Macclesfield

Cheshire

SK11 0TB

01625 506500

Services: Repair only

Edited by DGW
Change of services offered.

Originally posted by Fatbloke - Mon Dec 8, 2004

Have been and still are a Vauxhall dealer and have tagged a Skoda dealership on the side. They carry out their business in a traditional Vauxhall way (the new Skoda way?)

Went to see them a few weeks ago with a number of unusual faults. Number plate light bulb holder hanging loose in the number plate light/bumper release housing causing it blow bulbs prematurely but when you come to replace the bulb according to the manual the bulb holder pops into the boot lid requiring removal of the interior trim to retrieve it. They inspected this and charged me for the time saying that is how it should be and therefore their time is not warranty time! I also arranged a lift to work after dropping off my car and they kept me waiting for half an hour. The service manager was also quite unpleasant to deal with.

Update.

After some discussion with Skoda UK was invited back to have a chat with the mechanic but by this time I had investigated the job myself and found that the bulb holder had been forced into place by the mechanic leaving it impossible to change the bulb. The problem was the plastic moulding was lumpy and uneven and the holder could not slip home. After a few minutes with a needle file it was perfect and I was left wishing I had never taken it to the dealer and had diagnosed and fixed it myself in the first place

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Went to visit Grasmere (Sylk) Skoda to try to do a deal on a used Octy II that they were advertising on the Skoda UK web-site for what seemed like a good price.

Not impressed at all with the salesman, who wasn't interested in doing a deal until they had the car in (apparently due the following day) even though I was in a position to buy.

Promised to ring me back the next day when it arrived, but thats over a week ago and I've heard nothing since. Within hours of my visit the price as shown on the Skoda web-site had gone up by over

• 2 months later...

This is my local dealer, I agree about the comments regarding the salespeople, they're not the friendliest. Neither is there always someone around!!!

Compared to the VW garage next door that I used to go to with my Passat, Grasmere is a sad comedown. But, it's far closer than any other Skoda garage so unless I particularly annoyed, I'll stay with them!

• 1 month later...

I shall eat my previous words, since getting my Octy they appear to have come along quite a bit. Even got a Chrimbo card off them. :D

By the way, if anyone is visiting them on a weekday, give me a shout the day before as I literally work 100 yards away - mini meet time.:)

Bought my car (otavia ambiente 1.6 fsi) from here. Got it just before year end and got a really good deal. No need to haggle or anything. They were keen to sell so they could make their targets. Luckily I had a chance to test drive an octavia on my own as the salesman was busy. Gave me a chance to drive it without the usual sales blurb.

Car has been great. No trouble at all.

Had it serviced at in the same place - now grassmere. No problems

• 1 month later...

Just got a Roomster from them. Read the recent comments on them and I agree about the first class service. Obviously they've come on a shed load since the previous owners. Got a great deal, and felt at ease at all times. Had to pop back a couple of days later to ask about something under the bonnet and....... .hey the technician talks to you in language that I understood!! amazing. If they keep this up theres no way I'm going back to Manchester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Grasmere Skoda - Parts by Post

Thumbs up for Grasmere Skoda!

Skoda parts by post.

Helpful, understanding and quick postal delivery.

Thank you

Satin Grey Metalic Octavia 4x4 1.9

Bude, Cornwall

report.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I recently ordered a dog guard, mats and bootliner from Grasmere. When they arrived, the packaging on the dog guard was broken and it was obvious that some screws and the fixing instructions were missing. I phoned Bev at Grasmere and she could not have been more helpful. She ordered another dog guard and sent the missing bits to me. She phoned me several times to let me know what was going on, and was incredibly apologetic (even though it was the courier company's fault, not Grasmere's).

I would not hesitate to use Grasmere for mail order parts again - first class customer service and good prices.:thumbup:

Eleanor

• 3 months later...

This is where I got my new Skoda from and I was impressed with the service and attention I got from the sales staff. I wouldn't really have expected anything else from a VW/Audi Group dealership as they seem to put quite a bit of effort into getting their dealerships working professionally - unlike some Ford and particulalry Fiat / Alfa dealerships (this is one reason Alfa have not had the market penertration they had hoped for - the dealers can be rubbish).

Due to a delay in getting my new car taxed and registered they lent me the vRS TDi estate demonstrator for a week and when they needed that back for a demo drive, they lent me a top spec Superb. So I really can't fault them.

Haven't needed a service yet, so that side of the dealership is unknown, but I did order something from parts and they were friendly and professional also.

The salesman Julian was most helpful when I was looking to buy my vRS recently. Arranged test drive no problem, kept in regular contact. suggested and researched possible second hand stock vRS models.

Only reason for not buying from here was I got a great deal elsewhere they could not get close to ( but far closer than Horners Manchester ).

• 4 months later...

Don't trust their online ordering system. I ordered an accessory for my Fabia nearly three months ago which has not yet arrived. I have attempted to contact them several times, and they have not bothered to reply to me. I am now getting trading standards involved, as they've taken my money and not supplied my goods.

• 2 months later...

After they eventually resolved my problem (above), I thought I'd give them a chance to redeem themselves, and ordered a part from them last week.

Customer service has again been horrific. Not returning my calls, they give the impression they'd prefer not to have the business.

Suits me. I'd rather drive to the Czech Republic and pick up parts myself than trust these charlatans with my hard-earned cash again.

• 2 weeks later...

Past few comments are interesting. I went into my local Dealer and to say they were not much help is an understatement. I like ordering via the internet, it means I can do it at night, and getting into my local dealer is difficult because of the hours I work. I use their on-line site because no one else does it, and I have never had any problems with them.

• 3 months later...

Bought my Fabia SE from Grasmere last year and have since had the stutter fix and 10k service done at the dealership.

Customer service has always been good to excellent. (everything completed when they said it would be, free curtesy cars*, callls to check how I was getting on etc etc).

* for my 10k service they'd run out of curtesy cars, so I had the Manager's 08 Octavia vrs for the day... nothing says test drive better than the cat and fiddle :D.

• 1 year later...

Sadly, this dealership has lost its new car franchise, but will continue as an authorised repairer according to a letter I received today from Skoda.

Although I'm pleased that they will continue with servicing, somehow I can't see that lasting forever and as the wife is looking at a Yeti as her next car later in the year, we may end up having to travel into Manchester in the future for aftersales care.

It leaves Skoda coverage in the South Manchester area at zero, with the nearest dealers being either Eccles, Salford, Crewe or Newcastle Under Lyme.

Does anyone know if a new franchise will open up in the area?

• 6 months later...

We used to use Macclesfield (and had only praise for them)....we've since started using the Crewe dealer (Robert Eardley) - seem a very good bunch.....I had some conversations with Grasmere and got the distinct impression they were just a Vauxhall dealer 'doing their best'....

• 3 months later...

Hi All

My warrenty has just run out, and have used Grasmere for all of my servicing etc for the last three years. Up untill losing the Skoda Sale Franchise, I had nothing but praise for them. Since losing it, I've been distinctly unimpressed with the standard of service. Now the warrenty is up I'll be using my local mechanic for any work required.

• 1 month later...

bit of an update when i phoned earler in the week I was told grasmere had gone into liquidation 2 weeks ago and they are now only a vauxhall dealer.

also checked skoda's webaite and they are no longer listed