BA2 3DN

01225 485400

New Car Sales

Authorised Repairer

Approved Used Car Sales

Edited by DGW
Details updated

Originally posted by pbanfield78 - Wed Jun 16, 2004

An excellent service provided at this garage. Very professional, good job, no problems and very reasonably priced. Also good looking girl working in the service dept (hehe) and free coffee!

Originally posted by Tigger_1979 - Fri May 27, 2005

20k Service for fabia

I was able to get a good deal by price matching

and they did a really good service on the car and left me feeling fine I would recommend them

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

First variable service came up at just over 15,000 miles and I had to be in Bath, so used Platinum Skoda, Bath. Very helpful, took be back and collected me, in my own car, rather than let me walk in the pouring rain. (Might have been the sight of me using crutches that did it.) Very pleasant and efficient receptionist. :)

Car was washed when I got it back - it needed it unfortunately, nice thin coating of mud from very wet country roads.

Didn't get chance to phone around and find out if £230 inc. VAT was reasonable or not.

Would use them again if I was in Bath.

• 5 months later...

I bought my Fabia vRS from Platinum, and I must say they are most professional, take care of their clients and pay attention to detail. If you are in the South West, annoyed at your more local Skoda dealership and can get to Platinum Skoda, Bath, I recommend you pay them a visit for servicing, repairs, new or used vehicles.

Marc on sales took me through the purchasing, did everything he could and got the package that suited me the best, made sure everything was just right. Very attentive, very approachable, even after I nearly made him hurl on the test drive! Top man!

I popped in for a couple of minor warranty things for my used Furby, and they came out trumps. As soon as I had arrived, the aforementioned pretty girl that works on the service desk had clocked my reg and had the paperwork on the desk, waiting for me. That was after a phone call yesterday and without an appointment. The Manager even offered to touch up the scratch I have in the bonnet whilst their guy is removing a bad scuff mark from the interior plastic trim, rather than me spending the money on a touch up paint! I didn't even ask for that! What better service can you get.

10/10 in my books. If you want to know how to be treated well, go to Platinum.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just had my car in for some minor warrenty work. This is an excellent garage with courteous, knowledgable and friendly staff.

Work was carried out quickly and with no hassle.

Well worth the travel from Bristol.

Many thanks, will definitely be back again.

• 2 months later...

Many things went wrong from the first time I used Platinum and still feel a waste of time and money to go there.

radio key lithium battery replaced and paid for but only later on Willis in London a real good battery was replaced and did finally worked what makes me really doubt of Platinum services.

Dodgy situation I spent almost 500 pounds and other place in London simply connected the computer to the car and solved it in front of me..in 5 minutes. the most amazing is they tell me they dont understand what Platinum been doing to the car because there was an error reported by Wag.com that just needed to be deleted and after scanned again there was no error. everything was fine after that..maybe I never had a problem.. Platinum was a nightmare and I will never forget it.

Just talking about it makes me angry.

• 1 month later...

We have now changed showrooms, details as follows :

Platinum Skoda,

Lower Bristol Road,

Bath,

BA2 3DN.

Telephone number 01225 485400.

Mod's Note: Thank you. I have updated the details at the head of this thread. DGW

Edited by DGW

• 3 months later...

I bought my 55 plate vrs fabia from this dealer about three months ago and was very disappointed with the service recieved.I wont say the salesman's name but let just say he was the youngest one there. The first saturday i went there i seen the car and decided to have it. A 500 quid deposit was required and i agreed. I was a mile up the road and realised i hadnt paid, i went back only for him to thank me for saving him a *******ing of his boss. It was also agreed that the wing mirrors would be resrayed as there were deep scratches on both. The week after when i picked the car up they looked fine. The next day after going for a drive, the paint had started to peel off both as there had ben no laqour applied. The salesman also agreed to send me a touch up pen to hide the marks which were supposed to have been done anyway. I also think the car is leaking coolant as it seems to be really low, and there are strange puddles anywhere after the car has been parked on a slope. They also sold it to me with only 6 days mot meaning i was driving around for two months illegally. They didnt notify me that it was up.

I'd personally recommend the Newport dealer, and Ryan in particular is very helpful. Apart from these problems, I am absolutely delighted with the car, 50mpg+ and also very quick!

• 5 months later...

have brought both my octavias from platinum had great deals on both plus when they need servicing they are picked up from my work and dropped back at the end of the day. James the salesman was very attentive when we brought are latest car nothing was to much trouble

Edited by smile

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Bought my new VRS here. Very helpful. Good px price. Reasonable coffee. Marc ( salesman ) applied no pressure and managed to be sensible when talking about extras. ( I can reveal to him now that I would have bought everything given half a chance !) Refreshingly he did not claim to know everything and was not afraid to say so.<- BIG bugbear of mine. Smooth handover. Would recommend to anyone.

Will report on after sales and servicing when I can

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Platinum Skoda Bath on several occassions for servicing and warranty work and have been very impressed. The waiting area was a bit grubby on my first visit but is now much better, with free coffee, water, children's books/toys and a decent viewing window of the workshop area, which I find reassuring. They have been attentive to even very minor problems with the car ************************ Above all, I personally feel confident that they know what they they are doing ****************************.

They pursued a small knocking noise very thoroughly before I left for a long trip through France, which gave me great confidence.

My only real gripe about Platinum Skoda is cost - in my experience they are always a good bit more expensive than ************************************ However, if you can negotiate a sensible price at outset then I believe they are about as good as they get in this area, and I would trust them with the more complex/risky jobs.

As my warranty is about to expire, I'm hoping they will keep up the good work by not generating any unnecessary work, and continuing to carry out their work to a high standard at reasonable cost. If they do then I'll continue to use their main dealer servicing in the years to come.

Edited by DGW
This forum is for first-hand factual feedback about Platinum Skoda. Off topic comment, and mention of other dealers, has been deleted.

• 2 months later...

I have visited this (my nearest) dealership twice in the past month, looking for information on the Yeti and on both occasions the sales staff have been rude, unapproachable and dissmissive and have provided inaccurate product information, even with the help of the sales brochure for support!

It is the worst experience I have ever had from visiting any car dealership, including some of the biggest car supermarket sites! I have called them to complain and I am awaiting a call back from their sales manager (Paul Doig..?)

I would not buy a Skoda from here based on the treatment I have had, and I am prepared to travel out of my way to Bristol or Long Ashton rather than give my business to this bunch of rude and incompetant people.

I have visited this (my nearest) dealership twice in the past month, looking for information on the Yeti and on both occasions the sales staff have been rude, unapproachable and dissmissive and have provided inaccurate product information, even with the help of the sales brochure for support!

It is the worst experience I have ever had from visiting any car dealership, including some of the biggest car supermarket sites! I have called them to complain and I am awaiting a call back from their sales manager (Paul Doig..?)

I would not buy a Skoda from here based on the treatment I have had, and I am prepared to travel out of my way to Bristol or Long Ashton rather than give my business to this bunch of rude and incompetant people.

Contact Allams of Epsom, they have given great service to several Yeti owners

Blades on the Feeder Road have always been good to me with sale of car and also servicing , had a problem with the secondary coolant pump, that was sorted out quickley. Avoid the Long Ashton garage at all costs !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly the same experience I had, they blanked me. Eventually bought mine from Clist and Rattle, which went smoothly!

Just had my turbo replaced at Platinum in Bath. The service I receieved from the Service Dept was second to none. They were extremely helpful, very patient with the warranty company, kept me informed all the way along the process and returned my calls.

I cannot praise them highly enough, especially Mike who dealt with my car. It was a pleasure to do business with them and would whole heartedly recommend them for servicing/repairs. Yes, they may be a little more expensive than some but fortunately this was covered by warranty.

I cannot comment on the sales staff as I have not bought anything from them. I have dealt with the parts dept. and they have been helpful too. A bit slow at the start as they were used to dealing with Renualt parts but now up to speed on Skoda items.

All in all a good outfit. :)

• 1 year later...

Having finally decided to change my Fabia 3 1.4TDI for an Octavia 1.6TDI I did a good deal of browsing the dealership stocklists in Bath and elsewhere before deciding to look at one of the Octavias from Platinum, Bath. Retail price of the vehicle in question was £12,500..

I went over there on 06th April and had a look at one of the Octavia SEs which was a '61' plate and was subsequently allowed a test drive of the SE in question. I didn't put down the deposit right after the test-drive as I had to go away and see what I had to hand. I went back on 12th April and this time took my Dad with me: he has had more cars than I and knows how to get good prices. Ini addition the SE I had taken for a test drive was still there. Again saw Phil and he took my Fabia for a circuit of about a mile (with me in the passenger seat) and then, on return, said I could have £5000 for it. That plus savings left me with a small shortfall which it was possible to raise. A bit of negotiating managed to get the price down to £12,150 which made the shortfall even less and the deal was done. The £500 deposit was thus paid.

Went back on 19th April, signed the Fabia over to Platinum and paid the outstanding balance of £6650 before leaving with the Octavia SE I had purchased which was the same one as I had done the test drive in back on 6th April.

I was very pleased with the standard to which the SE had been valeted inside and out prior to collection and found the whole experience of dealing with Platinum to be very good. I would certainly go back here again.

Dave

Edited by DaveHarries

• 7 months later...

I used Skoda platinum recently for an oil change, and some warranty work (which ended up being a water pump, and exhaust temp sensor).

Very courteous staff - despite there being a mix up with courtesy cars they made every effort to make sure I was given a car while my car was in.

Part took 3 days longer than expected to arrive but I did get a call every morning to let me know what was going on.

The day after I collected the car, I had the low coolant warning flash up - it would seem that they didn't properly bleed the system (same with the oil, it was down to the min mark the next morning).  I did call them on this as I was worried that the pump may not have been fitted properly, and they did advise that I could take the car back and they would sort it if Skoda Assist couldn't.

It was a Friday at 6pm when I got the car back so I guess the staff wanted to get off home, but was a bit disappointed after being treated so well...

• 1 month later...

I have had my Yeti for a couple of weeks, including seven days away,

I discovered a small problem while away so on my return contacted

the dealer Platinum Skoda in Bath. Could I take the car in on Friday?

I took the car in they saw the problem and agreed to rectify it at their cost

Well done Platinum Skoda.

• 5 months later...

I had bought an ex demo from an authorised dealer some miles away ,and after a few days noticed a problem so arranged an appointment with the platium Bath ,an hour after arrival problem could not be rectified,another hour passed and i was told the problem had been found,but they would not rectify it,and advised no charge for time spent but they could if they wanted too,I had assumed I had bought the 3 month old car from a Skoda uk dealership and any uk dealership would carry out ANY warranty work that was required but not Platium SKoda Bath it appears,I had planned to use this dealership for all my servicing due to its previous good reports and local to me,so I shall be contacting Skoda Uk to find where I stand with my Skoda uk warranty

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had bought an ex demo from an authorised dealer some miles away ,and after a few days noticed a problem so arranged an appointment with the platium Bath ,an hour after arrival problem could not be rectified,another hour passed and i was told the problem had been found,but they would not rectify it,and advised no charge for time spent but they could if they wanted too,I had assumed I had bought the 3 month old car from a Skoda uk dealership and any uk dealership would carry out ANY warranty work that was required but not Platium SKoda Bath it appears,I had planned to use this dealership for all my servicing due to its previous good reports and local to me,so I shall be contacting Skoda Uk to find where I stand with my Skoda uk warranty

Where abouts are you ? I was also using Platinum, Purchased the car new from them, but had a few problems and am now going to be using Westover in Salisbury. It's pretty much the same distance to both for me. There is an address/contact details in the dealers section.