Valley Services (Llandyssul) Ltd - Llandyssul

DGW

Originally posted by bobwillcox - Wed Oct 13, 2004

Fabia sdi classic estate. New 2001. Bought used 2004. 35000 miles. As new, fully serviced with 12 months MOT + MG/Rover 12 months assurance incl new parts at next MOT. Radio soon failed but dealer has promised a new replacement

Originally posted by mrjones - Sun Apr 24, 2005

Popped in when passing, due to horn working intermittently. They had a quick look and then ordered a new part under warranty since I'd only had the car for a couple of weeks. Went in the following week, right box had arrived but wrong part in the box. (Not their fault). Went back following week, sorted.

They also checked and then replaced the fuel pump bolts as per the recall earlier on this year.

Good service, nice people.

Ian

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

This is useful to me because I bought my car - an MG ZT-T - in Dec 2005 from Valley. I am wondering whether people have used them for both MGRover and Skoda and whether they notice any difference in servicing standards, custoemr care etc between the three Marques?

From my experience, I don't find the srvicing dept all that good with regard to the ZT-T, which will, obviously, go towards influencing my decision on the next car I buy. I HAD considered an Octavia vRS, but am worried about how keen and enthusiastic the servicing dept are. Should I trust them with a new car in future as they couldn't seem to sort out the couple of small niggles I had.

Neither do they valet the car - I am worried that, if I ask, they will charge me extra for it!

Byron, in the showroom, is keen, friendly and enthusiastic, but his attitude doesn't seem to permeate through the rest of the establishment.

Maybe, with the collapse of MGRover, dealers are less sympathetic to them(?) But, eventually, owners of MGRover cars will be looking to replace them and, if a dealer is somewhat 'off-hand', the owner is less likely to consider that dealer for their next car.

Maybe they just don't like the look of me?

What do others think?

Sorry if my first post has been a rant!

Hello all, by the way!

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

My local dealer. Great as they make you feel like you're their only customer. Excellent service!

I'd agree with that! They go the extra mile. Byron is very customer focussed, couldn't have been more helpful to my Dad when he wanted a Skoda but wasn't sure which ... so we test drove everything including Byron's wife's car!

Martin (sales) is lovely and not at all pushy, have pxed and bought from them and wouldn't go elsewhere, good trade in prices (better than nearest rivals.

Great service department, good diagnostics, helpful advice.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

They've long since lost the Skoda franchise although their Skoda sales page is still live at http://valleyservices.co.uk/showroom.htm showing older versions of the current range.

Most of the garage is up for sale for £545,000 http://www.dai-lewis.co.uk/property-for-sale/view/1062-commercial-property-for-sale/#details.

This doesn't include the large, covered second hand display on the other side of the road - perhaps that has been/ will be developed separately?