Ballybrittas Motors (Pat Keogh Car Sales) - Ballybrittas

• 9 months later...

On my 5th car (2nd octavia) from PAT KEOGH CAR SALES. Both excellent cars. Present one was hit by a sleeping driver and substantially damaged. Effecient and hassle free repair by this dealer. Not always the cheapest for the car you want but quality of service and honesty more than compensates.

• 8 months later...
is it true pat keogh owns julienstown motors where he sell new skoda's aswell. but isnt an agent

I haven't heard this. AFAIK Julienstown Motors is a separate dealership and can order cars directly from Skoda Ireland (As all car dealerships can), but is not a Service agent.

• 2 years later...

Have tried twice to get a "quote" for a DSG gearbox oil change and was rudely toled to my face that they did not do "quotes" for work, implying that I should just book it in and hope for the best ???????

Have tried twice to get a "quote" for a DSG gearbox oil change and was rudely toled to my face that they did not do "quotes" for work, implying that I should just book it in and hope for the best ???????

That's not good, why would you get work done prior to getting a price for it :confused:. Maybe they never done it before and dunno what to charge, I'm sure there's a length of time suggested by Skoda, maybe give them a ring and explain your query.

All main dealers now have a recommended time guide for all the service procedures on their models and the gearbox oil and filter are a set price, so there really is no acceptable reason for this and bear in mind I have asked twice !!! I was asked " is it a 1.9 or a 2.0ltr" when I replied it was a 2.0ltr, I was told "we never sold a 2.0ltr". I am absolutely furious about this, given the state of the economy you think the dealers would be eager to get work. I will get it done in Northern Ireland and I wont feel guilty about it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I just picked my car up from there today. There seemed to be a lack of sales people on the floor but the guy I was dealing with was very good. Knew his stuff about both the car, finance and just how to deal with people in general. I won't mention names.

There is a guy I often get when I rang and his phone manner was less than plesent. Very abrupt as if I was an inconvinence to him.

• 3 months later...

I bought my Superb there a few months ago. I was impressed with the amount of time spent on the handover - every feature of the car was explained. I was also happy with the sales process (must have been, I bought there instead of continuing on to Pilsen). The car was handed over in spotless condition which hasn't always been my experience when picking up a new car. I've no complaints so far in terms of sales. I've yet to get it serviced there so can't comment on that aspect but my one enquiry to Parts wasn't great and I bought from Pilsen on that occasion.

• 8 months later...

After nearly a year of ownership I am less than impressed with the after sales. Issues such as being booked in for appointments only to be told there was not enough time when I arrived and not giving you an upfront price for service or work is very annoying. You sit on the dealership floor while waiting and while they have nice coffee machine and stuff to keep kids entertained, you keep getting a sales man asking you are you ok over and over again, especially when you are waiting over an hour after the quoted pick up time.

If you can get over these annoyances, there service work is sport on and the car runs perfect.

The guy who sold me the car (think his name was Colin) is gone and to be honest his ability was one of the main reasons I bought from them.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Always found these guys an arrogant grumpy bunch. Have to beg them for a price or even to be served in their showroom.

I found them the very same, even when buying straight without a trade in

• 8 months later...

I've had my car serviced there twice now.  On both occasions, the service came in a little cheaper than quoted with a courtesy car provided free of charge.  My car was returned washed and spotless with a comprehensive service report.  There's no point in owning a great car if the service experience is poor, which is why I got rid of my Subaru.  This garage is yet another reason why my next car will be a Skoda.  I'm fussy and I can't fault the service experience here.