Alex Lawrie - Liverpool..

DGW

Top dealer.

Had my fabia serviced with them 3 times (30K). Each service priced around £160. On the last service they noticed a few problems (cv joint leaking, worn ARB bushes, broken rear wiper and a broken door lock pin.) All parts orderd and fixed under warranty even knowing about the mods on my car.

Also willing to help when you just turn up in there door with a problem. Mine was a sump guard half hanging off (don't ask why). A quick inspection prove no damge to underneath of car and guard refitted.

Originally posted by TIMVRS - Sun Feb 8, 2004

Great team of guys from Alex through to the guys that claean and valet my car everytime i go in there.

Excellent way to run a dealership;.

Top Marks lads.

Originally posted by faboka vrs - Sat May 8, 2004

The same as what Tim says.

Great people, quick service, tell you whats going on and don't fob you off. Even clean your car when they finished with it.

Originally posted by craigwood - Thu Jan 13, 2005

what a top bunch of guys

hit a object in the road today and wiped my sump out. phoned them up at 9 am aa recovered the car to them @ 1pm from wrexham i went over to liverpool @5pm car was fixed wash and hoovered ready for me to collect what more could you ask for from a dealer.

Originally posted by tonystop - Wed Feb 9, 2005

Quite often with car dealers once you have parted with your hard earned cash no after sales interest is shown. Here it is quite the opposite. Excellent dealer, customer service is just top notch. Well done! Would not hesitate to buy again or recommend them to anyone.

When something goes wrong they are genuinely concerned and the back up warranty work is completed in the minimum of fuss.

• 5 months later...

Been a ford man for the last 6 years (man and boy) took the plunge with these guys and they are a top bunch of people and very helpfull, even to fools like me. Allan was the guy who sold me, when I say sold I just turned up with my 6 year old son, asked for a test drive, my 6 year old has never been so exited in his life. We got back in the focus and both couldnt stop taking about how fast that car was amd how slow ours was. next day went to Ford dealer they were great but they just didnt give up teh vibe plus K got uspest, so we have a new member of teh family now and weve never been soo happy lol. Not only did he get a fast car but free cappichinos so i took him there instead of Mcdonals. LOL

See these people and you wont be dissapointed, even offered to put a quid towards a toy skoda car, but my son on went all shy coz he didnt want to say no, he told me outside he had the real thing now lol cool place could recomend enough

• 6 months later...

I used Alex Lawrie several times when I lived near Liverpool, after a rather unpleasant experience with another local dealer.

I can only say that they were very good indeed. Friendly, honest (or seemed to be ...!) and helpful.

They even sponsored me on the Briskoda trackday at Bruntingthorpe :thumbup:

As far as I know, there's still a framed piccy of my car, gracing the wall next to the coffee machine, in the showroom :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got off to a bad start when I ordered my Vrs Ltd edition back in Feb.

Was told I could have 0% finance and have an aftermarket sunroof fitted at a company they deal with. put deposit down and was then told a few weeks later that 0% wasn't available and also they couldn't fit the sunroof even though I had paid the deposit and the sunroof was included in the purchase price!

After a few stern discussions with Ahmed the sales manager and Alex lawrie himself, they offered me a free 1st service and a begrudging apology for the cancelled 0% finance.

I just hope all goes well if there are any probs with the car but time will tell...............

• 2 months later...

My brother bought his Furby VRS from here... I'm driving it now.

Top guys; very professional and car always gleaming when it comes out from a service.

If you're thinking of buying a new car from here, ask for Barrie - he knows his stuff.

Top marks fella's

Just spotted this and can confirm that they so seem to be very good as have just bought an Octy 4x4 from them!... The salesman (Dave) even brought it over to Sheffield for us to have a test drive. Ok he was visiting his girlfriend here but even so in my mind that is above and beyond the call of duty. Far better than any of our local sales staff!

• 1 month later...

Dave is my bro! :D

Just bought my Fabia vRS from here (betrayed my bro who was on holiday!) and bought it off Tony! Nice guy - he didn't really give me much choice in terms of buying the car - he knew that I knew I wanted it, it was just that I didn't quite know it and he made out like he didn't know. But really, we both knew. Everybody knew. Or something.

So - I got there, parked my ****e 1.4 Focus in a bay, went for a spin in the Furby, gave it a bit of turbo boost and then when we pulled back into the car park, he got started on the paperwork! He is a funny guy and even went as far as explaining that if I was partial to a 'sneaky Mars Bar', then the little cubby hole under the steering wheel would keep it chilled for me! I was gutted to have to get back in my Focus to be honest. Haven't had any problems and would recommend these guys to anyone.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a 56 Reg 2007 Octavia 1.9Tdi from them a couple of weeks ago, and after 11 years of buying Fords and being treated by Ford dealers as thought I was getting in their way, I was very impressed with the level of service, attitude towards selling cars, the deal we came to with my part ex, and the willingness to go out of their way to help. Thanks to Mark, Alex and the rest of the team for a very happy new Skoda driver!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just had a 40k service, cambelt and waterpump done on the vRS at a cost of £700 including brake fluid change and a couple of little bits and pieces that they found to be necessary.

Friendly, helpful and professional bunch overall, though they didn't manage to locate the source of a slight oily smell in the cabin when in traffic (which I think will probably be the breather pipe after reading up on here..)

Overall though :thumbup:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an "Oil" Service on the Roomster this week at Alex Lawrie. Excellent service as usual from Tony and the service team. The car was also washed, hoovered and the bill explained, total cost was £110 including VAT. This included 1 litre of top up oil, a small tin of spray grease ( left over from them lubing the hinges) and a litre of screen wash (all secured in the boot.)

I can't praise the service guys highly enough, in fact I am having cruise retro-fitted and was offered a discount on labour rates (it's a sizeable job on the Roomster) and this has priced it to a level where it's not worth me getting my own hands dirty to do the retrofit myself.

First class service, and superb value, thank you.

Edited by Fluffmeister
wibble

• 3 weeks later...

I had the Octavia serviced on Monday.

They were very accommodating with the booking date (even benefiting from a discount that I think was only available till end of March)

The courtesy car is free (unlike other dealers) provided you have proof of fully comp insurance, and top up before you return it.

They asked what niggles I had with the car to look into them.

Altogether, a recommended dealer. Shame they are not nearer me, but I'd happily use them again.