CLACTON-ON-SEA
Essex
CO16 9LD

01255 860860

Services:
Authorised Repairer

Edited by fordfan
Details updated

Although Hayes is a half hour drive from me (and that there is now a new skoda dealer half a mile from my house), I always take my car to them for anything that needs doing.

Never had anything but good, friendly service. If I were to buy another skoda, I'd go here :)

Originally posted by JaneC - Fri May 14, 2004

I've bought a Felicia and now an Octavia from this dealer. Nothing has ever been too much trouble - even been in for one of their techies to attend to some stone chips FOC. Also had a problem with a replacement head unit which stopped working, took it for them to check the connections which they did, with no notice, and also FOC.

Would not hesitate to use them again.

• 2 years later...

Bought my Mk1 Octy RS from them and they were really friendly staff. Passionate and enthusiastic about their cars. Very knowledgeable. It's all about the customer and not so much about the numbers.

Tech staff also been very helpfull on all occasions. Had a few warranty jobs done here. Including my mooing rear brakes, which were done pre release of their comany wide official info sent to them. All good work. Even helped me out with wiring an amp FOC.

• 4 months later...

Good to read such positive reports! :-)

I bought a 2nd-hand Favorit in Edinburgh, then started using Porters in Marks Tey, who no longer have a franchise, before buying my Fun from them.

Since Underwoods would take me two bus rides and Hayes only one, that's another reason to use them.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

positives first:really friendly, and good prices. My octy vrs was a steal,and sales staff agreed to service the car etc, etc before service. Nice experience and good communication from them.

Negatives: They did simply lie to me about the work they had done. 60K checks were ticked as done. Then one checked item was found not to be working (On drive home). The pollen filter was ticked as changed in the service book- not done. Air filter likewise.

Also stereo was simply not working on the car, which was a bit odd.

However, all rectified and some parkinsensors fitted as an apology.

Overall experience was tainted by the negatives, but better than vindis Cambridge Who are closer by 2 hours, and will never see my custom again.

• 6 years later...

Having been left somewhat disappointed and disillusioned with my local Skoda Dealer (Underwoods of Colchester), when I owned a Fabia, I headed over to Hayes in Little Clacton, and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised (in a good way).  Only had the car a couple of Months, and have had a couple of what I thought were issues (idling / low power at low revs, as well as warm A/C).  However after just over an hour, all was well, and the After Sales Manager, Chris, even spent a decent amount of time after they'd finished with the car; talking me through the tests carried-out, and gave a discount on Diagnostics (as no faults were found).  Showroom is well kept, with Friendly Receptionist, free hot drinks and biscuits, and Wimbledon was on the TV - bonus!  Despite my car being fourteen years old, they seemed just as interested and enthusiastic as if I'd brought in a newer Skoda too.

I will definitely recommend this Garage, and based upon the level of Customer Service experienced, will be looking to use here for Servicing etc. in the future.

WELL DONE HAYES SKODA! :)

• 4 years later...