Telfords - Carlisle

DGW

Originally posted by HongKongPhooey - Sun Feb 29, 2004

This dealer was the one the AA contacted when a coil failed on my Octy vRS. They didn't just replace the faulty one, they replaced all four, under warranty, at their suggestion, even although I didn't buy the car from them and am never likely to use them again (I live miles away).

Very good and polite service, and very helpful. The AA mechanic also sang their praises, and he has no axe to grind.

Chris

Originally posted by Steve vRS - Fri Apr 23, 2004

Brilliant promp service when I needed my coil packs changed!

I will report back after each visit!

Steve

Originally posted by Steve vRS - Fri Oct 29, 2004

Good service but they require you to insure their cars on your insuracen. My insurance co. charge £30 for this so I didn't have a car.

A nice man gave me, the wife and nipper a lift into Carlisle to do some shopping though and didn't mind us fitting the child seat to their taxi Octavia.

Steve

Originally posted by class37 - Sun Oct 2, 2005

Good fast service, nice people just a shame about the brakes bit. Lucky I changed them this weekend. When they checked the window washer they re-filled and charged me. sad.gif

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

just had my car into Telfords (Cumbria) for it's 50k service, and everything went well... took about an hour and a half, they were thorough, they noted two slow punctures in the rear tyres, topped up my brake fluid and tightened the cap (it was loose) , they also gave me the remainder of the screenwash, as my resevoir was full (no-ones done this before!) and cleaned and vacced it for me after, all in all , no problems :):thumbup:

• 3 months later...

you guys who got good service must have caught them on a good day, possibly coinciding with a blue moon lol

My dad had first class service from them for the Favorit and Felicia, but his last two fabia estates.......jeeees!

Between ignoring him in the showroom for 15 minutes, to fobbing him off over when they could service it, to the ultimate case when he ordered a Silverline Estate (waited 2 weeks, then he asked where it was "oh did you want us to order one?")... And as for a courtesy car, he asked for one when he booked the service, and he always got the "blood out of a stone" treatment....

Seems hit and miss at the mo for service. Hence he's now dealing with the garage I do, Dean's of Dumfries - they are AMAZING! Ho hum, I guess you can be lucky or unlucky hehehe

you guys who got good service must have caught them on a good day, possibly coinciding with a blue moon lol

My dad had first class service from them for the Favorit and Felicia, but his last two fabia estates.......jeeees!

Between ignoring him in the showroom for 15 minutes, to fobbing him off over when they could service it, to the ultimate case when he ordered a Silverline Estate (waited 2 weeks, then he asked where it was "oh did you want us to order one?")... And as for a courtesy car, he asked for one when he booked the service, and he always got the "blood out of a stone" treatment....

Seems hit and miss at the mo for service. Hence he's now dealing with the garage I do, Dean's of Dumfries - they are AMAZING! Ho hum, I guess you can be lucky or unlucky hehehe

how far away is dumfries from keswick? maybe I should pay them a visit!

I bought my first VRS from Dean's as I lived in Dumfries at the time, as H Bomb says great service from them, would get the VRS serviced there but cant be arsed to drive to Dumpfries!!!!

never had a problem with telfords, think theyr great, n sharkrider your suspension hasnt really fell 2 bits has it? The console arm bushes have split!! And 60k on those bushes is bloody good beleive me! Dealers have 2 shell out in the 1st place 2 replace things under warranty then they claim it back from skoda uk, if skoda uk rejects the claim then the dealer doesnt get paid so they wont replace things 4 free, how would they make money? telfords is a city dealer and out of the thousands of clients they have, some1 will b unhappy at some point, same will happen at deans at some point then youl b on ere slatting them!!

never had a problem with telfords, think theyr great, n sharkrider your suspension hasnt really fell 2 bits has it? The console arm bushes have split!! And 60k on those bushes is bloody good beleive me! Dealers have 2 shell out in the 1st place 2 replace things under warranty then they claim it back from skoda uk, if skoda uk rejects the claim then the dealer doesnt get paid so they wont replace things 4 free, how would they make money? telfords is a city dealer and out of the thousands of clients they have, some1 will b unhappy at some point, same will happen at deans at some point then youl b on ere slatting them!!

hhm one post... you work at Telfords then?! Are you on here stating that we should expect our suspention to fail at 60k, and not have it replaced under warranty?! Balls. I buy a new car every two years for business, and have NEVER had suspension need replacing while under warranty that has not been done under warranty! Skoda are unique to this in my experiance! and I quote you "And 60k on those bushes is bloody good believe me!" means they are a common fault that fails all the time, hence are not fit for the purpose for which they are designed, thus should be replaced under warranty..

I understand that telfords wont get paid if Skoda UK reject the claim, so my dispute IS with Skoda UK ,.... HOWEVER:-

: three weeks earlier my car was having it's service with the front discs and pads being replaced, and the bushes staring the relevent technition in the face, and they were ticked off as in good condition, (they should have been checked then anyway)and by skoda's own definitions, if they were wearing, they should have been replaced then (pre-60k) and three weeks later they are split?! if they failed in three weeks, that is a design fault, and they should be replaced under warranty. end of story. my other dispute with Telfords (besides obviously not picking the problem up at the 60k service), is they will only replace the WHOLE console arms, not just the bushes. there is a procedure in the binder to relace the bushes, but telfords wont. only the whole suspension arms, a suspension arm failing at 60k (Note: the bloody car IS under warranty!) is DEFFINATELY a warranty issue.

I had a seat dealer quote me £91 to replace the bushes only (they also state they would have done it under warranty if it was a ibiza FR) , but Telfords want to charge me £300 for the arms, and you say I shouldn't complain?!? you defy belief!

and to also quote you, I am not "slating" them , I am not being personal, I am stating FACTS! they didn't pick up the problem at the 60k service (when it would have been authorised by skoda under warranty) and, won't just do the bushes, the service manager told me to my face "we won't even attempt just the bushes anymore, only the whole arms"

:thumbdwn:

i dont work 4 telfords no, but i do have alot 2 do with vag group vehicles and understand y they wont replace just the bush as the ****e vw tool is pish and knackers the bush or just breaks, u keep saying ur suspension has fell 2 pieces though, it hasnt!! Its only console arm bushes, aint like ur strut has snapped in half. I aint sayin u shouldnt complain cos if i had a fabia it'd **** me right off putting bushes in it all the time, as 4 warranty side of it only thing i can suggest is gettin on the phone 2 skoda uk. Did u complain 2 telfords at the time u were in?

i dont work 4 telfords no, but i do have alot 2 do with vag group vehicles and understand y they wont replace just the bush as the ****e vw tool is pish and knackers the bush or just breaks, u keep saying ur suspension has fell 2 pieces though, it hasnt!! Its only console arm bushes, aint like ur strut has snapped in half. I aint sayin u shouldnt complain cos if i had a fabia it'd **** me right off putting bushes in it all the time, as 4 warranty side of it only thing i can suggest is gettin on the phone 2 skoda uk. Did u complain 2 telfords at the time u were in?

I did, but they were stoney with the "it's nothing to do with us, if skoda UK says no to warranty work , that's the end of it..." so I took it up with customer services, and the last communication I had was an e-mail saying, "I'm just gathering all the information, and will get back to you...." still waiting to hear from them...

I understand when you say it's not falling apart, and I agree with you in the respect that it's still perfectly drivable , safe, and still handles tightly, but my definition of suspension falling apart, is it requireing a £300 repair which involves replacing suspention arms.... but if a £300 repair , replacing suspension arms is required when the car is under warranty, then it should be done under warranty.... a "consumable" part would be something that should wear at a set ammount, like brakes/tyres/exhaust ect.... these are the types of example given in Skoda's own warranty blurb.

I wouldn't be bothered if replacing worn bushes was as cheap as it sounds, but £300 for new arms is too much...

I'll keep the threads updated as things transpire, but If they don't get a move on, I'll be getting rid of the car, and switching to another mark!

appreciate you input though, your knowledge seems to state that this is a weak part of the suspention, if VAG know this, they should 're-design' or replace, not try and wriggle out!

• 1 month later...

Im onto my fifth Skoda from Telfords:-

y reg octavia 1.9tdi elegance

03 reg octavia VRs estate & 05 Fabia VRs (mine & wifes)

now (last month) 54 reg octavia 2 2.0 140 elegance & 56 Fabia VRs (mine & wifes)

Always dealt with Julie on sales (excellent). Only had one problem which was on the 54 octavia on the first day of ownership (second hand car) when the rear wiper ceased and took out a couple of fuses including the fuel pump. car failed and Telfords arranged AA within 40 mins and the car was immediately sorted.

I could not fault them...and no I don't work in the motor trade, I run a business centre.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my Fabia VRS (2004, 48k miles) from them at the end of december and the suspension is making a really bad creaking noise. I'll give them a chance to put it right but if they won't do it under warrenty is it worth getting the bushes replaced with the seat ones?

• 2 months later...

Just had my 60,000 service and timing belt done at Telfords. All in all a good job done, but not enough time to fix all of the niggles. Biggest problem I had was that the service book was left incomplete and filled out incorrectly. They ticked NO for the toothed belt replacement and forgot to tick anything for the brake fluid, the main thing they missed was the stamp, doh! Still have a failed rear number plate light though :(, they say they changed a bulb and a fuse, so problem must be in the wiring loom.

Also got a slat missing from one of my vents, got a quote of £95! Dealers I guess!

Not perfect service from them I'm afraid to say, will go elsewhere in future.

• 1 month later...

Just had a 37000 service at this dealer. Cant fault them, even booked the car back in to have the console bushes replaced under warranty...and sort out a few other niggles.....cruise control again....heater motor flaps...1st class service:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Just to update this thread on telfords skoda.

Since I bought my vrs I have taken it to them for its services with it still being under warrenty but even if it wasnt I would take it to them anyways.

The door open sensor failed on the drivers side door catch a few months back and they replaced it straight away no problems,

It was in for its end or warrenty check last week and a couple of things needed doing one of them being the front console bushes, I said I had some uprated cupra ones and some powerflex ones ready to fit and they fitted them no problem under warrenty free of charge, dropped the car off in the morning and it was ready by the end of the day.

All in I couldnt recommend them enough, very helpfull, efficient and an excellent standard of work and if anything needs doing they ask before going ahead with it unlike some dealers who do it anyways then give you the huge bill at the end !!!

:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

http://www.briskoda....ce-skoda/57615/

Not impressed at all. :thumbdwn:

read this thread! very poor service,

http://www.briskoda....ed-miles/68486/

I see some things do not change:

It took Telfords 25 weeks to supply a missing item from a car they supplied (which happens to be as long as the car took to arrive)

I dare say I would still of been waiting for it now (and still getting more lies about it being: no longer included in the std spec / discontinued / etc) if it had not been for Skoda UK's intervention!

• 2 months later...

I would never use these cowboys! Had lots of problems with them over my last skoda octavia so my current one goes to either Dumfries or Workington. none of my family will go there either.

I was speaking to a chap with whom I work with who went in to order a vrs octavia estate and he said they looked down at him as though he was below them (which I have every reason to believe as they have done this to me) so he left and ordered it from near Glasgow, there loss as they lost out on a cash sale.