Octy mk1 4x4 suspension,haldex gurus needed?

Right guys

Pretty soon I'm going to be in a position to start the suspension on my octy 4x4 build!

I'm after the latest info on haldex controllers and suspension. I know Ive asked this before a while ago,but I want this build to be as up to the minute as it can be!

I'm after the lot,polybushes,haldex controller options,coilovers,adj rear arms,what diffs peeps are using?

Anything else you can think of that's going to help?

The car will be between 400-550bhp with some laughing gas....;-)

I've been in touch with dpm for a price on V3's.....£1285 delivered!

Blue haldex is on the way as long as the guy hasn't sold it! Lol

Apparently HPA are going to be bringing out an iPhone app for their digi controller?

I was thinking black series bushes,too harsh??

If you search for posts by Stuart_J and EddyH - neither of whom have posted for some time but both of whom owned very tuned 4X4s, ie 350bhp and 400+bhp respectively - you may pick up some useful information. Type site:briskoda.net Stuart_J (or EddyH) into a browser to find their posts. Stuart_J's car was very reliable and sorted.

• Like 1

Awesome have a KW sale on at the mo: KW Coilover Spring Sale! Savings of anything upto £300.00!

The KW v3 are extremely capable - very stable and reasuring at very high speed on very questionable surfaces

Bush wise - superpro - personally I'd not go black series - too hard, too bouncy imho

The Forge tie bars have been continuously improved, now comes with rubber boots (much needed) and even stronger end fork

HPA are calling their new controller the TouchMotion - its my aim to install one of these alongside my blue control

The TouchMotio's Sport mode is basically the Blue Controller map

As mention Peloquin do torsen type rear axle diffs, they also do front transaxle diffs

Upgrading the diffs makes the car tbh - so much more traction and delivered so much more predictably

Without them, a decently setup diffed FWD car will whip your arse

take it you dont want the one you where meant to be buying of me then?

take it you dont want the one you where meant to be buying of me then?

Yeah I still want it mate ;-)

I'm looking at the HPA as well as the blue haldex controller!

Not just the HPA on its own!

Yeah I still want it mate ;-)

I'm looking at the HPA as well as the blue haldex controller!

Not just the HPA on its own!

didnt think it worked like that, thought the hpa was an all in one solution and no need for the blue

The map on the underlying controller becomes the default fallback "stock" mode with the new hpa thing

ah i see i misunderstood how it worked then, fair enough.

off topic slightly did you have to change your FARB drop links when you lowered yours and changed the anti roll bar? looks like the bar may make contact with the driveshafts atm but wont know until it goes onto its wheels

Edited by boomsly

Spax RSX coilovers on mine, surprisingly good on road and nice and firm once wound up a bit. Cast arms with full superpro bushes including castor correction. Adjustable rear tie arms, r32 FARB and Neuspeed RARB (required boot floor mod). Manual Haldex controller wired to dash switch, switch off = front wheel drive... switch on = permanent 4x4 (about 55/45 FR split).