Woot all done :P

After 2 weeks leaning this car, ive got it sorted or at least 95% :p

Thanks to all, who inputted from my annoying questions, im sure you have seen then time again :(

Done:

- All intercooler pipework, top and bottom replaced with ASH silicone bends and stainless tubing.

- Fuel sender replaced twice, and rewired - still not right  - waiting to run diesel dried and get to the bottom of this literally.

-  Headlight switch - fualty  - replaced

- Passenger window switch replaced - old one snapped

- The majority of the fuses replaced  - all where wrong 

- new Head lights, one side had no fixing brackets, all snapped and wobbled.

- Ring master xenons H7 and H3, cree leds

- Water washer pump

- 3 brakes in the washer lines replaced lines, one under the dam wiper blades

- wiper blades removed and rust removed, painted

- Aero wiper blades, front & back

- Cleaned all drain holes( about a bucket of sand)

- Number plate bulb fixing smashed - replaced

- Led plate bulbs

- center caps missing - new center caps

- Front discs + pads both mintex

- Back discs and pads both mintex

- Used racing 600 fluid, fully bled

- Boot carpet - didnt have one

- Boot tools  - didnt have it

- Interior light rewired  - added LED bulbs

- Oil cooler seals replaced, as was leaking

- Oil change and filter

- Fuel filter change

- Pollen filter change

- Krust sills, and 2x coats of hammer right 

- New bumper side mounts as bumper was hanging off, old ones where snapped and de shaped.

- Gear box oil changed

- Power steering fluid changed

- Inner, upper, lower outer ( what ever they are called) both wishbone bushes replaced for polybush old ones knacked.

- CV boots both sides replaced, leaking

- Timing belt changed, Aux change all kit done, with water pump (used Gates)

- Changed Glow plugs

The End :)

Edited by FromTheDarkness

I think it was someone with a vision, but no internet/ tool/ brain cells...

They went to the trouble of remapping it (checked recept and phoned company) installing quality drop links, uprated clutch (i checked the garage from receipt) new nankang tyres all round ... yet corroded/ scuffed to buggery alloys - kinda sums it up

You have done a lot. Hate to think how much it cost. But I'm sure the way it drives now its all worth it.

Enjoy it.

I recon about £500, but i bought the car cheap. I purposly spent on it, to equate car+ fixes = going ebay value, and thats about right.

I aim to use the car for 3 years, so a lot of what has been done so far is to ensure its good for 3 years. And after 3 years i hope its value hasn't dropped much. I only do 10k- 12k mileage a year 90% motorway.

I will be leaving it standard, no lowering... however i am going to treat it to a whiteline RARB

I've done a similar thing with my polo, spent a little more than I should have.

Fair enough I could have just bought a running one, but it wouldn't have a new head gasket with new valves and valve guides, new timing chain kit and water pump, new rear brake shoes and new driveshaft ends.

• Like 1

Now everything is functioning properly, the map on the car is weird.. its sluggish like boost pipe is blow, then it hits 2.5k revs and booooom mental full on arse back.. its harsh, i rang the company that mapped it previously and they said its mapped for economy and not performance, but it seems a odd map for economy ..  this map was done in 2009, where they rubbish back then? do you think its become currupted over time? or is it just a crap remap? i have not driven any other VRS so i have nothing to compare with, maybe this is normal. It can be fun, but also really bad off the line it takes at least 3 seconds in 2nd gear before the power comes in ..

Now everything is functioning properly, the map on the car is weird.. its sluggish like boost pipe is blow, then it hits 2.5k revs and booooom mental full on arse back.. its harsh, i rang the company that mapped it previously and they said its mapped for economy and not performance, but it seems a odd map for economy ..  this map was done in 2009, where they rubbish back then? do you think its become currupted over time? or is it just a crap remap? i have not driven any other VRS so i have nothing to compare with, maybe this is normal. It can be fun, but also really bad off the line it takes at least 3 seconds in 2nd gear before the power comes in ..

maps can't get corrupted once they are written they are written as for off the line rev it abit more in first 

maps can't get corrupted once they are written they are written as for off the line rev it abit more in first 

All gears are the same, slugish for first 3-4 seconds then boom... ive got a dash cam coming soon, maybe i can video it..

I cant rev it more than my foot planted to the floor .. 

Hmm not so clued up with groups, there have been a few of faults ... but most now have been rectified where mainly electoic issues, how ever MAF was a issue .. seems mine is hard wired to the battery ...>< 

was discussed here :p http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/347384-off-maf-connector/