Eamonn Tarrant & Sons Ltd - Banteer

• 1 year later...

Cant stand them, very ill mannered when I approached them, then they turned around later in day to say the car i was interested in was sold. Funnily enough, went there a few days later, guess what - car was still for sale!!!!

have to agree,very ignorant even over the phone when i was just enquiring for a brochure on the vrs......did not bother his **** so i went to Noel Deasy where i did the deal with Kevin who is now retired,enjoy the retirement Mr. Barry:thumbup:

Edited by DGW
Unnecessary quote deleted.

Have to say I had the complete opposite.

I called in one day after work. It was about 4.50pm and I saw the vRS TDi in the showroom.

The wife and I were looking at it casually when the sales man asked me if I would like a spin in it.

I was well delighted as I thought they were closing. He backed the car out of the showroom and told me take her away for a drive.

Nice spin to Kanturk and back. He went through all the details with me when we arrived back.

I rang back the next day to do the deal. I was told that the car would take 10-12 weeks for delivery due to the extras I added but 7 weeks later she's now awaiting collection.

The service I was given throughout the sale was top notch and I would have no problems in recommending them...

Colin.

• 1 year later...

HI,

I cannot believe the first comments on Tarrants and am surprised that people were treated badly. I have just ordered my 6th car from them. My wife is on her 3rd Fabia. Never had a problem and would be very slow to leave them for the quality of aftersales care they have provided me. Example: Sent the head mechanic 60 miles to my house to check the car when the electrics acted up. Sent his son out at midnight to help me after the security stud stripped while changing a flat tyre.

Personally, I could not recommmend them enough! Always very happy.:)

Anthony.....

• 7 months later...
Did you buy the red one nice looking motor alright saw it there recently. hope you got it for a good price. best of luck with it now. :thumbup:

That's the one. It's in quite good condition alright. It has it's war wounds but generally it's lovely. I got quite a good deal aswell tbh. And as i said it was a pleasure to do business with them.

Thanks by the way:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

got a few services done by them on my vrs,they had to changed the gaskets in my exhaust but gave it back saying ill have to wait 4 the gaskets to arrive, so i had a car that sounded lke a tractor for a few days, they gave me a piece of **** as a replacement car that i was have afraid to drive when i left my car in for a service. they were ment to getback to me twice about a newer vrs tdi and never did, but for some reason i keep going back so they must be doing something right emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I gave them my car to repair

They left my car outside without capped fuses and relays in the engine compartment

Everything was flooded with water

On dashboard starts flashing lights for abs, asr and handbrake and sometimes lights for oil and power steering

They argue that this is not the fault of the water

But they telling me that the computer ECU is broken.....

• 7 months later...

I bought my vrs there.

Conor was a pleasure to deal with when I was buying. I had a fair few problems and they sorted everything out for me. Connie was a gentleman for all of that.

The only reason I didn't buy from them again is I wanted a bigger car and a Superb is too big for my driveway:)

Was back with them today for my car's second service and to discuss it's replacement. :)

As usual they were spot on.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Two of my co-workers have bought their last 2 cars there. So I decided to go up ... 1 and half hour trip (3 hour return). They were very busy on the day (recession ?).I spent an hour and a half there. I test drove 2 Superbs (very nice , love 'em)... deal almost done. I said I needed financing of EUR9,000 on asking price of EUR16,000. Not possible as it would be used as a taxi. What an insult ... no financial accounts were asked for( except is my wife working ? "No, coz she doesn't need to work" is what I should have said). Obviously they are so busy that they don't needed taxi drivers investing in cars.

Or possibly use as a taxi might change the conditions of the finance as it would ruin residuals should the worst happen and they require the car back. Either way that would be the financing company's call and not the garage.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I accept that the rejection for finance was from Skoda Finance and not the garage. Yet, a colleague of mine got 50% finance for use as a taxi. For me this would be EUR8,000 (not the EUR9,000 I asked for). But this option was not offered to me. I think they just thought that I was a bit dodgy looking.

• 1 month later...

Anytime i have ever called in they have always been a pleasure to deal with. called in without warning on one occasion and they looked after me immediately. would have bought of them but they had no 2nd hand vrs. Genuinely nice people!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Did you buy the red one nice looking motor alright saw it there recently. hope you got it for a good price. best of luck with it now. :thumbup:

have to disagree with the negative reports about tarrants,i got great,free advice from guy in stores,info i couldnt get in any other skoda cork garage at the time,guy was patient,and on the ball,aswel as that i got a part delivered to the door within 3 days,inc postage cheaper by e18 plus,than all the other skoda garages i got quotes from,so from my viewpoint,they are spot on,tops.

• Like 1