Rainworth Motors Ltd - Mansfield..

DGW

Managed to lock both sets of keys in my 3 week old Yeti. Skoda "assistance" were unable to gain access to the car and I was left with no choice but to instruct them to beak into the car (smashed rear drivers side window).

I was then left with a car with a broken rear window and nowhere secure to store it at 6pm on a Sunday evening. I spoke to one of the sales staff and he kindly agreed to open up the workshop, several hours after they had closed, in order to store my car securely - thanks Kev. The glass was ordered the following day and fitted shortly thereafter.

The above is a quote from Pinkpanther but the quote seems to have gone wrong

I can sympathise with this, I locked both my keys in my Yeti the day I collected it from Rainworth, luckily the boot was slightly ajar and an RAC man spent two hours trying to press the open button on the remote. The RAC man suceeded so no need to smash a window (and they had one in stock). Autolock function now well qnd truley switched off!

• 1 month later...

All good so far from this dealer. Pleasant, no fuss deal on a new car. They weren't pushy as some dealers can be, just efficient and straight foward to deal with, how I like it.

As said new car so it will be next year before I test out there service side of the dealership, hope they are as efficient.

Mick

• 4 months later...

I took my Superb in for it's 20k service this morning and you couldn't want a more pleasant bunch of people, unlike some dealers who act as if they're doing you a favour by having you as a customer. It's a 90+ minute round trip and the work only took 2 hours so I waited around and used their free Wi-Fi to keep myself occupied in their waiting area.

I'm back down there again in a couple of weeks for the wife's Fabia service. They're also replacing the rear quarter lights on my car as the chrome trim has some water ingress that's dulled it completely. They've offered me a free courtesy car (since it'll need to stay in overnight for the windows to be bonded completely) and I couldn't be happier with the service.

• 3 weeks later...

To follow up on my last comment... We took both cars down on Friday; the Fabia for it's service and my Superb for the overnight warranty work.

Originally we planned to sit and wait for the Fabia but we asked for a couple of warranty items to be looked at so they suggested that we leave it overnight to give them some extra time and make use of the free courtesy car. All I needed to do was add a drop of petrol to it since it was a tad low on fuel.

We drove back yesterday and all the work we'd wanted doing was complete. My Superb had all the window chrome replaced when I was only expecting the rear quarter-light to be done so that was a pleasant surprise. They'd also replaced the windscreen vent which I'd reported as coming unclipped. On the Fabia they'd done the service, replaced a delaminating rear badge and checked out a niggle with the central locking. The Fabia service should, rather strangely, have cost more than the Superb service but they dropped the price so we paid the same for both.

I did manage to embarrass myself though... On the way home there was a rattle coming (I thought) from the left-hand windscreen vent and I presumed it was a lose clip or screw that they'd left in. I turned around after a couple of miles and went back to ask them to take a look. There was only the one chap on the service desk but without hesitation he offered to do a test drive with me. Long story short; it turned out to be that the two LED bulbs had fallen out of the map lights and were rattling round inside the light unit. How silly did I feel! We laughed about that and I dropped him off back at the site and drove home.

All in all another very satisfactory experience with Rainworth.

It's just such a shame it's a 50 mile round trip for me to make a visit; especially as the roads through Mansfield flip-flop between single and double lane which causes near misses at every set of traffic lights.

Edited by unclerichy

Rainworth's recently carried out the first service on my Yeti. This was completed in under an hour and whilst waiting I made use of the facilities, ie free coffee / hot chocolate!.

The whole process, from booking the car in, to collecting it after the service, was completed efficiently and with a minimum of fuss.

I then called in (un-announced) a couple of days later, when the car began to make a strange noise (http://www.briskoda....om-diesel-yeti/). They kindly fitted me in straight away and were able to reassure me the noise did not represent a serious issue with the car.

I've dealt with every aspect of this dealership on numerous occasions (new / used car sales, service and parts) and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. They have previously beat every competitors price on new cars and also recently did me a cracking deal on a set of winter tyres and steel rims. The tyres actually came in cheaper than any I could locate online (Camskill / MyTyres etc).

• 5 weeks later...

Went to Rainworth today as pre-booked a week ago, to get my Bolero looked at for slow SD access. My car is under warranty, and knowing there is a fix I expected it all to be sorted no problem.

The service guy there told me he had never heard of this problem, but I explained that many people on here have has the same issue, told him what the fix is, and that I know they have done the job before for at least one person on here, and told another dealer what to do.

After about a 40 minute wait the guy comes and gets me, and tells me that the computer says there are no updates for my car when scanned, so they can't do it under warranty. However if I want them to manually force the update to the version 54 firmware it needs, it will cost me £56. He also tried to tell it's because I'm using a 32GB card and that I should only be using a 16GB card which would work fine. This was despite me telling him that previously tried 2 and 4GB cards perform exactly the same.

I will not be returning to Rainworth, and my dislike of main dealers has only increased.

• Like 1

I was the first person to have the update so I can't believe they've chosen to charge for something that's in need of doing under warranty. Granted that the update doesn't specifically mention slow SD card reading but that isn't your fault is it?

I've seen your comments on other threads before mate and I knew about you having it done there. That's the reason I went from round our way all the way to there instead of Bickerton or somewhere closer. Disappointed with them to say the least.

Rainworth's updated the firmware on the Bolero fitted to my 2009 Yeti several years ago. It was done free of charge and if I remember correctly required around 1 hour of workshop time. I'm not sure which version of firmware was flashed, but it certainly solved the slow reading of the SD card, common to early Bolero's.

Well, I put a call in to Skoda UK today, who were equally unhelpful, saying that the firmware update is not intended to fix the slow SD card access, and since that's the fault I've reported they "can't" do the update. They also blamed me for using a 32GB card, even though I once again said that I am quite prepared to prove that 2GB and 4GB cards behave in exactly the same way.

I'm pretty sure my next car will not be a Skoda.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Rainworth 3 years ago to change my car. Had a 2003 Octavia 4x4 hatch which I had purchased new from Clock in Derby. Had become disillusioned with Clock after they ripped me off when they found a broken rear spring when they did the service and MOT. They charged me for a genuine Skoda part which I know they sourced from the local Romac motor spares shop in Spondon. A friend was in the shop when the order was placed! Not sorry they lost the dealership. When I came to change I wanted a used Race Blue VRS petrol with DSG box. Clock had nothing in stock so went to Rainworth who had the car I wanted. It was supposed to have Bluetooth Handsfree and iPod interface. Subsequently found these were missing. Complained to Rainworth who retro fitted the Bluetooth kit and gave me a £200 refund for the missing iPod connector, so was happy with that. I've been back for the last service and MOT this month and they did a good job and even lent me a car for the day.

Wife has just traded her 2003 Fabia for a new one. Asked them to fit a Parrot hand free kit in it for her which I had out my old Octavia. They did mess up the install by wiring the ignition feed to a permanent live leaving the kit switched on all the time, but once we complained, they were quick to get the car. Back in to rectify the problem. Just took out a 3 year service deal with them and service manager David was most helpful in all the dealings I had with them. so far so good. Bit loathed to go to Gordon Lamb Derby now as the service staff are the old Clock lot!

• 2 months later...

I bought my new Yeti from Rainworth recently via an internet broker (Carfile).

I have nothing but praise for the way my purchase was deal with, salesman Grant was reliable, friendly and delivered everything promised. 

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.

• 2 months later...

Rang Rainworth as I was looking for a price to change to a new Octy III, having happily used them in the past for service work and more recently their on-line shop.

Obviously they have plenty of orders already, as despite a promise to call me back with some figures I've not heard from them since. Oh another odd thing, I asked the sales chap to confirm who I was talking to and he wouldn't give his name :wonder:

Suffice to say another dealer has now got my business.

TP

• 2 weeks later...

All good so far from this dealer. Pleasant, no fuss deal on a new car. They weren't pushy as some dealers can be, just efficient and straight foward to deal with, how I like it.

As said new car so it will be next year before I test out there service side of the dealership, hope they are as efficient.

Mick

Well wind on one year and back to them for a first service. Again all good, car serviced while I waited (it's only a small service 1 hour max apparently) all done no fuss at an agreed price all cleaned and ready for me within an hour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought shedloads of bits over the past three years both via their Ebay Shop and directly - always delivered promptly and at a competitive price.

Jonathan, Parts Manager is always keen to assist.

Moved my Yeti there for servicing as they are Revo agents and can reload any maps if overwritten by Škoda updates.

Had Mrs MM's Fabia there yesterday for Service/MOT/BFC, completed speedily whilst I waited and enjoyed free drinks and wi-fi. Car returned immaculately presented.

Yeti booked in now for early 2014 Service/1st.MOT/BFC.

Probably not the cheapest, but very competitive and top customer care. The Davids are always helpful and interested.

Dribbled over a lovely metallic black Octavia VRS TDi Estate in the showroom yesterday, but no pressure :)....

It's a 70 mile round trip, but I'm happy to do the extra miles as they do for me!

• 1 month later...

Recently took delivery of a 2014 Skoda Superb 4x4. Paid for factory tow bar prep and they charged £650 to fit tow bar and electrics. Plugged up to caravan for first time to discover reversing sensor still beeping away. Not yet checked re car rear fog lights or trailer stability. Rang them last week about this spoke to service department, didn't appear to know what I was talking about. Said they would call me back, surprise, surprise, no phone call. Not the response I expected after spending £30k on a car. I suspect they have not coded the car after fitting the tow bar electrics.

• 3 weeks later...

All now sorted thanks to Mobile Towbar Services. Rainworth Motors had had them in to fit the towbar but they had been unable to do the re code at the time and I hadn't been told. Came to house and sorted it in minutes would recommend them.

Ordered a Citigo from them at end of Jan, They weren't bad but weren't fantastic. Will see when I take delivery of my car how good they actually are :)

• 1 month later...

Just took delivery of a new Octavia vRS diesel from them.

Did the deal with them originally over the internet, as they were willing to talk a fairer deal, rather than my previous dealer who offered me low trade on my Octavia vRS Blackline against full retail price on the new Octavia.

Richard in sales was helpful in my original communications and was honest about delivery timelines. Once he had a definite build date, he kept me in the loop re: expected delivery and collection dates.

Didn't come back to me a couple of times re: reg. nos. queries during the build/delivery phase - but busy time of year I guess. 

Collected the car on Saturday. Car well prep'd, with everything I'd asked for. Handover was pleasant, with as much time as you wanted to go through everything - so very happy all in all.

• 2 months later...

Ordered a part off them at 11.00am tues arrived 9.00am wed unbeatable service ,many thanks to Jonathan

Can only echo that - even for a relatively obscure part like a rear light bulb carrier.

AND Rainworth are loyal, long term supporters of the Dukeries Rally. :clap:

I took my Octavia in for them to look at faulty struts to the hatch, was treated as a valued customer.

They apologized for the problem  in the first place! and had it sorted with new struts quickly.

The two David's are very good, as are all I have had dealings with, other dealers should take note.

Just purchased yet another car from here (Rapid). Previously purchased MK I Octavia vRS, MKII Octavia TSi, x2 Roomsters and x2 Yeti's. Excellent deal and dealt with in a straight forward / no fuss manner.

Thanks especially to Kev Smith in sales for his help in choosing the right car for my needs.

Jonathan in parts has also helped me on numerous occasions and in fact was able to supply my steel wheels / winter tyres for the Yeti at a price which bettered all other suppliers (including online - MyTyres etc).

Happy to recommend this dealership.

• 6 months later...

I have just taken delivery of my new Scout 184 DSG ordered on the 14th Oct and picked up on the 12th Dec.

Many thanks to Steve Cantrell for his help and for keeping me fully informed throughout.

This is my third car from this dealer with no problems.