John Mulholland Motors Ltd - Randalstown

DGW

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a car from them (Skoda Octavia) last July. pressured initially then very bad service with problems.

Then on Saturday got a statement from them demanding payment for Goods/services saying account was overdue. I have never been back near them since last year and certainly had nothing done. When I finally got to speak to Conor today I had to ask him to apologise when he told me the account should have been sent to another customer. If only he had had the grace to say he was sorry this happened I might have felt better. Will NEVER go near them again and advise others to beware. Once they sell you the car their whole attitude changes

(Very) Disgruntled!!

• 4 weeks later...

For immediate release: 04 September 2007

Randalstown's Mulholland secures top diesel result at Ulster Rally!

Randalstown's John Mulholland is celebrating after an excellent weekend in his NIIB Finance backed Skoda Fabia vRS TDi at the Armagh based PWT Ulster Rally. Navigated by Eamon Gorman, the crew secured third in class and was the first diesel car home at the event, which marked a round of both Ireland's and Britain's premier rally championships!

Amid tough competition, the 16 stage rally was fought over closed roads during day and night on Friday 31 August and Saturday 1 September. There were plenty of thrills and spills throughout the field, but John and Eamon ensured they kept their John Mulholland Motors Fabia vRS between the hedges to grab a superb result when they arrived at the Armagh finish ramp.

"It was a very difficult weekend," John said after the event. "We always seemed to choose the wrong tyres. On one stage, we were sitting on the start line with slicks and then the heavens opened! It was really slippery and difficult to control so we're pleased to secure such a good result!"

Tyre choice was not the team's only difficulty during the weekend. The Shell Racing Diesel backed car had been fitted with brand new three-way adjustable suspension, and a heavy landing over a jump on stage two burst the dampers! The K.G. Motorsport service crew was forced to revert the car back to its original suspension, but it was also damaged during Saturday morning's stages!

The mechanics pounced on the car once again, allowing John and Eamon to ensure their Shell Racing Diesel and Hankook backed car reached the finish of the demanding event. It was certainly no easy task, but with an armful of points and more crystalware for the cabinet, it was another excellent result for the John Mulholland Motors team!

ENDS.:thumbup:

Well done on the result John, I posted the details in the Motorsport Section (more people will see it ;) , as here is mainly used for dealer reviews so may not interest a large portion of the site as there not in NI.....no offence ;) )

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/motorsport-discussion/randalstowns-mulholland-secures-top-diesel-result-ulster-rally/88515/#post1015974

Btw Will you get an entry at Rally Ireland ?

With ref to disgruntled ,we would recommend you seek professional help to address your personal problems, as you and I know ,that you were dealt with in a professional and honest manner from day 1.It is obvious from the outset you have difficulties in driving an automatic car,instead of admitting your shortfall,you would rather slate our good name,please take the time to read all the positive comments about John Mulholland Motors. 1,500 customers per annum cannot be wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went in last Monday to see about trading my 07 Astra SRi in for a used Octivia and firstly had to stand in the empty showroom for 5+ minutes while 3 members of staff sat in the corner talking about football.

FINALLY was approached by the Skoda Brand Manager, Maurice, to be told the car I was trading in "didn't exist" and only valued it on a much lower spec model - and really wasn't interested at all.

Called into the local Ford dealership in the way home and was offered exactly what I wanted for my trade in by a sales-man who knew what he was talking about and I got a great deal on a used Mondeo.

I must say I am dissappointed because an Octivia was my 1st choice of car, and I always prefere to deal with a franchised dealer and after reading all the positive comments on here about this garage I was hoping for a similar good experience.

Dear Pete

As Sales Manager I was disappointed to read your comments. We pride ourselves on offering a prompt and professional service at all times to both new and existing customers.

I take exception to your comment that a group of salesmen ignored you for 5 minutes whilst they talked about football. As you were interested in a Skoda Octavia you were introduced to me by a member of the Hyundai staff.

On qualification you stated that you would not being dealing until end of Jan/beginning of Feb. You refused the invitation to test drive the product or to appoint another time for this.

To give you the best part exchange price we needed to see the vehicle involved and carry out the appropiate VCA and HPI checks and yet you did'nt have the car with you.

I'm sorry if your visit did'nt meet your expections but if I can be of any help in the future, please call me on 028 9447 3903.

Best regards

Maurice Blelock

Skoda Brand Manager

• 3 weeks later...
Dear Pete

As Sales Manager I was disappointed to read your comments. We pride ourselves on offering a prompt and professional service at all times to both new and existing customers.

I take exception to your comment that a group of salesmen ignored you for 5 minutes whilst they talked about football. As you were interested in a Skoda Octavia you were introduced to me by a member of the Hyundai staff.

After standing for 5 minutes in the Skoda showroom.

On qualification you stated that you would not being dealing until end of Jan/beginning of Feb. You refused the invitation to test drive the product or to appoint another time for this.

To give you the best part exchange price we needed to see the vehicle involved and carry out the appropiate VCA and HPI checks and yet you did'nt have the car with you.

I had the car with me, and refused a test drive on the bases that you refused to talk sense on the trade in. Needless to say however I got exactly the price needed on my trade in from another local dealers, and have since closed a deal.

I'm sorry if your visit did'nt meet your expections but if I can be of any help in the future, please call me on 028 9447 3903.

Best regards

Maurice Blelock

Skoda Brand Manager

I don't think I will be returning, thank you all the same.

• 2 months later...

Hi Pete904ni,

I agree with you about the sale staff. I bought a car from them a few years ago and got very poor after sales treatment. The sale person had promised things with the car but after I picked the car up they wouldn't deliver their promises. Even when it was in writing, it was just one excuse after another. I know now never to take a car out of the garage unless first inspecting.

I'd buy another car from John Mullholland, but I'll never do business with the sale people. You should if you haven't already purchased seriously look at the Skoda Octavia, a great car.

I Do give credit where credit is due and cannot fault the service department. They're Brilliant!! Never had any issues with them and are always accomodating.

• 5 months later...

I had a great experience at Mulholland's. Dealt with Nick and got a straight deal. Yes there was a bit of waiting around as they were busy, but I hadn't made an appointment.

It helped that I knew exactly what I wanted, had offers from other dealers in place and knew how much I wanted to pay to change vehicles. Ended up with a nice tangerine metallic fabia 2 from stock. They dealt with an initial throttle fault promptly but it does gripe a bit to pay £10 insurance on a loan car when it's a warranty claim that requires an 80 mile round trip by me for them to fix.

First service is coming up and I have a choice of dealers due to my location, as it's a simple 10k once over and oil change not sure whether to go on price or reputation....hmmmm

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would give a big thanks to John from service department at John Mullholland Motors.

The RAC phoned Mullhollands and within 5 mins we had a call back from one of the service guys who quickly diagnossed the problem over the phone, Not do many main dealers I know give out free advice these days

Thanks

• 6 months later...

just a quick note - bought my octavia vrs almost 2 years ago from mulhollands. the only time it has been back to them was for its first service - 2nd due soon. mistakenly bought a set of locking wheel nuts not realising it already had them hidden under plastic inserts (doh!) and there was no problem getting that sorted. very happy vrs owner here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my wife's 07 Fabia VRs serviced at Mulhollands. I did have high expectations due to the prvious threads I had read, but was dissappointed by the price and reaction I got when I complained about the rear brakes being very noisy and discs corroded. Car only has 17.5K miles and I was simply advised I would need new discs and pads with 12K miles. I guess I am a bit spolied, as this was my wifes car. I have a BMW 320d and get it serviced in Baverian. It's servicing is cheaper than the VRs and they valet the car as well. They are also extermely attentive and learn from feedback.

You have to try sometimes, but now I have done it, I will be taking my business elsewhere and giving Abraham's a shot next.

Bulleteer

Dear bulleteer,

With reference to your visit to our service department. Before the work commenced on your car a quote was given, agreed and signed by yourself to include extra items which you requested. At no time during the servicing or at the collection of your vehicle and the final invoice being issued, did you query your bill. If this was the case you should have raised the issue with one of our experienced service advisors. In relation to your issue with the brakes they are a wear and tear item and you spoke at length with our workshop foreman and he explained your query reference noisy brakes and corroded discs to your satisfaction. From our experience a BMW garage is alot more expensive than a Skoda dealership. Please contact us in person by telephoning 028 9447 3903 and we will be only to glad to resolve any of your issues.

Edited by John Mulholland

Guest tom500

Got my car serviced a couple of months a go at John Mullholland Motors, Wont be back, Over filled the engine with engine oil. Approxly 1 litre. Managed to lose half the undertray Bolts as well.

Seems to be hit and miss depending on what mechanic you get. Had 4 happy experiances before this.

• 2 weeks later...

second service done yesterday on my vrs. no fuss no bother, was given a lift into work 5miles away whilst car was being serviced. full explanation of what was done during service given afterwards. given a customer satisfaction survey thing to fill in about the service which when returned gets you 10% off the next service - nice touch (i'm on free servicing so not much use for me). car was washed as well, but the zeniths could have done with a bit more effort..

2 yrs, 18.5k miles now with no issues - i'm very happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Am thinking of buying the new VRS and would give these guys a turn but some of the comments here from customers and indeed the dealer have me wondering if they are the right people to deal with. Will probably visit a few dealers and see what they are like in person before I deal.

• Like 1

Am thinking of buying the new VRS and would give these guys a turn but some of the comments here from customers and indeed the dealer have me wondering if they are the right people to deal with. Will probably visit a few dealers and see what they are like in person before I deal.

In fairness Mulhollands have always been prepared to come on here and reply to peoples comments and issues, when both good and bad. There's not too many other dealers around doing that.

Also they seem to be prepared to be open to discuss any problems that have occured in an effort to resolve them,

If it were me, I'd be taking on board what everyone said but take a visit myself.

Finlay Harp,

In response to your post I would personally like to invite you to our Skoda showroom at Castle Road Randalstown where I would like to show you our extensive facilities and go through our customer feedback forms. This should give you the confidence to deal with us and reiterate why we are the provinces number 1 Skoda Retailer and ranked within the top 5 volume rest of the UK.

Regards

John Mulholland