D M Keith Ltd - Leeds.

Originally posted by ecklad - 28-10-2003, 11:41

Sales review only.. Website states that they will beat any genuine

internet price.. providing it was a UK spec car...

Went in and had two test drives, PX price offered for my Leon Cupra was not bad.. went back about a week later to thrash out a deal, armed with pricing info from a carbroker, suddenly PX

price reduces and they STILL will not commit on price...

I say I want a price by the end of the next day.. No response..

So I went to Cumbo Skoda and did the deal there!!!

So they Lost a sale on a Octavia vRS!!!!

Dazz

Originally posted by RSest - 30-10-2003, 16:53

Took a short accompanied test drive when I was deciding on the Skoda or the Forrester, wanted a longer test (co car sat in it all day long) , the guy there agreed to give me a call but never did , went to Lightcliffe Huddersfield , got a better deal , given the car for the day (only kept it for a couple of hours as this was all that was required) Lightcliffe got the sale , never been or going back to DM Keith

Matthew

Originally posted by ianstu - Sat Mar 27, 2004

Picked up my new Fabia rs from D.M Keith in Bradford. I have not had better service from any other dealer (Ford ,Honda, Nissan). Until my car developed a fault. Ive had the car 8 weeks and its been back 5 times for the same fault. I will let you guess what i think of thier quality of service.They bend over backwards to help you buy the car, as soon as you collect it, thats when the problems start.They have now fixed the fault and offered me the next service as a freebee to make up for the trouble. I would rather of had the car repaired first time than have all the hastles.

Originally posted by RichVRSEnvy - Thu Dec 2, 2004

Excellent service so far. Staff have been helpful and polite, as well as quick and efficient. Various warranty issues taken care of in good time with the minimum of fuss.

Courtesy car's on 2 occasions were both very nice. An 04 Octavia and an 04 Superb. Much better than the usual poverty spec Ford Ka's you would get elsewhere.

Staff seem genuinely interested in helping you sort out the problems you are having and are always happy to point out suggestions of how to proceed if you have an issue.

Have been dealing with DM Keith for around 2 Months and have not been disapointed yet. Would definately do business with them again.

This review is of the Leeds branch.

Originally posted by Dazza - Thu Mar 3, 2005

Leeds Branch

These guys are the pits. Firstly could not get a deal out of them, so bought my Octy from Bickertons in Sheffield (Great Service) read the handbook and got confused on Variable and fixed servicing, seeming Keiths are just down the road from home I popped in to ask them. Told that fixed was best and they and Skoda did not recommend variable!!

Secondly and just recently I wanted to trade my Octy in for a Fabia vRS. Got a trade in price from Bickertons of £7000, popped into Keith's offered me £5250 on a 1.9TDI Ambient 18 months old - 48,000mls. They said no one wants second hand Octys.

I think these guy are dreadful and to be avoided if at all possible

Originally posted by mcbunny - Thu Apr 21, 2005

went there for my 20k service in my fabia vrs. they wanted £165 for the service everyone else was quoting 190-210.

on the morning i took the car in i also asked them to fix the leak in the rear footwell and move my rear light cluster to stop it rubbing on the bumper. they did this with no questions so i was happy.

Originally posted by OCScene - Thu Apr 28, 2005

Very poor sales and after care..............I cant slate these bunch of losers enough. Ive written to Skoda head office twice about the muppets in Bradford. DO NOT GO HERE!

Lightcliffe Skoda halifax is the place to go.......they beat any deal and aftersales is spot on too.

• 6 months later...

new discs and pads fitted no argument problem solved.bit of minor dispute over insurance for loan car but soon rectified with call to my own insurers.job done same day.cant really fault service so far,maybe they moniter this site and learn from their errors

• 1 year later...

Every time I visit there's someone complaining at the service desk regarding something that's either not been done right or that has gone wrong on their car or on a recent service etc. Gives a really bad impression. Also, the parts guys are not the sharpest tools in the box.....everything seems like a lot of effort.

i agree the fellas there seem to have a lack of interest,i rang one saturday morning re: replacement indicator lens,told guy i would get there after work in the afternoon,all seemed ok untill i got there and was told parts close at 12 midday saturdays.fortunatley one of the md`s was there and he sold me the item.try talking to the women they seem to be more clued up.ps just bought the wife a 54 plate red fabia vrs,loads o fun and feels quicker than my octy around town

Tried my best to buy from these guys but just couldn't get them to sell me a car!

Approached them looking for Fabia vrs. Got a test drive but was left waiting 30 minutes after it (while on lunch from work!) and when I chased them up they said they were "running some figures" and would call me. A week later, no call. Called them 3 times and each time told I would get a call back. I went to Bickertons and did a deal on the day (see other post for how that turned out!)

DM Keith eventually called at 7:00pm on the last Friday of the month (a month later) and told me they thought they could do me a deal there and then. Sales, very poor.

The service however has been better, nothing has been too much bother. Reported a leaking door seal and within 2 days I had a couresy car and all 4 door seals were replace. Will use them again for service.

• 3 weeks later...

Dealt with them yesterday and today for warranty work. To be honest, after only dealing with Pulleyns in York before, this lot were a VAST improvement in customer service. Fast and helpul. The trouble with York is the same 2 people on the desk do everything. Service, sales, parts etc. This is why they know nothing and don't have a clue how to help you.

Leeds have specific people for service and parts etc. They did my EGR valve with only a days notice and even got me a coffee whilst I waited. Brill.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to say this garage is clueless. Managed to badly damage my car whilst it had a seat based replaced under warranty and then tried to deny all knowledge. I would not recommend this rabble to my worst enemy and as such badly put me off the brand. Spend your money here and you are making a mistake!.

• 2 months later...

Have only used them for parts so far. When asking for a part by trying to describe what I want and it's location, they seem a little confused but are happy to help and print out diagrams and figure it out eventually. I have found it easier to find out the part numbers beforehand, and ask for items by part numbers which speeds up the service a great deal. I am definitely happy to buy parts from them again.

Parking is a bit squeezed but I guess it's the same at any car dealers where space is a premium.

• 1 month later...

Shocking

I took my fabia vrs in for a ice kit fitting and bumper repaining under warr as it was flaking, took them a week to do the painting and then returned it to me with buffing compond all over and no ice,

went back to have it clean and they forgot, ice kit fitted by not tested and didnt work

Went back again to have it fitted and cleaned, still not cleaned and radio now faulty

went back again for new radio, sorted

but still not clean, they had to give me a voucher to go back, i would stay well clear of these guys if you can help it,

(not once did they apologise for the inconvience they caused me)

• 2 months later...

Booked a test drive for the Octavia 2.0 TDI during my lunch break.

Came back a week later for the appointment and the guy was busy. I was left standing in the showroom for 30min with no appology or explaination. Finally i was attended to, they suggested I book another test drive which i turned down.

I finally took my business to Bickerton Skoda in Sheffieldl who couldn't do enough.

Shame on you D M Keith Leeds, watch out for the rude little bald man on the left hand side as you go in.

• 4 weeks later...

i think dmk leeds are the best dealer by far i have been to:) the service team there are so helpfull and i got 10% off my service cost loads of offers at the mo to do with service repairs you all should give them a call and get a cost for your cars serviced :thumbup::thumbup::handshke::handshke:

• 2 months later...

I recently had my taken there after a head on when a driver collapsed at the wheel and ran into my car. The bodyshop were very quick and thorough when examining my car and the estimate for the damage was sent off to the insurers the day after the4y got the car. They also found some minor bits and pieces I had forgotten were in the car which they returned to me. The car was written off so I cannot say what the bodyshop is like from that side but the manager, Simon, I think, was very helpful and efficient. I also dealt with DM Keith at Wakefield and found there service spot on and its easier to park there!

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

My first post on the site and unfortunately it's one with a bad review.

Feb 07 I test drove the petrol Octavia VRS from the Wakefield branch of DMKeith. A brilliant car but I couldn't live with the mpg figures :eek: (coming from a Passat TDi). Arranged to drive the TDi VRS the following Saturday only to be telephoned on the Thursday and told that the head sales guy was taking it away for the weekend. Great sales technique eh? I lost interest after that, though periodically kept my eye on used prices etc. I did call in during the summer to see if they had a demo or low mileage one for sale but no luck.

Fast forward to the end of October this year. Having still kept an eye on prices and still desiring one, my car was written off. I telephoned the Leeds branch to arrange a test drive. They promised to telephone me back in half an hour to confirm things. They did but it was a different person. The first time I had spoken to a saleswoman and the second call was from the head of sales. I was again promised a call to arrange a drive. I told them I was free all week. No call. I decided I couldn't let one I'd seen on Autotrader at Bedford Skoda pass me by so I put a deposit on it. Four days after I'd asked for a test drive I still hadn't heard from them so I emailed a message to the head of the company asking why. I thought I was doing them a favour since they'd clearly lost out on a potential sale. Within a few hours Angus was on the telephone to me apologising for his sales staff.

It seems to be a common topic for DMKeith and I'm not really any wiser as to why they have such a poor pre-sales technique/attitude to customer test drives.

I'd like to add that I have been really pleased with Progress Skoda of Bedford and Letchworth.

• 4 months later...

I usually deal with DMK in Bradford. Only experience of DMK in Leeds is their body shop. Got a scrape down the rear offside quarter of my Stone (!) Grey Octy II 1.9TDi Elegance from a stone gatepost that moved while I was backing into the drive :mad:

Service was absolutely impeccable!

Contacted DMK who told me to report to my insurance company and tell them I wanted it repaired by them.

Booked the car in for the next Monday morning. When I arrived they were very busy but I only had 5 or so minute wait.

DMK contacted my insurance co (Churchill) to arrange the insurance transfer to the courtesy car - a 4000 mile old Octy Ambient 1.9TDi that had half a tank of diesel.

Asked them if they could sort out a small area of poor paintwork on the n/s rear door at the same time.

DMK liaised with Churchill to get the inspector out.

10 days later got the call to say it was ready.

Went to pick it up and can only say they had done a fantastic job - absolutely impossible to see where it was repaired. The door had been done under warranty. It was spotlessly clean inside and out - looked like new!

Just a couple of very minor negative issues:

1. They are bl00dy awful to get to from Guiseley in the rush hour! That isn't their fault but it took me 95mins to do the 15 miles or so (for those not in the area Guiseley is NW of Leeds, DMK is SE of Leeds)
  2. Not a great deal of parking and what there is, is in a very narrow strip down the side; given my recent record luckily for me the last spot was between 2 vehicles where if I had hit 'em with a 10 tonne truck at 50mph nobody would have noticed.
  3. They applied some kind of cleaner/polish to the windows and it took me ages to get the horrid smeary stuff off the windscreen.

• 1 month later...

Just one experience of DM's of Leeds when I was looking to buy a used Roomy in April this year. Parking is awful due to lots of cars crammed into a small car park. After looking at a Roomy and deciding to take it for a test drive, me and the wife were left sat in the showroom for twenty minutes because they couldn't find the keys for it. Offered me a test drive in a petrol Fabia instead when I wanted a diesel Roomy ????? Promised to phone through the week to organise a test drive but never did so I went elsewhere and bought.

my first experience buying my octavia vrs tdi with dm keith in leeds. very happy with the service from the sales team. straight forward, honest, and relaxed approach and i was left happy with the deal and given a nice bottle of booze thrown in as well.