West End Garage - Broxburn

DGW

New Skoda number 5 picked up from West End this afternoon ... wonderful service from Stuart as ever ... top marks to Graeme too for encouraging me to spend more money on some extra twizzly bits!

Friendly, polite and above all interested in their product and giving a first rate service.

Cannot recommend them highly enough.

New Skoda number 5 picked up from West End this afternoon ... wonderful service from Stuart as ever ... top marks to Graeme too for encouraging me to spend more money on some extra twizzly bits!

Friendly, polite and above all interested in their product and giving a first rate service.

Cannot recommend them highly enough.

this is a sneaky new tactic....Graeme flogging fancy bits? Previosuly he's been a pusher of winter tyres but nothing fancy. What did he sell you?

We now need to organise the West Lothian Yeti Velux Club inaugural meeting :rofl:

We have had 5 Skodas from new - 4 bought from West End over the last 22 years and have absolutely no complaints. Excellent service!

• 2 weeks later...

Most posts here are of good experiences with this garage, just as well then I have just put down a deposit on a second hand Octavia vRS Estate in black,

Was dealing with Stuart initially who told me the car used to be his demo car before the now previous owner had it for 5 years, every service had been carried out at this garage and I was told the previous owner has just bought a new vRS from them. Called back after having a quick think about and paid my deposit with any hesitation, Eddie was a great help, even sorted a tiny dent on the front wheelarch and offered 6 months road tax with a discount on the price he was wanting. Im picking it up in a weeks time, carnt wayt!!

• 5 months later...

Our Fabia vRS developed a slight rattle/knocking from the back. One call to Graham and he said to drop in on my way home from work, which I've just done. Car quickly put on the ramp, broken clip identified and replaced all FOC. Barely added five minutes to my journey. West End Garage really know how to look after their customers :-)

• 2 weeks later...

As of lunchtime today, West End also own Chathams Sighthill and Chathams Dunfermline

Yep, must opened the letter from them. Daniel predominantly based in Edinburgh, Stuart going to Dunfermline, Eddie staying at Uphall, Ian moving along to Uphall from th Broxburn used site and Graham covering all three sites.

Great news on the one hand, slightly worrying on the other - just a wee tad concernd the the excellent service I've received at West End for the two and a bit years I've owned my octy may be a bit um, diluted now.

Stuart assures me they are keen to avoid any diluting!

Was told about this a couple of weeks ago - great for them as they have worked hard and provided great service to me and others for years.

As long as I can still get the cars serviced at Uphall I don't mind travelling to Fife to deal with Stuart when it comes to changing cars ... again he assures me Uphall will remain.

Edited by IainM1970

Yeah Stuart told me a couple of weeks ago and also asked that if I don't feel service I receive at the new sites is up to Uphall standards that I am completely Frank and tell them about it as they want to have the same level of service across all three sites. Exciting but challenging times for them all.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Stuart told me a couple of weeks ago and also asked that if I don't feel service I receive at the new sites is up to Uphall standards that I am completely Frank and tell them about it as they want to have the same level of service across all three sites. Exciting but challenging times for them all.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Stuart assures me they are keen to avoid any diluting!

Was told about this a couple of weeks ago - great for them as they have worked hard and provided great service to me and others for years.

As long as I can still get the cars serviced at Uphall I don't mind travelling to Fife to deal with Stuart when it comes to changing cars ... again he assures me Uphall will remain.

That's good to hear guys :)

• 4 weeks later...

Recently have used the "new" West End Garage at Halbeath. What can I say, Stuart very nice and easy to get on with. . The sales staff, the tagteam of the 2 Donalds are really easy and friendly to deal with and are a asset to WEST END.

Edited by jand
  • Like 1

Yeah Stuart told me a couple of weeks ago and also asked that if I don't feel service I receive at the new sites is up to Uphall standards that I am completely Frank and tell them about it

So which branch is Frank going to be working at?

More seriously, I just found this out myself when looking up the phone numbers for West End and Chathams, looking to get the first service on my Yeti booked. TBH I found the service at both Uphall and Sighthill to be fine when I used them in the past so I hope and expect that will continue. I wish the West End crew best of luck with their expanded venture!

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 1

I used west end yesterday to diagnose and fix a relay fault!

Found it in an hour and a half, only charged me an hour, got te part and replaced it for £110!

Very reasonable, mark is the guy i dealt with, went in at half 7 to help me out, sorted me with a skoda citigo courtesy car for free and kept me up to date with what was happening!

Very impressed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dealt with Eddie and Ian last night when ordering my Blackline (was after half 4 and they weren't busy so we all chatted together)

gave me a pretty good deal (Ian "worked out" the 0 VAT calculation the wrong way - in my favour) and a sensible price for my Fabia as trade in.

I've almost always used West End Uphall for all my servicing needs - the prices may be steep compared to an independant, but the service is great and they remember who you are (Eddie, for example, was happy to get my business last night, after missing out on getting us our current Octy over 3 years ago - at the time Chathams Dunfermline gave me a better deal)

One point to note - if you are dropping off a car first thing for a service or work doing, and you park in the (free for half an hour) street spaces directly outside the dealership, make sure they don't leave it there till after half 10 and cause you get a parking ticket !

Edited by Wet Kipper
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Car going in for service (Halbeath Dunfermline) on Monday, asked for quote to balance a couple of wheels (summer wheels not even on the car yet but lost a weight late last year before I removed them) Now is this a record £50.40!!!

Yes £50.40 to balance two wheels off the car! Now even Kwikfit only charge £13.50 for that!

The problem with crazy quotes like this is it makes you wonder what other crazy labour rates they charge for Skoda specific things.

Forgot I posted in this thread about a year ago.

I no longer have the car I bought from them as it had a major engine problem, low oil pressure leading to worn parts resulting in excesive tapping and steam from exhaust. Took me 3 weeks for them to come to an agreement to return for refund, and at that they were wanting me to drive it the 150 miles back to them. I refused and they came and picked it up from me. Eddie was an A**E didnt even acknowledge me standing in the showroom 6 feet away from him upon arrival, then refused to accept there was a problem with the steering wheel being off centre during the test drive. Principal director and his right hand man are even worse to deal with, at one point I was told to shut up and you dont tell us what to do!

Probably the last time I think I will buy a second hand car from a dealer. Unbelievable experience from the start to finish. AVOID!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had my first dealings with west end in Edinburgh today. Tinted the glass in my camper van. Good quick service. Very happy with the results.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

On site, a guy called Andy does does it,. Met him beforehand and discussed the job etc. They wanted to do that to suss out the size of the van etc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I was picking up steel wheels for the wife's citigo from West End Garage, Uphall. I had the tyres in the back of the car and Ken the parts man said they would fit them for me. GREAT SERVICE !! Very Happy Man

• Like 1

I was in West End in Uphall with foster brother looking at and buying a used car and this is my second dealing with West End. Excellent customer service very polite and dont try to rip you off like many other garages, Ian the salesman continues the trend of excellent customer care. Excellent guy to deal with and a true petrolhead to boot as well. Will use again.

Edited by Loader
  • Like 1