Sound proofing

Helston Hauler

Cheap way...........

CAR VAN VEHICLE SOUND DEADENING PROOFING PADS SHEETS x 5   eBay item number: 301442643285

Edited by Carlo diesel

Ime considering the same thing

I've found a firm called noise killer (NK group) from Oldham

£289 at their factory

£369 at your house

They've done a couple already so should no there way round

Having completely stripped the interior out of my Octavia to line it with Dynamat, I'd suggest that it's worthwhile and the nk prices are pretty reasonable as I think I paid about £130 for materials alone and took me a weekend.

Oddly though, whilst I felt it was a must in the Octavia, I've not felt the need in the Yeti

Choice of tyre makes a big difference too. Now helped by all tyre sellers listing grades for fuel economy, road noise, grip etc.

My new Good Years are notably quieter than my old Dunlops.

Look your current tyres up - see how they score.

I have just bought some new Matterhorn alloys ,so I will be buying a new set of tyres,knew of a speed/load rating not heard of a noise rating,so I would hold fire till I have purchased new tyres (any reccomendations) .where do I look up tyre ratings?

Usually any online place tyres are sold or the manufactures website, there will be noise, economy and grip ratings.
Look up the size tyres you need.

This is from the Asda site and will give you an idea of what your looking for Click Here

Edited by Urrell

While I love my Yeti 2l 4x4,I do feel there is just a little too much noise ingress ,mainly tyre/wind

Really?

I'm genuinely impressed with how quiet mine is.... too quiet - I wish I could hear the engine louder...