Farewell!

Well,

If you guys have seen my other post you'll know my Superb was written off a few weeks ago, the money has come through from my insurance company, so i've stuck my spare set of alloys, multichanger and custom blinds on ebay and will be waving farewell to the Skoda Superb I forum.

I'll be off to the car auctions on the 7th April to find myself something new, a Yeti is at the top of my list, or maybe even a newer Superb, but it'll be a mark II rather than another I.

So I just wanted to say thanks for any advice you guys have given me over the past few years, and wish you all the best in your adventures!

Au revoir!

Derek 

• Like 3

Good luck with the search for a new set of wheels. Hope you get something nice.

Did the settlement end up being fair enough or do you feel sore from it?

Good luck with the search for a new set of wheels. Hope you get something nice.

Did the settlement end up being fair enough or do you feel sore from it?

Hi Jimbof,

It was less than i'd like, but compared to some similar mileage and spec cars on Autotrader, Exchange and Mart, etc, it was a fair price. It was a 55 plate with 130000 miles on the clock, Elegance spec, and they paid out £3060

Different offset I think.

Price wasn't too bad I guess. For my own accounting purposes I value mine at ~£3k, with similar miles / spec. I am surprised they are still worth this much - my car has only depreciated £3.5k in 103k miles and three and a half years...

just out of interest, someone told me mine would be worth about £1k - £1.5k still....it's a Superb I, 02 plate with.....184000 miles on!!! Any comment? I thought I'd bite his hand off!

just out of interest, someone told me mine would be worth about £1k - £1.5k still....it's a Superb I, 02 plate with.....184000 miles on!!! Any comment? I thought I'd bite his hand off!

Anywhere from a grand to £1500'ish at that mileage depending on bodywork state,going by general prices on ebay.

Anywhere from a grand to £1500'ish at that mileage depending on bodywork state,going by general prices on ebay.

shockingly positive news! still service it with longlife oil every year regardless, so i hope to keep it going. Although just having new shocks/springs fitted to the front. And those dreaded pinch bolts that Rotodiesel keeps warning us about has probably added to the cost as they have had to be cut off. but hey, will be a smooth ride now...

I was very surprised that my pinch bolts didn't give the garage too much trouble when they did my suspension, despite the car spending its early years in Scotland.

I guess many of these are now close to banger territory - worth £1500 of anyone's money if it is going and in good nick, regardless of age.  Even webuyanycar.com - notorious lowballers - are offering me £1700 for mine.  A year and 30K miles ago it was only £200 more.

• 2 weeks later...

I was very surprised that my pinch bolts didn't give the garage too much trouble when they did my suspension, despite the car spending its early years in Scotland.

I guess many of these are now close to banger territory - worth £1500 of anyone's money if it is going and in good nick, regardless of age.  Even webuyanycar.com - notorious lowballers - are offering me £1700 for mine.  A year and 30K miles ago it was only £200 more.

I think they start high to lure you in then you show up to be assessed and the price goes down and down and down. 

• 3 years later...

Well folks, almost 4 years later....I'm back!!

Been driving around in a Mercedes ML280 and a Merc SLK for the past few years but just traded the ML280 in for a 15 plate Yeti (2L 170bhp L&K spec).

I hope you guys are still here and your Superbs are still going strong.

Dez

• Like 2

On 05/01/2019 at 14:05, MilanM said:

Hehe welcome back!:thumbup:

What reason if I may ask brought you back? Or better said to trade Merc with Yeti?

My Sup still rolin' as good as new thank God. :cool:

Well, I'd wanted a Yeti when my Superb was crashed into but didn't find a nice one before I bought the ML280. I do like my ML280 and had spent a lot of money on it but it was costing me more every year (2006 with 143000 miles on the clock). So I traded it in as it needed a new EGR valve and at least 3 different sensors had issues (which could mean a new ECU) :D

I am loving the Yeti, it is cool and funky and I am just looking into getting the emissions 'fix' removed and a stage 1 remap to bring it from 170bhp to 220bhp :D