D M Keith (York) Ltd - York

Recently completed my first purchase from Martyn Beever Skoda and overall a very positive experience. The staff are all friendly and helpful without any of the pushy sales stuff you get at some dealers; a good old fashioned Skoda family buisness. Well worth a visit if you a looking for good customer service.

Just a point to note; the N75 valve not being properly attached was missed on the PDI.

Edit Jan 09

Had to go back with a couple of minor faults, so my first dealings with the service team. Very impressed with the very customer focused attitude of all the staff and the standard of work carried out so far. :)

Edit April 09

Dealership having a revamp, also taken on the Seat brand thus dividing the showroom.

TP

Edited by The Plumber

• 9 months later...

Bought my Yeti from Martyn Beevers as was and found particularly the service department to be very good. Popped in June to discuss possibly purchasing a Fabia for my wife; surprised to find it in the throws of new ownership (got the feeling it was unwelcome).

Same sales and service team but the focus on customer service was almost non existent and making lots of money from it's customers appeared to be the new game in town, so I was not surprised to hear their excellent service manager moved on shortly after.

Needless to say we bought a Fabia elsewhere and saved 1K on the best price D M Keith (York) were offering on a P/X deal. Regards service think they may have lost this business too.

Shame as I liked the Beevers set-up :(

TP

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Had a problem with the parts department not giving part numbers out when i was in desperate need of a part. Happy to say this was fully addressed by mr Dougal Keith (MD) and Paul Gater (head of York). After i emailed Mr Keith

I am very impressed how they sorted it all out and am happy using them again. :)

Edited by Raf_75

• 3 months later...

Morning all!

I work for D M Keith York, we have some new staff in place over the last few months.

I feel we now have a very strong and helpful team, lots of experience as well as a few trainees!

Hopefully the problems some have you have experienced in the past will now be ironed out!

If you have any exisiting or future problems with York or with D M Keith at all, please get in touch with me, I will personally sort any problems with York, or get one of the managers at the other sites to sort any other issues.

I look forward to speaking some of you, helping in any way I can, and to learn few things along the way!

Thanks

Ben

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: 01904 69 29 21

PS - We are currently looking for a few new additions to the team so get drop me a message if you fancy joining the Skoda team at York :D !

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all!

I work for D M Keith York, we have some new staff in place over the last few months.

I feel we now have a very strong and helpful team, lots of experience as well as a few trainees!

Hopefully the problems some have you have experienced in the past will now be ironed out!

If you have any exisiting or future problems with York or with D M Keith at all, please get in touch with me, I will personally sort any problems with York, or get one of the managers at the other sites to sort any other issues.

I look forward to speaking some of you, helping in any way I can, and to learn few things along the way!

Thanks

Ben

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: 01904 69 29 21

PS - We are currently looking for a few new additions to the team so get drop me a message if you fancy joining the Skoda team at York :D !

Ben,

You had an email today about some damage caused to my parents vehicle whilst under DM Keith's care which they weren't informed about.

Have also dropped you a PM

Matthew

• 1 month later...

Mikey

Try this e mail address [email protected] I got a reply from the main man when I had a problem with one of his least useful members of staff...now ex..

Hi Mikey,

Please adress any emails to myself regarding the York branch - [email protected] . Although I am sure that Dougal Keith (our MD) will be more than willing to help in anywhere possible, I like to rectify things at branch level wherever possible!

Thanks

Ben Redfern

Part of the Management team at D M Keith York!

• 2 months later...

D M Keith (York) Ltd (formerly Martyn Beever Skoda)

Whitehall Garage

Wigginton Road

York

Yorkshire

YO32 2RJ

01904 692921

0844 2098117

Services: New, Used, Repair

Ahead of D M Keith's review of MOT pricing, Dougal Keith, Managing Director of D M Keith Ltd has just revealed a special rate for Briskoda members:

'we will be happy to offer an MOT test for £29.95 for Briskoda members. All they need to do is ask for the BriSkoda MOT special offer price. We will run this until the end of the year 2011 by which time we will have completed the review. While it's only a £5 saving on Kwick-Fit etc. every little helps as they say."

Please be sure to make the most of this and spread the word to other Briskoda members!

Regards

Ben Redfern

Sales Manager

D M Keith Seat & Skoda York

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ben,

Any chance on a Briskoda discount on servicing/parts?

Matthew

Nice call Matt

As I've posed on the Leeds thread, DMK state that they will price match others service prices locally.

Edited by Web Ferret

Ben,

Any chance on a Briskoda discount on servicing/parts?

Matthew

Hi Matthew, Yes you will get 10% discount as a Briskoda member.

Email me with what you need or may need in the future with Briskoda member in the subject and we will get you a bit more where we can!

[email protected]

Thanks

Ben

• 9 months later...

I bought my Superb 4x4 Elegance from here at the end of July.

I'm happy with the car, but to be honest it wasn't a great sales experience as a customer. We waited around for a while for a salesman to show us the car we had come to see, and it took a bit of working out to determine that the "new" car in the showroom was actually the used car we'd come to look at.

The salesman didn't seem that knowledgeable about the Skoda range, but that's not surprising (or even really a criticism of the guy himself) since I understand that actually he normally sold the Seats on the other side of the showroom.

The whole process seemed a little disorganised, to be honest. I'd asked for it to be fitted with Citigo badges before I collected it. I kept being told that they had someone organising it, but it wasn't done before the car was collected. I was told when I picked the car up, three weeks ago, that they were still looking into it. I've not heard anything since. However, the salesman did organise Skoda roofbars for me which were in the boot ready.

I was told that the car had been switched to variable servicing for me, but this does not seem to be the case judging by the information on the MFD.

It wasn't bad enough to put me off buying a car from them again, but I'd only rate the sales experience as a 5 or 6 out of 10.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a terribly happy customer.

When I bought the car, I was promised it would be put onto variable servicing.

When I picked the car up, I was promised it had been put on variable servicing.

Yet when I arrived with it yesterday,(after 9370 miles) the same salesman told me that apparently they couldn't change the service interval in the PDI, it had to wait until the first service.

I don't like being lied to. Whichever way you cut it, I was lied to.

A common theme here is the lies that this garage tell, my parents were lied to on several different occaisons by D M Keith York so I wouldn't expect you to get very far with this. They changed my parents octi from variable to fixed (denied it) and said that the they were getting lower milage between services because they had changed their driving style! Yet their circumstances & driving style remained the same.

They also damaged a wheel when replacing a tyre & said it was done by my parents driving into a kerb, this was untrue and was shown not to be the case as the markings went in the wrong direction to be a kerb, they then said it couldn't have been their machine as it doesn't have anything that would cause the problem then later changed the story to they don't have a tyre machine so must have been another garage that my parents took it too, all their paperwork dissappeared so again we had to proove the work was done there by showing our receipt.

They have now lost my parents custom and @ 25k+ per year is not to be sniffed at as anything for the car is bought from the garage they get it serviced at.

Matthew

A common theme here is the lies that this garage tell, my parents were lied to on several different occaisons by D M Keith York so I wouldn't expect you to get very far with this. They changed my parents octi from variable to fixed (denied it) and said that the they were getting lower milage between services because they had changed their driving style! Yet their circumstances & driving style remained the same.

They also damaged a wheel when replacing a tyre & said it was done by my parents driving into a kerb, this was untrue and was shown not to be the case as the markings went in the wrong direction to be a kerb, they then said it couldn't have been their machine as it doesn't have anything that would cause the problem then later changed the story to they don't have a tyre machine so must have been another garage that my parents took it too, all their paperwork dissappeared so again we had to proove the work was done there by showing our receipt.

They have now lost my parents custom and @ 25k+ per year is not to be sniffed at as anything for the car is bought from the garage they get it serviced at.

Matthew

Where do they do their servicing now?

An indpendant garage in York, Down Bootham I think. Will try to remember tonight and I'll send accross the details.

They charged half what DM Keith wanted for an Aircon Compressor that they said was fine whilst in warranty but once out of warranty was deemed knackered!

Any chance you could pass me those details as well please , just moved to York a few days ago and I was going to go to Keith's for my servicing.

After reading some of the comments I would rather go somewhere else now.