Fairweather Motors (Dundee) Ltd - Dundee

DGW

Originally posted by Lornick - Wed Jul 27, 2005

Fairweather in Dundee.

Main dealer was excellent (better than my last 2 BMW dealers and as good as my regular Subaru dealer).

• 1 year later...

Have visited this dealership both times I have sought to buy a Skoda and both times found them quite slow to respond. First time I was promised a test drive but ended up waiting over a week for a call back, by that time I'd already found a better cheaper car elsewhere. The second time (2 years later) when wanting to upgrade to a VRS I called for a test drive but when I arrived 10mins later the car wasnt available as promised.

Out of place comment about another dealer deleted by DGW.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just bought my vRS from there, signed for the car on the Saturday, Handed in insurance docs for tax on Monday, no contact until Friday lunchtime to arrange time for collection.

Upon collection, there were still a few marks on the car that i had pointed out at the time (stone chips/scratches) i wanted sorted.

They fitted new front pads, but the discs were knackered (Im a mechanic, i know what im talking about)

Sidelight was out

Water leak from drivers door.

Rear tyre treads were a bit low, and starting to perish (but still legal)

EDIT: Clutch is slipping also

TBH, i wasnt overly impressed, but the car was clean, and they serviced it before I picked it up. Just a few niggly things that i feel should have been done.

Other than that though, was a smooth deal. A bit more communication would have been nice

ANOTHER EDIT: Clutch is being replaced FOC by the dealer, along with the loose passenger door handle.

Which is good

• 2 weeks later...

I found them helpful, and the only real problem was my insurers taking over a week to provide a certificate of insurance

Fairweather, contacted SKODA UK who then allowed them to insure my car for a limited period so it could be taxed and taken away

So the delay was my insurers fault, not theirs

I do have outstanding problems though

They offered me a free MP3 Player which they never provided

And lifetime warranty which they have not provided any paper work

The fact that I did not get the MP3 Player alerts me to the fact that the lifetime

warranty is non existant too!

Oh well I am very happy with my VRS just the uncertainty takes the shine off a bit and wonder who I am dealing with as I did pay "cash"

Callum the sales manager was very civil and polite and tried to get me on the road as I say the only niggle is I did not get what I was offered, which makes me think what else is not to be forthcoming when I need it

Ok I am not sure wether the MP3 player was expensive or a cheapo personal unit but it did say "fitted" so that would rule out a personal player

I am not really concerned about the missing out on a couple of hundred quid

I am concerned about what it implies! further down the line if I require any assitance

If they do not give you the free MP3 player as promised then do they really change the brake pads when you pay for the service?

All this doubt in a customers mind,

Hi all you skoda fans, just picked up my new fabia from Fairweathers and could not be more satisfied. got a great deal and great service.

I read some of the reviews and feel there must be more to the stories than what the writers are letting on to .

I have had a few cars from Fairweathers and have never had any problems. servicing has always been good, communication great and as a family owned and run buisness you get a little more than just some corporate seller seling you a car.

Visited Callum at Fairweathers today,

He provided me with the warranty paperwork and the MP3 Player, that I was concerned at not getting

Very pleasant and polite, so yes I am pleased

I only wish they had told me when I bought the car that those things were not there at the time, and would be provided at a later date, would have saved a lot of anguish

I look forward to providing them with my business

Thanks Callum and yer Dad, not forgetting Fabia Dabia Doo

Jimbo

I've had my Fabia VRs for over two years now, each and every time I take it to Fairweathers an they're great with me.. heard about this site from a friend who uses FW Motors too with his Octy Vrs, he's an auto electrician to trade, he had a very annoying electrical fault he couldn't sort, they sorted it pronto - he loves them like i do!.. i'll be tellin them where to look here nxt time i'm in.. seems that some people are intent on giving a good garage with an excellent reputation a hard time over... a phone call?.. they're busy guys in there so why not give them a phone to help them out.. you might need them some time when it matters i guess.. John, Dundee.

• 5 months later...

Sent me a letter in the post, offering a free winter health and safety check. Went in on Wednesday, 14th...

Came back with a little list, mainly the Anti roll bar and head unit needing replaced...

They are both covered under Skoda Extended warranty, so they were going to order parts, and give me a call on the Friday to book it in for the work to be carried out...

Guess what? No phone call :rolleyes:

Car is booked into **************** for them to look at the car now

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent me a letter in the post, offering a free winter health and safety check. Went in on Wednesday, 28th...

Came back with a little list, a slight drone which is a wheel bearing, and attention to brakes

Very attentive, and today Sat 1 Dec job done, excellent service and coffee :-)

It was pleasant to be spoken to by the owner as a person rather than a pleb we had a good chat Thank You

• 1 year later...

After having sat all Saturday morning, Talking to the owner whilst the brakes were done and unidetifiable wheel bearing drone Assesed. Unable to identify and to wait until it showed itself with a breakdown

Took my VRS to ***********, Two weeks later, Put it on the rolling road and immediately identified the rear off side wheelbearing,, and stub axle, Which I had replaced along with the brakes that had NEVER been touched and the bill with replacement was less than my original for cleaning brakes and testing

However I Will use Fairweather for my next VRS but get serviced elsewhere ****************

Edited by DGW
This thread is not for recommending other companies.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After "I" identified an expansion tank problem (level sensor beeps) I ordered one from Fairweather, non in stock would have to order and post after three weeks phoned and stores said posted it but would send me another one which arrived within two days (I believe the original was still lying around awaiting posting)

Again I ordered a not in stock item but this time arrived by post within a week, excellent

Re my previous chat with NORMAN the owner I find it a great dealer, let down by the backroom boys

Sad really as I really want to deal local and support them

National

Edited by national

• 2 weeks later...

After "I" identified an expansion tank problem (level sensor beeps) I ordered one from Fairweather, non in stock would have to order and post after three weeks phoned and stores said posted it but would send me another one which arrived within two days (I believe the original was still lying around awaiting posting)

Again I ordered a not in stock item but this time arrived by post within a week, excellent

Re my previous chat with NORMAN the owner I find it a great dealer, let down by the backroom boys

Sad really as I really want to deal local and support them

National

Would just like to have my say on a pretty unfair post. As you said you ordered the expansion tank and it arrived two days later which then got posted out

to your address and unbeknown to me the expansion tank never arrived! So when you did phone me and said that you never recieved the part, I quickly

ordered another one and done exactly the same thing I done the first time. So it is quite unfortunate that the blame goes directly to us and not our

excellent, no problem, great British company called The Royal Mail................

Sorry for any inconvience caused and we would like to offer you 10% parts discount on your next purchase.

Regards.

Would just like to have my say on a pretty unfair post. As you said you ordered the expansion tank and it arrived two days later which then got posted out

to your address and unbeknown to me the expansion tank never arrived! So when you did phone me and said that you never recieved the part, I quickly

ordered another one and done exactly the same thing I done the first time. So it is quite unfortunate that the blame goes directly to us and not our

excellent, no problem, great British company called The Royal Mail................

Sorry for any inconvience caused and we would like to offer you 10% parts discount on your next purchase.

Regards.

Sorry I am not entering a slanging match, BUT, The tank had to be ordered, it arrived but I could not pick it up, so you allegedly posted it to me, I waited ten-days and phoned you, that it was missing in the ROYAL MAIL. You did "not have to order another one", one was already there and I recieved it next day by ROYAL MAIL (I believe due to the quickness of it, my original had been forgotten, I appologise if this was not the case)

I also ordered something else, and it had to be ordered, and it arrived next day by Royal Mail

I am not after a discount, I am happy to pay what it costs, no matter, if it was a genuine mistake

Regards National

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...