Rteverse camera help!

Guest ProfesorDeBuceo

The Kufatec isn't cheap, but works really well -- and personally I wouldn't waste my money on a system that only costs 20 quid. You get what you pay for.

Mike

Seconded :thumbup:

Thanks Mike that helps me out a lot , it's not too bad price wise but then again you pay a lot for the car so you don't wanner risk damaging it , how is it to code in and getting it to show up on Columbus ? Cheers

Mike,

Is yours a 'Highline' controller where the lines on screen bend as your turn the steering wheel?

I fancy doing this on my Yeti as I'll be pulling lots of trim out soon anyway.

I have never understood the need for the lines to move with the highline camera setup.  I am pretty sure Mike's is a so-called lowline setup though.

Adam

It was the RVC controller I was referring to. The 'highline' one uses feedback from the steering angle sensor to calculate where the car will go while in reverse and bends the lines on the screen to show the driver whether they are going to hit or miss something.

Like PDC sensors with OPS, it's not essential but if I'm going to do it then I want it all!

Probably not. But each to their own.

If I decide to fit a RVC (which I don't really need) or front sensors (which I don't really need), then I'll want to get the maximum functionality I can get.

Hence why I went for a 170 Yeti Elegence with a sunroof...

Guest ProfesorDeBuceo

As Adam says, it is really needed? I find the one I've got more than adequate, and you can see how close to things I can judge it without worry!

Mike

Glad you're still enjoying it Mike, I reckon it was money well spent :yes:

Boot need to be modified with this cam/handle.

The hole in the boot is to small.

I got a camera from aliexpress like mikes. And a video-in kit from eBay.

In function my installation works exactly like mikes.

Total cost 80£

The installation took around 3 hours.

0737a36794eae654cbf0936c50f4822d.jpg

1169261d924c20b4ebe32d70910f037b.jpg

Edited by mbirkely

Thanks. I had seen it but was put off by the boot modification (enlarging the hole I presume) that would be needed.

Have been searching for a camera to fit the hole and ness going to source suitable cabling afterwards.

I think this may have to wait though...