T.M.C. Car Sales - Navan

Originally posted by GAFF - Thu Dec 16, 2004

I bought the Octavia vRS from TMC in late 2001. The car was a demo, had a few extras I wanted and was a good price.

I always found them reasonably okay to deal with, always given a loan of a car, car servicing resonably priced and washed when returns (even though it got scratched one, which was denied).

One thing that has really annoyed me is there attitude and poor technical knowledge in dealing with re-occuring issues, the most notable in my case was the fault code 17705 which I had for 3 years. Skoda issued guidelines on a fix and the dealer still doesn't see it as a problem. On numerous occasions I gave him information on possible fixes (thanks to Briskoda) but he never wanted to acknowledge them even though they are pointed out in the Service bulletin.

Phoenix Motors on the other hand were more than helpfull and only to willing to try and get the fault rectified.

I purchased my Octavia vRS from TMC approx 2 years ago, to be honest he offered the best trade in by far from all the Dublin based dealers... which is why I went with them initially.

Servicing has been fair and as siad above a loan car is always available, the owner even obliging me by allowing me to drop my car off in the evenings at his home... so no time off work :D

I think Ive had a better experience than Gaff, all little niggles have been sorted without much fuss... but I havent had the issues he's had, only aircon sensor/seats fraying.

Where TMC shone for me was when my gearbox lunched itself at 30K and without the dealers help in communicating with Skoda it could have been a very expensive repair, thankfully it was all completed FOC... even though my confidence in the marque has been knocked I still wouldnt hesitate in reccommending TMC...

• 1 year later...

Bought my new skoda diesel vrs from T.M.C cars in Navan Co Meath last month where I felt important as a customer not like my expereinces in some other garages.

I enquired if they had a blue VRS and their was no meessing round tring to sell me some other car, they had the car and aranged to meet after buisness hours to my amasement and met AT TMC, I fond the garage to be very helpful and friendly and I look foward in doing buisness in the future :thumbup:

• 4 years later...

Bought my Yeti from TMC and all in all the experience was positive. Sales and service was spot on and my experience of after sales was also positive. Have no problem recommending them.