Clear sill protection film

Hi

Has anyone ever fitted and clear sill protector film to there Superb? I already have the black/silver covers that say "Laurin & Klement" I am looking to cover/protect the lower section (as highlighted in the picture)

Getting in and out on my garage I have caught the painted area a few times, so far no damage.. but it would be good to protect it :)

Ps ... I know the image is for an Octavia...Lol 

post-428-0-09204200-1427030834_thumb.jpg

Amazon sell rotor blade tape, that works perfectly, I use it on my bike . Just search for helicopter tape or rotor blade tape.

Edited by fluffmeister

I have used this stuff for many years on the sills, leading edge of the bonnet & the leading edge of the roof to windscreen if you can buy it large enough and your front bumper is like new  its stops many a stone chip, also can be used on the car body just behind the rear doors. Just using it on the sill, remove the L&K plates wet the area with a mild soapy solution ( a drop in a pint of warm water) apply to sill, this allows you movement of the sill protector, squeegee the water out, you many need to use a hot air gun or hairdryer to work the protector into the correct areas. Look on some of the Chinese web sites CEO1 or similar for this stuff at half the price you would buy it here for. 

I'd seen some for £11 or so that's about 20 cm wide IIRC.

I'll dig out a link later.

EDIT: I can't add a link as the company I was going to order from is no longer trading!

• 1 month later...

Paragontapes  (ebay seller) have a 1metre length by 150mm for £6

To do thee whole sill (both doors) you would need 1.8m though 1m would do just one door.

The seller says contact for other sizes/lengths.

In my case..... So far I haven't :)

BUT

The car as you know is big... and when I put it in my garage, due to the stuff in the garage, and I have cleaned out most stuff,  it leaves about 18" on the drivers side for me to get in and out ( and I am not a little bloke .. Lol ) On the odd occasion I catch the heel of my shoe on the drivers sill, not often but I just want to protect it BEFORE damage... ;)

lol i just wondered..... you'd have to be wearing hobnailed boots to damage it beyond something that just wipes off i would have thought. :)

Not something i've ever done in twenty years of car ownership and with wearing workboots and walking shoes/boots.

• Like 1

So far I haven't either, so for a few pounds I thought I would just prevent any chance of it happening, like you say it "should" only be a scuff that will polish out, but better to be safe than sorry as the say Lol 

What I really need to do is re-arrange the garage to see if I can get a little more room ...Lol

are you sure? that is only 50mm wide, I ordered the 150mm wide so it will go from the skoda protectors with laurin & klement on (or just superb)

all the way down to the line where the sill is armour coated.

The two scratches I have are only just up from the armour paint.

I've sadly left the bluey plastic covering on tbe shiny metal parts of the doors and tailgate

I thought I was the only one that did that [emoji6]. Having said that I've only left the plastic on the tailgate this time as as the door sills have L&K plaques so I let those exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk