Sandicliffe Skoda - Leicester.. (formerly Farmers)

DGW

Sandicliffe Skoda

414 - 416 Groby Road

Leicester

LE3 9QB

0116 231 7060

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by damo
Details checked.

Originally posted by fabvrs - Thu Jan 15, 2004

I visited Farmers to purchase my new Fabia Vrs and was told that I like many others would have to wait until April and that if I found another dealership saying they could get me one they were lying. So I trsted him and laid down my deposit, I then asked what optional extras were available to be told Metalic paint. When I asked about cruise contol I was told they don't have it. I then settled and thought nothing of it, until my Skoda technician friend told me they do have cruise on them! Poor product Knowledge.

I then asked to have one with cruise control and hey presto he said i could have one.

In the meantime i decided to look around to if i could get a better part Ex and quicker delivery. I found Albar Autos with 2. 1 in stock one in production, I paid my deposit with Albar who gave me more for my Astra and got the car for me within 2 weeks.

Originally posted by Der Herr Chirug - Sun Jan 25, 2004

Farmers serviced my Fabia, that I had purchased from Albar. They were prompt, courteous, supplied a satisfactory courtesy car and made the process comfortable and easy. Very satisfied.

Originally posted by Ken VRS - Wed Apr 7, 2004

I was going to buy my new Octy vRS from either Farmers or Albar and spent over a month weighing them up.

I gave Farmers a test by ringing them up on sat morning to see if I could have a test drive for a couple of hours that afternoon. The rep that I had been dealing with was not working that day, but they still sorted it for me and the I had a dmo car for 2 hours that afternoon. This to me is good service where they are willing to put the customers needs first.

When I was asking for extra non listed options, they came back to me with the information I requested in a prompt fashion.

I asked for the pick up date to be brought forward at the last minute and they sorted that out with no fuss.

I can honestly say that there was no complaints or bad points with Farmers when I went through the process of buying the new car (and I had never done it before).

If considering buying a car I would recommend them.

Originally posted by wicliffe - Mon Aug 30, 2004

When I was buying my Ocyavia - I asked if I could get a test drive - they said I could sit in one in the showroom - I already had sat in one - in a showroom. I rang albar one Saturday afternoon and Tosh offerred me a test drive on the following morning. Gave me the keys and siad to bring it back when I was happy.

Guess where I bought my Octavia from ?

Farmers were great when I asked for a Fabia vRS test drive - let me go out on my own, for as long as I liked (as long as I was back before they closed). This was after a Renault test drive which was literally a few miles round the block, with the salesman by my side.

But Farmers completely lost it on pricing - they asked me for £600 more than Brooklyn, Rugby for exactly the same specification, and I ended up buying from Brooklyn despite a past history of many years using Farmers. I have to say that Farmers' price was woefully uncompetitive.

• 5 months later...

I didn't buy my Superb from Farmers because they declined to quote to my fleet supplier although given the opportunity. I booked my car in for a service, arrived at 08:15, found they don't open until 08:30 (late for a motor dealer) but they kept us locked out until nearly 08:50. Serviced the car OK but did not know what parts to order for my damaged glovebox. After 2 further visits they had not called me back as promised regarding repairing my glovebox which has not had a lock for 3 months.

I will NOT be returning to Farmers.

I am very satisfied with Farmers. Let me test drive A Fabia VRs on my own for as long as i liked (as long as it was back before closing time) I did over 100 miles on the test drive.

Found them ok on the price too when i brought my car.

Accident repair damage and servicing done very satisfactorily, supplied me with a brand new Octavia estate for 3 days whilst waiting for the Furby to be repaired.

• 7 months later...

I had my Fabia serviced at Farmers and i thought that the guy had no idea what he was doing. Personally, i thought i would have got some kind of courtesy call to say that my car was ready, but nah, nothing like that. I just went back and hoped it was done. To be fair, it was, but the paperwork wasnt so that was me and other half sitting there for another 15mins why the "expert" went and sorted it all out.

Three weeks previous to this i went in to get some oil as i was driving to Devon for the weekend. The same bloke had no idea which oil it was and his senior, boss or whoever was was having to explain which oil i needed. I think i may take my car elsewhere in future as i thought Farmers were awful.

Oh, and this service was three weeks ago now (£200 +) and i am still waiting for my written quote for some repair work on my grille to arrive through the post.

Guess who wont be using Farmers at Leicester again?!

• 2 months later...

Bought a 2004 Fabia Estate from them in August I saw on the internet. I travelled from Birmingham to Farmers in Leicester rather than use local dealerships as the used cars available were pretty poor - the one from Farmers turned out to be immaculate, with much better spec. & value for money than locally - even got alloy wheels. They fitted remote central locking for £250 - a good price I thought. Sale & part-ex of my old car was easy peasy. Very impressed.

• 4 months later...

Have not bought new car off them since falmers took over, bought two when it was keeble and was very happy.

As financial circumstances dictate I have to drive an older car now I wanted a service doing on my 1999 felicia I had just bought privately.

I rang them and asked for a quote for a basic oil change service and inspection,

They said £98, I agreed and asked them to do it while I waited.

When I took car in, I also asked them to look at stiff gear change.

As I was there I saw mechanic collect my car then take it for test drive,he had been on it for two hours.

When they asked me to pay they told me what they had done to car, they had even adjusted my wheel bearings.

Now for the shock ....... cost.......£98

When I got car home I was over the moon, they had been in every nook and cranny, just what you would expect on a full service.

I can only give them 100%

Our L&K came from Farmers, and the beat the DTD price, but thier product knowledge was not great. Then again, the New spec L&K had only just apeared on the price list. Calls were usually returned promptly (no worse than any other place I've used), and they were helpful, if a little slow getting the car kit ordered, but did print me off the full fitting instructions, which really helped.

I will be using Farmers, despite living 2 miles from Albars. Not even sure Albars are a Skoda garage any more......They still have the badge displayed, but have far more Kia, and don't seem to be listed on the SUK website any more!

Phil

Forgot to mention, they were great when we changed to order, twice!

• 8 months later...

I had a problem with my engine management light flashing, I was told to take my car in. They attached their computer, diagnosed a coil pack failure, it was replaced under warranty and I was on my way within an hour. Excellent service, they even gave me a free coffee whilst I was waiting.

• 1 year later...

Bought my fabia from here, was allowed to take it out on my own after leaving the keys (which isn't bad providing I'm 20). I have to admit I wasn't planning on getting after seeing it online but after seeing it in its spotless condition and the great help I received I went for it. I told them I could get it the next week so in that time they serviced it, cleaned a couple of bits inside that I asked them to look at and cleaned it on the outside the night before collecting along with touching up some paintwork and getting me some Mats. Not only that but Nigel the salesman who dealt with me helped from start to finish and it even involved him coming in on the day I collected the car which was his day off and before they normally open. Its not very local to me but I would be happy to go back there again.

• 1 month later...

Bought my Octy @ Farmers Leicester. A man (Nigel - big thanks for him !!) which was involved in selling that car was very friendly and helped me out with finance. After few weeks i did notice yellow light on my console ... (engine fault) ... i went to Skoda (farmers Leicester) ... i`ve been told that the problem is a exhaust pressure sensor , after about an hour i get my car back ... (they "changed" that sensor) ...without any faults ... i was happy ;) but my not for so long ... i mean about 3 miles ... light just comes on again ... i phoned them and they booked service for me . ... and you know what ? ... they didnt change this ***** sensor on that time :/ just cleared faults ....

I will se 2day as sometimes i can feel lack of power in my vRS ...car is still under manufacturer warranty...

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate langauage removed.

• 1 month later...

I get my car today because like i said before lack of power ... problem was ... timings, they set it properly , car is working now perfectly !! ... and i was surprised ... because i bought my Columbus at car audio shop in Leicester and it wasnt programed properly with MAXIDOT ... after my visit at Farmers Leicester .. i did notice that my maxidot showing me everything what is on SATNAV !! :) they did it free of charge :)

Fantastic service :)

Well done FARMERS !!!

Went in with minor warranty problem for them to look at (brakes). Service guy looked at in a disinterested fashion. Basically said it was OK (which it wasn't) - obviously didn't want to do the job so I left. Later took the car to Rainsworth (Mansfield) who WERE helpful.

Farmers quote for first (fixed) service £165.50, ******** quote £119......guess who I will be using.

Edited by DGW
This forum is not for recommending other dealers!

I am on my third car purchased from Farmers Skoda in Leicester. I can not fault them in any way from the sales team (thanks Mike). Accident repairs and servicing was all done to a high standard. Currently waiting for the management system to show first service on the latest addition Octavia VRS which I will be taking back to Famers to be serviced

• 1 month later...

Reluctant to do warranty work. The service manager (at least I think he was the manager) was very snotty because I hadn't purchased it from them (although I was giving them service work !!). I took it to another dealer who had a somewhat more proactive attitude.

Maybe they are better if you bought the car from them, although that's not the best way to run a dealership and attract more custom.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Called for a test drive last week (vRS) spoke to Mike and he didn't too bothered to sort it out, funny thing is a week on and I've heard nothing. Sad really as I wanted to deal with my local dealer. The service folk are generally good apart from trying to charge me for my last service (2nd service) and providing a long life service instead of annual (they did not charge me for this). When I have requested parts they have been very good and even dropped a couple of bits of at my house. Now that is customer service!

• 4 months later...

My husband has had two Octavias previously, the last being a vRS. He took it to Farmers, as Albar Autos up in Mountsorrel said they weren't working on Skodas anymore (shame). As soon as mentioned that it was a company car, they just didn't seem to give a damn. The servicing was sloppy, on being asked to check the alignment they said they had, and then later said they didn't have the equipment.

We went on holiday three days after it had had a major service - the back brakes failed, then a few days later an injector jammed and we had to take it to a Volkswagen garage for it to be fixed - not impressed as you can imagine. Then, 20 miles away from home, the engine starts playing up. Diagnosis? The turbo and top engine was broken.

It took four weeks for them to fix it - two to diagnose it and two to get the parts in. We had to keep chasing every time we wanted to know something as they never once bothered phoning us. They also admitted, three weeks in, that it should have been recalled by them for some recall work and it hadn't. It also 'ate' three turbos before they decided to change the whole engine and then fit a new turbo.

Two months later, and there was a loud bang from the engine. Guess what? The turbo had gone, which they then tried to blame us on for over filling the oil!

It was such a shame, as the vRS was a lovely car, but in the end he was glad to see it go as Farmers did such poor servicing/repairs on it that it was in the garage more than on the road. Their attitude stank too.