My skoda vrs mk1 240 bhp OV52WGX

What a scumbag. What makes it even sadder butch is that looks like an utterly mint Mk1 which deserves a good owner.

Proof if any was needed that the auction ad is fraudulent? Have found a number of posts on different forums from a chap with a consistent username of 'Grahams81' (ie - not Andy) who owns a Mk1 Leon. A ruddy nice Mk1 Leon. The pictures in the auction of the engine build stuff are lifted (stolen) directly from Grahams81's Leon build thread, seen http://www.vagcars.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?4819-Grahams81-Mk1-2-1T-Cupra-Engine-Build-Thread and also at http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?5546449-Seat-Leon-1-8T-Cupra-Mk1-4wd-Conversion-amp-BW-8374-EFR-Build-Thread&p=75330744&viewfull=1 and finally also on http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5546449-Seat-Leon-1.8T-Cupra-Mk1-4wd-Conversion-amp-BW-8374-EFR-Build-Thread

Lovely bit of work - but definitely not in OV52 WGX.

• Like 2

What a scumbag. What makes it even sadder butch is that looks like an utterly mint Mk1 which deserves a good owner.

Proof if any was needed that the auction ad is fraudulent? Have found a number of posts on different forums from a chap with a consistent username of 'Grahams81' (ie - not Andy) who owns a Mk1 Leon. A ruddy nice Mk1 Leon. The pictures in the auction of the engine build stuff are lifted (stolen) directly from Grahams81's Leon build thread, seen http://www.vagcars.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?4819-Grahams81-Mk1-2-1T-Cupra-Engine-Build-Thread and also at http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?5546449-Seat-Leon-1-8T-Cupra-Mk1-4wd-Conversion-amp-BW-8374-EFR-Build-Thread&p=75330744&viewfull=1 and finally also on http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5546449-Seat-Leon-1.8T-Cupra-Mk1-4wd-Conversion-amp-BW-8374-EFR-Build-Thread

Lovely bit of work - but definitely not in OV52 WGX.

Nice find - I suspected the engine pictures would've been stolen from somewhere but didn't have time/inclination to find them myself. Hopefully that will be all the evidence eBay need to pull his advert.

I have been disappointed by eBay not seeing things through before but hopefully they see this as serious enough. If they're aware that the seller is potentially breaking the law as in a fraudulent v5 and misleading/untruthful ad which is part of their policy then surely they will pull the ad.

Seems to me he's dealing but acting as a private buyer.

I think I'll notify e-bay again that he's a trader.

Thanks for the detective work and words of support guys.

Thankfully I'm definitely no longer the registered keeper as I rang DVLA this morning to confirm, they now say they can't do anything about it but to try trading standards. 

I've just had a look around that area on Google maps and found exactly where he lives, No 47 Staite Drive, Cookley, Kidderminster.

By using the photo's he's used you can find his house quite easily, go to the bottom of the road, turn left and it's the first 2 story house on the left

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.421086,-2.22722,3a,75y,270h,86.89t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s_JItomG2ZAPLL3NksZ_iOQ!2e0

It's even got the little tree in the front garden!

At least I now have an address I can pass on to DVLA and the trading standards.

• Like 1

I've just had a look around that area on Google maps and found exactly where he lives, No 47 Staite Drive, Cookley, Kidderminster.

By using the photo's he's used you can find his house quite easily, go to the bottom of the road, turn left and it's the first 2 story house on the left

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.421086,-2.22722,3a,75y,270h,86.89t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s_JItomG2ZAPLL3NksZ_iOQ!2e0

It's even got the little tree in the front garden!

At least I now have an address I can pass on to DVLA and the trading standards.

Whilst google maps says 47, that's actually number 24. :)  If you check the two other houses next door they are 22 and 20. :)

Hi guys, I'm new to this site. I have been looking for a tidy Octavia VRS for a while and stumbled across this car on eBay the other night. I then found this thread, something really doesn't ring true! Why steal pics from another forum claiming to be on your car? Why sell it so soon after buying it? Why say you have owned it for the last 10 years when you blatantly haven't? Looks like he is trying to con some poor unassuming buyer. I might just give him a shout and see what the score is!

Hi guys, I'm new to this site. I have been looking for a tidy Octavia VRS for a while and stumbled across this car on eBay the other night. I then found this thread, something really doesn't ring true! Why steal pics from another forum claiming to be on your car? Why sell it so soon after buying it? Why say you have owned it for the last 10 years when you blatantly haven't? Looks like he is trying to con some poor unassuming buyer. I might just give him a shout and see what the score is!

A few probing questions may tug at his conscience if he has one. Thing is we all know here it is a genuinely very good car, so unfortunate it's ended up in his hands and the price is getting ramped up in no small way because of his deception. He did pass through this forum after he bought it of Butchvrs but not shown himself since he was quizzed over the V5. Rest assured people like him are in the minority on this forum to say the least.

• Like 1

People are now giving the full V5 and hoping the buyer will send it off. That way the buyer and run on the current road tax. It only becomes invalid when a new keeper is added and if the dvla never get the v5 then they dont know its been sold. Not sure if thats whats happened here though.

Pretty sure it's now enforced heavily (not updating the dvla) and the previous owner can be liable for a hefty fine - it's always been the case but rarely enforced.

Pretty sure it's now enforced heavily (not updating the dvla) and the previous owner can be liable for a hefty fine - it's always been the case but rarely enforced.

Not disputing that its enforced but that doesnt mean its not happening

Well, I have tried to call the seller and got his voicemail. I then text him and apparently the speaker on his phone is broken. Anyway, managed to get a few texts to & fro - apparently it has only ever had one owner, he has owned it for the last 10 years and the MOT runs out in November (which is confusing as he is the 3rd owner, only bought it a few weeks ago and the MOT runs out in January - check butchvrs's original advert in the classifieds).

I then go on to ask him about the engine - apparently he has put 16,000 miles on it and it was fitted 'just after xmas'! Who on earth does over 5000 miles a month?! Especially on an engine like this! My thoughts are is that he's trying to advertise it as something it is not and is trying to make a fast buck...he wants £4500 for it. Stealing pictures pretending it's his, I'm sure trading standards would pull him apart

I asked him to send me a few more pictures of the engine bay & interior and if this is the car that was advertised on Briskoda recently....and I get the following reply -

"I have rang West Mercia Police. Due to harassment they have your address. I suggest you stop." He has also blocked my number! I have absolutely no idea what is going on (and how the hell would he have my address when he doesn't know me!) but I reckon he is hiding something and has seen this thread, guilty conscience? I think so! If anybody wants proof of this scumbag then I have all the texts that Im happy to show. Also, he must be dumb as hell and the can't spell for sh*te!

• Like 4

Well, I have tried to call the seller and got his voicemail. I then text him and apparently the speaker on his phone is broken. Anyway, managed to get a few texts to & fro - apparently it has only ever had one owner, he has owned it for the last 10 years and the MOT runs out in November (which is confusing as he is the 3rd owner, only bought it a few weeks ago and the MOT runs out in January - check butchvrs's original advert in the classifieds).

I then go on to ask him about the engine - apparently he has put 16,000 miles on it and it was fitted 'just after xmas'! Who on earth does over 5000 miles a month?! Especially on an engine like this! My thoughts are is that he's trying to advertise it as something it is not and is trying to make a fast buck...he wants £4500 for it. Stealing pictures pretending it's his, I'm sure trading standards would pull him apart

I asked him to send me a few more pictures of the engine bay & interior and if this is the car that was advertised on Briskoda recently....and I get the following reply -

"I have rang West Mercia Police. Due to harassment they have your address. I suggest you stop." He has also blocked my number! I have absolutely no idea what is going on (and how the hell would he have my address when he doesn't know me!) but I reckon he is hiding something and has seen this thread, guilty conscience? I think so! If anybody wants proof of this scumbag then I have all the texts that Im happy to show. Also, he must be dumb as hell and the can't spell for sh*te!

Good of him to phone them and register a complaint with his name and address,.......................now they know where to go with their fraud enquiries over the car.

• Like 2