My skoda vrs mk1 240 bhp OV52WGX

post-126781-0-33936500-1426357579_thumb.jpgpost-126781-0-42263100-1426357611_thumb.jpg

Hi guys here is my paperd vrs just done afew paint jobs on her black roof and painted black plastic bumper parts. Stage 2 revo remmap forge front mount all forge hard pipes turbo intercooler. Had her on dyno today 236hp and 275tq well happy more to come might go ko4 etc but not sure.

post-126781-0-80980200-1426357639_thumb.jpg

It does look good. I've gone off wrap a bit myself, maybe just because I'm crap at doing it though haha. What primer did you use for the rub strips? I think losing the door ones and colour coding the rest is definitely on my to do list. Spending a fair bit on maintenance and such lately so it would be nice to do something cheap, effective and pleasing to lift my spirits!

I had a front wheel bearing go and don't like doing things like that in singles so did both. Took about 4/5 hours labour for them to press them out, nightmare. I suspect I have some fading front bushes somewhere but ok for now. Other than that I had a dyno run and got some weird results, just about got the power and torque to where it should be just by swapping bits around that didn't cost me anything. However boost is tailing off a bit more than it should at the top end, this may require a spend of money to sort completely (see monstrous thread in this section!), getting there though. Plus I need new discs. Bit of a long list but all wear and tear and mods, no reliability concerns though.

Whoever did your paint looks to have done a good job.

Any chance of having the registration document for this car I sold you just over a month ago?

Still waiting for it's return despite many many requests!

Did you send it to my home address or DVLA?

I have written to DVLA to notify the change of owner as of the 8th Feb, so in theory a new reg document should be issued, however they won't have your address, and also your liable for the road fund licence from the 1st of February.

I notice that your still running it on my road fund licence as I've just checked DVLA website.

• 2 weeks later...

eBay advert also says "full MOT and tax" but the gov.uk vehicle check for OV52 WGX says it is untaxed since 8th feb (and not SORN!) and has MOT to January 2016, so not full. Obviously tax can't be transferred any more but the seller doesn't seem to realise this.

Link to ad here for anyone who can't be arsed to find it themselves:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-octavia-vrs-best-example-/191546527089

Did you send it to my home address or DVLA?

I have written to DVLA to notify the change of owner as of the 8th Feb, so in theory a new reg document should be issued, however they won't have your address, and also your liable for the road fund licence from the 1st of February.

I notice that your still running it on my road fund licence as I've just checked DVLA website.

How come you didn't send the V5 off yourself? That's the normal procedure for a private sale.

Whenever I sell a car I write out two receipts which both show the name/address of the seller and buyer as well as the actual time of the transfer of ownership. That way my arse should always be covered if the person that buys my car then goes on to do naughty things and I have a record of their name/address should it be needed as well.

Yip, that's the way to do it, very strange this...be interesting to know why he's moving it on, leave alone the reasons for the misleading ad and V5 situation. May be only a small thing as it has mot but I'd be a bit cheesed off if I was told it was full and went to view to find its 9 months. What's the point in being misleading about that?

Interesting. Not quite sure what's occuring. Just been comparing the engine spec in Butch's original for sale ad on here from a few weeks ago;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/342199-mk1-octavia-vrs-for-sale-my-pampered-baby-for-11-years-now-sold/

and the engine spec from the ebay add;

Engine: rebuilt auq engine including acl main bearings arp stud nut kit. Forged pistons steel rods. Cometic steel head gasket. New valves seals new valves re cut.  new piston rings new oil pump new modified oil pick up pipe. engines run in and coverd. 16.000 miles i allways warm my car up cool down ran on shell v power always!! Using motul race oil no knocks taps doesnt smoke at all!!! Bills receipts to prove. Iridium cooler spark plugs uprated coilpacks and coilpack holders.. Engine was built to withstand 500++++ bhp.  Rebuild alone cost just under £2000!!

Wish I had enough spare time to fully rebuild and uprate and engine and get 16000 miles on it in just over 7 weeks.

• Like 2

People are now giving the full V5 and hoping the buyer will send it off. That way the buyer and run on the current road tax. It only becomes invalid when a new keeper is added and if the dvla never get the v5 then they dont know its been sold. Not sure if thats whats happened here though.

Also its currently on 31 bids and £2500 [emoji46] i feel like someones about to be conned big time. Im sure i remember butchvrs post about finally letting her go, im sure he had owned it 10years

Edited by BrownBarge