Amundsen Sat Nav Map Update Not Recognised

Hi

Just tried updating the maps on my Octavia Amundsen Sat Nav.  I've downloaded the .ZIP file and then extracted it on to a new SD Card.  Problem is that the SD Card is not being recognised when I plug it in place of the existing navigation SD Card that came with the Octavia.  I have tried several SD cards without success.  The file structure on the new cards after unzipping looks the same as the working SD card that came with the CAR.I am reluctant to overwrite the existing card unless as I could be left with no working Sat Nav!  The Car is a 2014 model.

You have to use the genuine skoda sd card, other ones won't work.

Just make a copy/backup of it before formatting and writing the new files to it, then if everything goes wrong you can just restore it.

Edited by Alex1980

Yes using the original Skoda SD card seems to have resolved the problem.  Many Thanks

Once thing I noticed is that the old maps had a folder(s) called 'vde' and the new maps don't.  Any ideas what this might be?

Yes using the original Skoda SD card seems to have resolved the problem. Many Thanks

Once thing I noticed is that the old maps had a folder(s) called 'vde' and the new maps don't. Any ideas what this might be?

You may find that sat nav voice commands no longer work - not that they ever worked sucessfully in the first place anyway.

Re the voice commands they sort of work with and without the VDE folder.  I say sort of work as they seem very hard to get to work. Must admit I probably need to read the manual on this.

Re the voice commands they sort of work with and without the VDE folder.  I say sort of work as they seem very hard to get to work. Must admit I probably need to read the manual on this.

Try navigating somewhere using voice control alone and see what happens.