John Mulholland Motors Ltd - Randalstown

DGW

i just got my 50k service from johns and i found the experiance to most satisfing.

they told me the console bushs were split and i need back brake pads and i found the price to be ok for the bushs.(i can change brake pads myself)

i sat in a very comfy waiting area and my car was cleaned and had a nice smell to it when i got it back

i will be back there for my 60k service and will try the dealership 1st for my next car

• 3 months later...

Was happy with them previously but Ive been let down by them recently, They did my major service, and I got a nice discount, which I was very happy with.

I requested a Superb to test drive as my courtesy car while the car was in for the service, which I didnt get, no explanation just got a crappy Hyundia Getz instead, which I got charged for, even though My insurance covers courtery cars. I can forgive not getting a superb as I didnt have a deposit in my pocket, I was only looking as I might be upgrading this coming year.

While my car was there I pointed out the paint issue I am having on the inside of all the doors (bubbling and peeling, starting to rust!) and was told it shouldnt be like that, definately a fault etc, so they took pics to send to Skoda, told me I would hear back in a week or two. I let it go for a month to give them time and heard nothing back, this was back in the Summer of this year!

Since then I have phoned them multiple times to be told the person who deals with it isnt there and will call me back, she never does. Apparently the service is only good when you are paying for it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New to all of this but cannot complain about Mulhollands at all to date- managed sales and purchase very well - advice and help available up to sale of car but no contact from them to date since -----which suits nicely ----very pleased with the car - going great to date!!! thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just got my Fabia vRS LE serviced (50K) @ John Mulholland's there on Monday and am very pleased with everything from dropping the car off to collection.

Have to take the car back in 2 weeks to get the front console bushes changed - from reading through the forums I can see a trend that this a common part which needs changed on he fabia's.

The additional work will be carried out under warranty which brought a smile to my face lol

Just wanted to say that everyone @ John Mulholland's have treated me very well from when I purchased the car back in August 09 right up until now and im sure it will continue.

• 2 weeks later...

Well ppl,

Different experince than my last visit 2 weeks ago....

Arrived to collect car after work @ 5.15pm but car wasnt ready - had car the whole day from when 8.30am.... - not a good start as I had been told it would be ready by lunch time.

Finally got car and drove it down the M2 and istantly noticed something isnt right here. The car was going in a straight line but my steering wheel was pointing to the left as if I was about to go round a corner. Turned off M2 and went back and said to the guy in services and he pointed to the garage and told me to take it over to them. Did that and the mechanic took it for a drive and yes noticed that it wasn't right - so he brought it back and started working on it. After half an hour he said that should be it sorted now and said that the new front bushes were "heavily modified" compared to the originals and that the steering was set for the old bushes.

Will monitor the steering for a few weeks to see how its going.

Im pretty pleased that they fixed the steering there and then, however, I would have liked it to have been tested prior to me collecting it thats all. :S

• 2 months later...

A couple of months ago my wife was interested in a new Fabia 2 1.4TDI and we called in to John Mulholland one evening. There were a few people in the showroom but swiftly one of the salesmen, Nick, approached us and discussed what we needed. He then suggested a lightly-used Fabia 3 TDI that had just been traded in and took us for a test drive that evening. His manner was both helpful and informative and we decided to buy the car. The overall purchase experience was pleasant and I'd certainly buy here again and intend that we'll come here for servicing.

What a lovely car the Fabia 3 TDI is! It has persuaded me that it is time for a trade-in of my own car. Unfortunately, Mulhollands don't have anything similar used at present so I may have to buy in Scotland, but I'll certainly come here for service.

• 10 months later...

Ive been a customer at John Mulholland for around 3 years now for some minor warranty work, repairs and servicing my old Fabia. I would give them 9/10 one minor concern with the road worthiness of 2 curtsey cars on one occasion that being the only small blip on what has been a first rate service, pricing is reasonable and by no means expensive for the level of service that is provided and the work carried out from all ive seen is as good as it gets and professionally carried out there is NO other main dealer in the UK I would trust enough to look after my vehicle with no doubt in my mind what so ever!

Additionally a further gripe for John Mulholland Motors Ltd, You did have to park a stupid big yellow Octavia VRS in the service department which I having to stare at it a few times too many was psychologically forced to go out and but a new Octavia VRS unfortunately having moved further away you were not local enough for me or you would have been my first port of call.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 6 months later...

Just thought I'd add my own experience of Mulhollands so far.

Bought a 5 week old 170dsg Superb Estate from them last May (2010). (John's own car I believe). Car was well prepared and the price was competitive.

As the car performed faultlessly, I had no dealings with the service department until 1st service in June 2011. Louise in the Service Department was very pleasant and helpful, the car was left in at 8.30am and I arranged to return at 5pm. I was phoned about lunchtime to let me know the car was ready. When I collected it there were no issues at all. Very pleased.

So far my only problem with the car was a few weeks ago. ABS light came on one Sunday afternoon. Landed in on the Monday morning on the way to work. Alicia in the Service department offered to try and get someone to look at it immediately, but as I was able to get a lift in to work I left it and said I would call back on my way home. I was phoned about lunchtime to explain the fault and to let me know that the part required was on back order, so my car was checked, computer reset and ready for collection pending delivery of the part in about a week. One week later I was phoned to say part was in. Car was taken in next morning and sorted by lunchtime.

Overall my experience has been of a very friendly and helpful Service Department. Anything I have needed done has been done when I wanted. Any work has been done quickly and efficiently.

At this stage I could not fault Mulhollands, and am looking forward to this level of service continuing.

• 3 months later...

I have ordered a lease car which will be supplied by Mulholland Motors. A Greenline Elegance Superb Estate. This was my first dealings with Mulhollands and will be my first Skoda. Changing from a Mondeo Titanium Estate. My experience has been very positive. Arrived one Saturday morning with family in tow and nothing was too much bother for the staff.

Gave me a good test drive, helped swap the kids car seats across etc etc. Normally the company I work for uses English based dealers and certainly my first impressions of Mulhollands have been great.

Can't wait to end of April when hopefully the car arrives.

• Like 1

I bought my Approved used Octavia II from John Mullholland Motors over a year and a half ago but just stumbled onto this thread.

I can't really fault the car I bought however I was disappointed on the day of collection.

The fuel light came on after driving a few hundred metres out of the gate. This was before I even got to the roundabout nearby. (check google maps to verify how close by this is)

I went to the petrol station a bit miffed and phoned the garage to complain when I got home. After speaking to the salesman again I was referred to John. I was told that it would cost too much to fill cars with fuel and I could not expect them to absorb the extra cost of putting fuel into their cars.

I'd like to know if new cars are filled or do they go out empty too. Are used sales treated differently from new sales maybe? I have been happy with the car and just wanted to be honest and share my experience with fellow members. I can stand over my comments and have told the truth.

It was not the case I excepted the car to have a full tank of fuel but I would have at least expected a quarter of a tank. This is the only car dealership that I've ever bought a car from which left me to put fuel into it before I could even get it home. Not a good start as a new customer to this franchise or the the Skoda brand.

Well done Bavarian, Agnews and Donnelly's. I've bought used cars from each one of these dealerships and they all ensured there was fuel in the car as a good will gesture.

Hopefully for everyone else this was just a one off.

• Like 1

I bought my Approved used Octavia II from John Mullholland Motors over a year and a half ago but just stumbled onto this thread.

I can't really fault the car I bought however I was disappointed on the day of collection.

The fuel light came on after driving a few hundred metres out of the gate. This was before I even got to the roundabout nearby. (check google maps to verify how close by this is)

I went to the petrol station a bit miffed and phoned the garage to complain when I got home. After speaking to the salesman again I was referred to John. I was told that it would cost too much to fill cars with fuel and I could not expect them to absorb the extra cost of putting fuel into their cars.

I'd like to know if new cars are filled or do they go out empty too. Are used sales treated differently from new sales maybe? I have been happy with the car and just wanted to be honest and share my experience with fellow members. I can stand over my comments and have told the truth.

It was not the case I excepted the car to have a full tank of fuel but I would have at least expected a quarter of a tank. This is the only car dealership that I've ever bought a car from which left me to put fuel into it before I could even get it home. Not a good start as a new customer to this franchise or the the Skoda brand.

Well done Bavarian, Agnews and Donnelly's. I've bought used cars from each one of these dealerships and they all ensured there was fuel in the car as a good will gesture.

Hopefully for everyone else this was just a one off.

Hi Corida,

Firstly, I would like to point out that there is no difference made between a customer who buys a new car or a used car as ALL customers are equally as important to us whether they are spending £10 on car parts or £20,000 on a new car and we pride ourselves on giving an incredibly high level of customer service that leaves them feeling extremely satisfied. I understand your disappointment at having to fuel your car so soon after taking delivery of it and I can sympathise with you in many ways but let me try and get you to see the reasoning behind our policy on fuel. We put 15 litres of fuel in every car that we sell and whilst you may not think that sounds like we are being overly generous, when you consider that we sell and deliver in the region of 2,000 cars per year then that works out at almost £45,000 per year in fuel alone. If you search around the market you will see that our cars are amongst the cheapest in the UK and if we were to start putting ¼ or ½ tank in every car then unfortunately we would need to start increasing our asking prices and thats just not something we want to do. I hope you understand that its not penny pinching but more a case of offering value for money.

Peter (Sales Manager)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

In response to daz_pd's comment:

Was happy with them previously but Ive been let down by them recently, They did my major service, and I got a nice discount, which I was very happy with.

I requested a Superb to test drive as my courtesy car while the car was in for the service, which I didnt get, no explanation just got a crappy Hyundia Getz instead, which I got charged for, even though My insurance covers courtery cars. I can forgive not getting a superb as I didnt have a deposit in my pocket, I was only looking as I might be upgrading this coming year.

I quote this old post

John Mulholland Aftersales offers all our Briskoda Members a Free 25 point healthcheck and Carwash while you enjoy a cup of coffee in our new state of the art Service Center and Test Drive the new range of Skoda's

I know its an old quote but would be looking to get my car serviced with you as I have not gone to anyone else in last 3-4 years of Skoda ownership for servicing etc despite working in the Netherlands, I would intend to time it in with my next visit. My time when visiting NI is fairly busy and would be fantastic to get a Greenline Octavia or Superb(greenline or not) as a courtesy car that Hyundai / lego car thing I had last time removed a part of my driving soul that I fear I shall never see again. I am considering both as a possible replacement to my current car in the coming year. Also Daz mentioned a "nice discount" how do I get one of those :D

Not happening until the new year but thought I would post to see if its read before then.

• 4 weeks later...

In response to daz_pd's comment:

I quote this old post

I know its an old quote but would be looking to get my car serviced with you as I have not gone to anyone else in last 3-4 years of Skoda ownership for servicing etc despite working in the Netherlands, I would intend to time it in with my next visit. My time when visiting NI is fairly busy and would be fantastic to get a Greenline Octavia or Superb(greenline or not) as a courtesy car that Hyundai / lego car thing I had last time removed a part of my driving soul that I fear I shall never see again. I am considering both as a possible replacement to my current car in the coming year. Also Daz mentioned a "nice discount" how do I get one of those :D

Not happening until the new year but thought I would post to see if its read before then.

FUBAR,

Give me a call when you looking to book your car in for a service and I will endeavour to furnish you with an Octavia or Superb. And, I may even be in a position to save you a few pounds on your bill!

Peter Pedlow

Sales Manager

028 9447 3903

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Nick Flinn of John Mulholland Motors, Randalstown who was awarded UK Salesperson of the year 2012:-

http://www.johnmulho...f-the-year-2012

I'll add to this.

Nick sold me my car after my Dad had bought three from John Mulhollnad over the years. He couldn't do enough to help me and got a great deal on the car.

Well done Nick!

Edited by Si Skoda

Shout out for Alex Barclay, salesman at the Campsie location.

Brilliant guy to deal with. No hassle, no pressure.

I traveled from South West Scotland to buy this car. The cost of the ferry was more than compensated for by not only the deal I received, but also the smoothness and friendliness of the transaction.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd add my own experience of Mulhollands so far.

Bought a 5 week old 170dsg Superb Estate from them last May (2010). (John's own car I believe). Car was well prepared and the price was competitive.

As the car performed faultlessly, I had no dealings with the service department until 1st service in June 2011. Louise in the Service Department was very pleasant and helpful, the car was left in at 8.30am and I arranged to return at 5pm. I was phoned about lunchtime to let me know the car was ready. When I collected it there were no issues at all. Very pleased.

So far my only problem with the car was a few weeks ago. ABS light came on one Sunday afternoon. Landed in on the Monday morning on the way to work. Alicia in the Service department offered to try and get someone to look at it immediately, but as I was able to get a lift in to work I left it and said I would call back on my way home. I was phoned about lunchtime to explain the fault and to let me know that the part required was on back order, so my car was checked, computer reset and ready for collection pending delivery of the part in about a week. One week later I was phoned to say part was in. Car was taken in next morning and sorted by lunchtime.

Overall my experience has been of a very friendly and helpful Service Department. Anything I have needed done has been done when I wanted. Any work has been done quickly and efficiently.

At this stage I could not fault Mulhollands, and am looking forward to this level of service continuing.

OK, It's November 2012 and time for an update.

Car serviced in August. Booking in was quick and easy, everything done as needed and a phone call to let me know it was ready even though I had to wait until after work to collect it. Perfect.

Last week the Sat Nav stopped working. Checked on here and one of the possibilities was a disconnected aerial lead. Took the head unit out to check and while I was doing so had to move the car. Started it with the passenger airbag warning light disconnected and created a fault bringing the airbag light on all the time :-( .

Friday morning into Mulholland's with no booking. Left the car while I was at work and got a call mid morning to say car was ready with airbag light sorted, new aerial ordered and a booking for Wednesday to have it fitted.

I have just got the car back with the Sat Nav working, car washed and a new badge fitted on the front as it was corroded. I was aware of the badge myself but had never mentioned it.

Staff were very friendly as always. This is the sort of service we all look for so I hope it continues for a long long time!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

john mullholland salemen are great selling you a used ford car but once they have their attitude changes. My daughter bought a used ford and its failed to start on numerous occasions regardless if the car is cold or warm.There is a knocking noise that comes from the gearbox when you press clutch in slightly. the car was taken back to mullholland cars and their mechinic said he could not hear it.The car has been taken to 3 garages and every mechanic heard it and all said what the problem is.The car is going back to mullhollands again so i will post a forum what the results are but what i will say is when a salesman says he wiil ring you back he should. after all this isnt a £1000 car bought from a back street garage this is a £8000 car bought from a main dealer.

Edited by danzo1

I have to say I am over the moon with my experience of John Mulhollands. I have already bought 2 cars with them in the past and am (shamefully) only writing a review on them now after my third purchase. Nothing is ever a bother for them. They always take the time to go through every detail with you and we always get a great deal. My sister and daughter have bought their cars with them too and none of us have ever had a problem with the servicing side of things. They do a lot of charity work as well for the NI Children's Hospice, which I think is just fantastic. Keep up the great work John Mulhollands-see you soon!

• Like 1

im sure a lot of people buy cars and are happy.I bought a new skoda superb and done 135000 miles in 4 years { taxi } without any problem and that car came from mulhollands.but my daughter got her car 4 months ago and its been pledged with faults and one of the faults is £1000 plus to put right and the car cost £8000 to buy.so im only telling people my daughters experience with john mulhollands cars.The car has knocking from gearbox and has failed to start on numerous occasions you could drive it 20 miles go into a shop 2 minutes and it wont start when you get back in thats the problem with the car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

first class sales and service, and always with a smile from every one.

great patience and help always from DAVID MC CLURG. thanks david always a good laugh?.

WOULD NOT DEAL WITH ANY ONE ELSE.

SKODA SUPERB THE BEST.

• Like 1