ABT Power Increasement for 1.4TSI 132 kw Twincharger CAVE / CTHE

Sorry i do not Understand.  It will show as a Mapping Modification.

The Original Manufacturers Warranty of 2 Years,  or 3 / 5 Years in the UK will be Invalidated as with any none Factory Software Enhancement 

or Re-Map.

The 2 Year Warranty where it Applies must be Provided by ABT-Sportsline surely.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has had the ABT Power Increasement on their Twincharger and then Failure of a CAVE / CTHE Engine & if the remedial work or Engine Replacement was paid for from the ABT Warranty.

Interesting that the data sheets so the CAVE has a better 0-60 and top speed after the map.  I thought they would have both been the same considering the HP and Torque are the same.

CTHE      0-100 km/h: 7.0

Top Speed: 229

CAVE      0-100 km/h: 6.9

Top Speed: 231

Edited by pkoconnor

It's interesting they won't quote a price for the map on their website. You have to "spec up" your car with what you want then a salesperson contacts you...

The CTHE map says 210bhp so probably not good value if the standard CTHE is putting out near 200bhp. I'd want before and after rolling road plots and would be pretty livid if I'd paid ££££ for 10bhp lol (even with their warranty).

It's interesting they won't quote a price for the map on their website. You have to "spec up" your car with what you want then a salesperson contacts you...

The CTHE map says 210bhp so probably not good value if the standard CTHE is putting out near 200bhp. I'd want before and after rolling road plots and would be pretty livid if I'd paid ££££ for 10bhp lol (even with their warranty).

They do quote.. Go on the desktop site and it gives you the costs.. €1590 + €175 fitting €90 TUV.. Ridiculous for what it is..
  • Like 1

They do quote.. Go on the desktop site and it gives you the costs.. €1590 + €175 fitting €90 TUV.. Ridiculous for what it is..

Ahh ok, I'm browsing on my iphone do maybe doesn't show the full site info. Cheers!

Sorry my Bad yet again.

Looking on a phone and not seeing that it was a Tuning Box.

So maybe the same wrong figures as other Tuning Box Figures where the 136kw 1.4 TFSI Audi 185 ps Engine was showing as giving less increased power than the 1.4 TSI 132 kw / 180 ps Minimum would when the Box was fitted.

There does seem to be confusion over the actual Standard Figures for a 1.4 TSI 180 PS Minimum CAVE, then CTHE

& a from 2011 1.4 TFSI 185 ps / 136kw Minimum Audi.

The CTHE from 2012 puts out as much as the TFSI 185 ps from 2011.

If the high price is due to the Warranty Cover they provide in other Countries other than the UK,

maybe worth seeing what a UK Price would be without a Warranty Policy provided on the Engine.

£200 - £300 would be about right if it is just another Tuning Box like from TMC, Bluespark, TDI etc

Edited by goneoffSKi

abt does everything with tuning boxes . i been there and ask what they could do for me and told them my upgrades . all they had to say was " we got a nice RS 3 if you want more power"

i guess the high price comes from their reputation 

Or maybe they have a Reputation for High Prices, or will do in the UK now.

and in the case of a Tuning Box the price is more to do with paying for a Warranty, and that people want that security.

Are their Tuning Boxes actually better performing and more reliable than that from TMC Motorsport ?

Or do they just have Higher Overheads, Advertising & Sponsorship Deals and make more profit?

http://tmcmotorsport.com

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 4 months later...

someone on the briskoda facebook page called sandy says he has had his CTHE mapped..... I've asked him to come on here and talk about it... (by ecotune)

Interesting! Fingers crossed we can get some details

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is his graph, seems to go from 180bhp to 205, he knows Ant on facebook, so he might have been at a meet, says he's not on here so here is the graph

11880646_10153254559548392_5258886130277

looks good..... if toms car only went to 205 bhp from 198 bhp though, it would be a total waste of time.

This is his graph, seems to go from 180bhp to 205, he knows Ant on facebook, so he might have been at a meet, says he's not on here so here is the graph

11880646_10153254559548392_5258886130277

looks good..... if toms car only went to 205 bhp from 198 bhp though, it would be a total waste of time.

It says 2011 fabia in the description at the top. Wouldn't that be a cave engine?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Top of the page shows '2011 Skoda Fabia'.

Maybe it is someone that thinks a CAVE engine was replaced with a CTHE & CTHE ECU, 

or the '2011 Skoda Fabia' means nothing and the car was a CTHE, but then if so the 180 bhp was not right.