Now I cannot remove the backseat?

Thomas2506

When my wife put the right-hand backseat back in, she didn't make sure the locking levers (the red ones) were in place. Now the set is only attached by the left hook at the rear of the seat, and I cannot get the d%&n thing to let go. Has anybody had a similar problem? Is there a tool or trick to getting the seat out?

Have you tried going in from Boot  Access, & folding Rear's Down Flat, then searching for Levers,

between Seats & Boot and pull those Levers.

Locked 1 of mine up a while ago, be Careful fingers can get tied up.

I could not remove remove my right hand seat, took it to the garage and the fitter could not ether, then bingo we pushed the seat backwards then released the leaver and away it went, so the seat has to be in the starting position to release the seat, then undo the red clips,

Just looked at my rear seat, if the grab hook is not placed over the locating boss and has been placed on the black bar with the arrows on it,  then when the is seat is let down the red leavers will become bent, so might be the red leavers has been damaged.

Edited by CHILLEY
  • Like 1

I too can confirm Urrell's findings.  For the rear seat folding, removal or re-latching system to work properly, the front to back sliding adjustment has first to be in the fully pushed back position.  If for any reason (like grabbing the front-back adjustment lever) you manage to move this while a seat is out of the car, it's a devil of a job getting it to re-latch into the floor successfully - until you realise what has happened and return the seat base slider to the "pushed back" position again. Then it's perfect!

• Like 1