Simpsons - Colne

DGW

Picked up my nearly new Superb 170 DSG Elegance estate from Simpsons recently, top support and help. Vickin (new to sales apparently) knew her stuff, plenty of help and advice, all in all a good show. Hope service lives up to expectations!

• 1 month later...

My experience:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/255554-skoda-managerceo-email-address/

Well i got my final reply from the franchise owner and they aren't prepared to do anything, even going as much to say that they wouldn't release a vehicle in the condition described even though i have sent photographs and had an estimate from another Skoda approved bodywork shop.

The dealership was very good when trying to sell me the car, however, the first time i have asked for assistance they refuse point blank. I appreciate they have offered to look at the car for me, but only under their conditions ie return on a Friday only, leave the car with them for the day and they will not assist with fuel costs which is a 6 hour total journey to them and back. I was willing to do this on a weekend as work will not allow me time off during the week as we are very busy at the minute.

To say i am disappointed is an understatement, this is the first time i went for Skoda as they made it sound very appealing - i will be looking to sell the car asap and go back to my trusted Ford Mondeo. I cannot recommend Skoda, especially the dealership:

Simpsons Skoda Colne

Boundary Garage

Burnley Road

Colne

Lancashire

United Kingdom

BB8 8LF

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I bought my 2006 fabia from them in sept 2011. polite saleman good deal all good... couple of nigles. I ordered leather after saying the car would be done before i pick it up it hadnt been done. then took them a further month and sevral phonecalls and emails later they got sorted after a load of S***t fed to me about waiting for the leather as they had seat surgions do it. Also had a smart repair which they said to me 'oh that scuff will be done when you pick the car up.' Yes it was, 8 month later the laquer started to peel. i took it back as the car came with a special offer as a 2year warranty (also another reason i took the deal) i got.. ' Well you would expect that as it is a 6 year old car' But its an 8 month old repair? i said. as its 40 miles away from my house i really couldnt be botherd with the hassle. And as im a painter sorted it my self. Will NOT be using them again. Took my money wanted nothing else to do with me after that. I dont treat any of my customers like that, treat a customer how you would like to be treated.

I picked my Skoda citigo up yesterday from Vikki and found the service brillant. This is my first ever car and Vikki made sure I was suited with it. Id recommend Simpsons to anyone and having wokred in motor trade I know many sales people who turn away customers in jeans and hoodys but Vikki made me feel at home and ensured I got my car before we promised as she wanted me to have it for my Birthday. Nothing but smiles and plenty of handshakes and free coffee and this is what I like about Simpsons. I could even joke with the staff about certain things and everyone made me feel at home. Lets hope when its service time next year everything is still 100% :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

SIMPSONS COLNE

Well, search over! The right spec VRS is now in my possession thanks to Steve at Simpsons Colne branch.

I’d been looking for a couple of months and considered a Blackline as well as many others in various guises from new to 10 months old. Most of the dealers were helpful and followed up from visits to see if they could finalise a deal. This is my second FL Octavia VRS Estate after having previous one nearly 3 years and racking up 93k.

Got on with Steve as soon as I walked through the door and took the present VRS out for a quick drive to satisfy sticking with a manual and get a feel of the factory lowering kit.

Decision made! :)

There were a few issues my side that protracted the process a little more than should have and pleased to say Simpsons handled it brilliantly!

I believe in giving praise when its due and can say unequivocally these guys understand the meaning of customer satisfaction. Car sitting on drive looking the part and happy the man!

simpsons1_zpse5e8ac3e.jpg

Stephen Whalley of Simpsons Colne standing next to my new motor! Bloomin chucking it down too!

sim2_zps7756e4a4.jpg

Old and new. The lowering kit is subtle but you can see a difference.

Quality outfit and cant recommend them enough! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had dealings with Simpsons buying the Fabia 7 years ago and received excellant service, had excellant service with the Octy (bought ellsewhere) 5 years ago and I am pleased to report that I have once again received exemplary service buying a new Octy today. Only teething problems where delayed delivery (due to storms in Germany causing a backlog of cars at Emden) but Simpsons kept me informed throughout. Car delivered with correct spec, (for once SKODA!) 1/4 tank of fuel and taxed for the extra week. Top Job.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Bought my 2.0 4x4 yeti from them at the beginning of May this year. No problems at all, bought it on a saturday Picked it up Tues 4pm. Nothing too much trouble. I live 27 miles away but chose Simpsons because they had a better choice of Yetis.

Little bit of history:

Dealer principle, Neil Simpson, is a former top level rally driver in the old Peugeot Challenge (205 era from the early 90's), when the family dealership was still a Peugeot franchise. Neil came into close contact with VAG after earning a contract / professional drive with VW, where he acheived phenominal success with a diesel powered Golf, entered in the British Rally Championship by VAG UK. Best result from memory being a third overall on the Manx International one year (in a diesel remember - against much more powerful opposition). many more regular top 5 results. VW were using motorsport at the time as a test bed for their diesel technology and training for their engineers to try differing develpment paths. Neil also did a lot of test driving for them. One consequence of which was the family franchise switching to Skoda.

More recently, Neil was a key member of the UK dealer marketing forum responsible for commissioning the Fabia "cake" advertising. Among other things......

Must make a trip over to Colne, now I'm a part of the Yeti family.

I have had two brand new Skodas from Simpsons Preston bought from Chris Barnes overall a good experience but the most impressive thing about them and i dont want thiis to sound sexist was the vehicles any problems and how to fix them knowledge, that the female service desk staff had with regard to the product they were selling, this company is on the ball with regard to how to treat its customers,whilst still retaining the edge in selling a lot of vehicles having said that i suppose one comes with the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this elsewhere, but thought it was relevant here really.

I've had two good experiences at Simpsons recently. Firstly, when taking the current beast to be serviced I was warmly welcomed, offered a coffee whilst I waited and was complimented on how my car had been maintained / subtlety modified.

I then went back last Saturday to check out their new Octavia vRS demonstrator. Again, I was warmly received by the sales manager. Another member of the sales staff knew me (recognised my car) and after dragging up my details from my reg, was aware that I'd called earlier in the week to discuss a potential test-drive ("oh no, not that busy body from the forums!"). It was a nice touch and they were a friendly and honest bunch too, as Ryan is whenever I call/call-in.

I bought my car from Simpsons from new 5 years ago and haven't got anything but praise for the outfit in that time.

• 2 months later...

Wife just changed  cars:

Mk2 Octavia greenline est, changed for Mk3 Octavia Est

Sale by Stephen Whalley.

Verdict Well done Stephen, you treated us well. She is well happy with it.

• 4 months later...

Took my Yeti up to Colne from Stockport last week to get the non functioning heated rear screen looked at (one day out of warranty when I noticed it!). They were recommended by a mate who runs a garage in Hadfield as being top notch. Although it's about a 100 mile round trip for me it was well worth the effort. Very friendly and efficient, car was cleaned and various things were pointed out to me, some of which I was aware of (such as brake fluid change would be recommended at next scheduled service), some I wasn't (like my rear wiper blade was starting to split).

Final bill was very, very reasonable and they were much more friendly than my local dealer (perhaps the difference between being a dedicated Skoda dealer rather than a joint franchise with another manufacturer?).

The only mistake was that they left the cap off the brake fluid reservoir after they had tested the fluid but the Yeti told me before I set off or any damage was done.

I will definately be going back

• 2 months later...

Well, I have been back today for the second variable service and they were just as good as they were at the first visit. Got a warm welcome on arrival, paperwork was ready so I was booked in quickly and I went off to nearby Asda for a bacon sandwich. When I got back I was offered a coffee and sat in their customer waiting area watching the TV and looking through the window into the service bay to watch my Yeti being worked on. Service, brake fluid change and Haldex oil change all completed while I waited. When going through the paperwork for the work completed with their staff later, they pointed out an advisory that an aircon re-gas was recommended every 2 years. As soon as I said I would have liked it done they took it straight back into the workshop and did the work for me - excellent service.

Friendly staff, work completed on time, care taken of my Yeti, additional work fitted in straight away so as not to inconvenience me and the pricing was transparent and very competitive. Car was returned washed and vac'd. I would wholeheartedly recommend them. I will certainly be going back again despite the distance involved in travelling to them.

• 2 months later...

Wouldn't touch this dealer with a barge pole. I will never visit them again and highly recommend that you find another dealer to service your vehicle.

Overpriced, underskilled and arrogant.

Very poor knowledge of the MQB platform and waste your time booking your car in for warranty work then calling you to pick it up. Off you go to pick it up and all they have done all day is wash your car as the factory wouldn't authorise the work. Mmmm - didn't have the balls to mention that when calling to say it is ready to pick up Mr Phil 'Lack of Service Manager' Wadsworth???? Why? Because Simspons decided to try and troubleshoot a problem that didn't exist rather than the actual problem due to a lack of knowledge. Extremely poor service.

And to top it all, the warranty work was only needed because they didn't complete a previous warranty repair correctly. And, the fault the car went in for had existed previously, and been fixed successfully by Simpsons (eventually) by performing exactly the same work as they failed to get authorised this time round???? But apparently I am wrong, obviously the factory where wrong last time to authorise the work, and Phil knows best despite him not knowing what an OTA DAB logo is.

And they have damaged an alloy in the process. Muppets.

I should have known better after they gave Evil Myagi his Fabia vRS back to him without any oil in it at all after it had been in to diagnose high oil consumption! You can't make this stuff up!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have worked at Simpsons for the past 2 years and find it to be a brilliant company.. Recently had a big change around in staff to the after sales which has again increased the quality of work we achieve..

I would recommend us to anyone as we are efficient fast and have a high first time fix rate..

All in all a brilliant company and would advise you fetch your car here..

Hi,

I have worked at Simpsons for the past 2 years and find it to be a brilliant company.. Recently had a big change around in staff to the after sales which has again increased the quality of work we achieve..

I would recommend us to anyone as we are efficient fast and have a high first time fix rate..

All in all a brilliant company and would advise you fetch your car here..

You needed to have a change in your service dept staff.

The Columbus you diagnosed as being up to date and that technical would not approve an update for was diagnosed at another dealer as no where near up to date and technical authorised the update straight away.

So I was lied to basically, as there wasn't a record of you asking technical to authorise an update.

And the update fixed the DAB logo issue as I knew it would as it is well documented.

All I can say due to the way I was treated I collected my brand new L&K from another dealer 2 days ago, so you have lost a customer for life.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This was the first dealer to provide me with assurance that they'd fix the misfire on my car that it only developed after Skoda had performed work (stage 2 rebuild). They couldn't find the problem and washed their hands of it. Whether this says anything about their capability, I don't know, but it says a lot about customer service in general from the Skoda Group (Skoda UK included). I found them pleasant enough to deal with but at the end of day have no faith in them.

• Like 1

Made a phone call to Coln Simpsons about the Yeti lease deals on the web. The guy was arrogant and unhelpful. Claiming yeti L&K were rare and hard to get. He said he may be able to get a Yeti in to test drive.

They weren't interested in our Fabia MC estates either to the point of don't bother!

So we didn't make the trip and got settled at Lincoln who matched their deal and sorted the Montes. Very slow to do the deal but at least accommodating.

Simpsons Preston were good on the phone though.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Edited by rone

Recently took my Fabia Mk2 vrs in for its second service. They picked up a leak that was filling the spare wheel space. Car is currently staying with them while they investigate the issue and I didn't have any problems keeping the courtesy car that I was only using while they serviced the car.

Will edit this post when the car is handed back.

Dave

Recently took my Fabia Mk2 vrs in for its second service. They picked up a leak that was filling the spare wheel space. Car is currently staying with them while they investigate the issue and I didn't have any problems keeping the courtesy car that I was only using while they serviced the car.

Will edit this post when the car is handed back.

Dave

Still waiting to get my car back. First I was told 'Friday' (the one after the above post date) then Tuesday just gone, then Wednesday (yesterday). I called them on Tuesday to be told the part still isn't in the shop. The service guy said they would call me back tomorrow (Wednesday) and that never happened. I'm starting to get very frustrated by these as I want my own car back. Starting to feel very let down by the lack of communication I am receiving from Simpsons Colne!!

Still waiting to get my car back. First I was told 'Friday' (the one after the above post date) then Tuesday just gone, then Wednesday (yesterday). I called them on Tuesday to be told the part still isn't in the shop. The service guy said they would call me back tomorrow (Wednesday) and that never happened. I'm starting to get very frustrated by these as I want my own car back. Starting to feel very let down by the lack of communication I am receiving from Simpsons Colne!!

Oh dear, this matches my story this week.

On Friday told it will be ready Tuesday. No call no car.

I rang Wednesday. "Should be ready today". No call no car.

No call today (Thursday).

I've decided not to ring them to chase to see how long they can leave it.

They were a different place last year. Noticed service staff were different last time.

I have a Fabia DSG temp car from them so at least I have wheels. But complete lack of customer updates is like going back in time!

Edited by WookieeM
  • Like 1

Oh dear, this matches my story this week.

On Friday told it will be ready Tuesday. No call no car.

I rang Wednesday. "Should be ready today". No call no car.

No call today (Thursday).

I've decided not to ring them to chase to see how long they can leave it.

They were a different place last year. Noticed service staff were different last time.

I have a Fabia DSG temp car from them so at least I have wheels. But complete lack of customer updates is like going back in time!

I have my car back now, after calling them this morning. The service manager has seen my post on here and has called me today to discuss the communication issue I've had. So I'm not going to comment more on my experience until I discuss it in more detail with him, and I'll be 100% honest when I do leave feedback on here.

They do read the posts - As the service manager made me aware (which is a good thing). There's no option of a feedback form offered so we have to come here in hope that people who work for skoda read our experiences and work on them.

It's my first time dealing direct with skoda as I have only dealt with perrys in the past (both Burnley & Colne perrys are awful) and the Colne one is where I bought my fabia vrs 1 back in 2011. I didn't buy my Fabia from Skoda as I go a very good deal from Evans Halshaw (who tried ripping me off on the finance) but the deal was too good to walk away from when I got a very low interest loan from the bank. Otherwise I would of headed over to Simpsons Colne as I wanted to stay loyal to the skoda brand.

I'm guessing you went to Simpsons Colne?

Yes it's with them. I wondered if they read the forum.

I wasn't going to post until I saw your note, if it's a pattern it needs sorting. Starting with us showing what's wrong - That's part of what the forum is for in my book.

It's an easy fix, calling people. Then they'll be great again!

• Like 1

Update...

I left it all day (which was a challenge) and Simpsons rang today (approx 3.30) Yippee.

Car is ready and we can bring it to you.

I asked if I could call in tomorrow to collect and speak to someone regarding the work done on the car. Certainly I'll extend the loan car for another day.

Much better service, and they called me. OK a bit late from Wednesday.

See what the chat is like tomorrow but they are starting to redeem themselves.

• Like 1