ABT Power Increasement for 1.4TSI 132 kw Twincharger CAVE / CTHE

Top of the page shows '2011 Skoda Fabia'.

Maybe it is someone that thinks a CAVE engine was replaced with a CTHE & CTHE ECU, 

or the '2011 Skoda Fabia' means nothing and the car was a CTHE, but then if so the 180 bhp was not right.

could be, Ants was replaced, but he believes it was replaced with CAVE so... dunno about his mate, just added him on facebook, I will enquirer! :)

• Like 1

his response "It was a 62 plate before I put my private plate on, the inside of the driver door the little plate says CTHE, il grab a quick picture for you, no documentation came with the car to suggest it had a replacement had 13k on the clock when bough last June from a Macrae and **** dealership hope this helps mate"

and plate, it IS a CTHE ...

11911898_10153254827818392_737470884_n.j

From the VIN / Barcode from the Engine Skoda UK should really tell you the spec of the Engine, 

components used in the Build, new on the new engine line or a Factory Refurbished one.

But unlikely they will, so just best to enjoy, and be sure no Technician Plugs it in, Updates the ECU and spoil a good thing.

It has been known to happen.

From the VIN / Barcode from the Engine Skoda UK should really tell you the spec of the Engine,

components used in the Build, new on the new engine line or a Factory Refurbished one.

But unlikely they will, so just best to enjoy, and be sure no Technician Plugs it in, Updates the ECU and spoil a good thing.

It has been known to happen.

mine isn't mapped but Sunday is coming up fast so let's see what a bhp I'm running
  • Like 1

Regarding remapping a CTHE.

I spoke to AMD Essex this afternoon, despite me keep explaining how the CAVE and CTHE cars differ, the chap on the phone pleaded that remapping would be no problem at all and they have already remapped "several" 2012 and 2013 1.4 twinchargers.

They have their own map and also APR map available and said they were both able to be flashed to the car.

I'm still not sold on it though as there are still no user reports from CTHE owners or any dyno print outa.

• Like 1

Regarding remapping a CTHE.

I spoke to AMD Essex this afternoon, despite me keep explaining how the CAVE and CTHE cars differ, the chap on the phone pleaded that remapping would be no problem at all and they have already remapped "several" 2012 and 2013 1.4 twinchargers.

They have their own map and also APR map available and said they were both able to be flashed to the car.

I'm still not sold on it though as there are still no user reports from CTHE owners or any dyno print outa.

It's abit odd AMD say they have mapped several and indeed have their own map but no dyno graph? Surely they must have a dyno graph!

That's exactly my argument, I did ask if they had any dyno graphs they could supply to show the gains on a late model 1.4 tsi but they couldn't.

While expressing my doubts the guy on the phone said I could take the car down, they would plug it in and give me a definite answer. Thing is I would need to book it in with them and it's not exactly 5 minutes down the road.

• Like 1

One day surely out of these various CTHE Twincharger owners with Remaps done by the 5 Major UK Tuners that say they have done cars, someone will join the Forum and post the Dyno Sheet.

Its been 2 Years now at least i have been asking.

Odd those that have been to a UK APR Dealer to get Stage 1 done were unable to because there was no MAP available.

PKoconnor was the last member i think that tried.

• Like 2

One day surely out of these various CTHE Twincharger owners with Remaps done by the 5 Major UK Tuners that say they have done cars, someone will join the Forum and post the Dyno Sheet.

Its been 2 Years now at least i have been asking.

Odd those that have been to a UK APR Dealer to get Stage 1 done were unable to because there was no MAP available.

PKoconnor was the last member i think that tried.

I did...... Popped in a couple of weeks ago and APR still don't have one based on my ECU codes.... Perhaps somebody would like to put them self forward for a development vehicle???

I'm out of warranty next week and I'm hungry for a map, if it is true that the CTHE currently can't be mapped of happily be the development guinea pig :) this is my other argument, with the various differences between the two engines, surely a map that is suitable for the CAVE isn't necessarily suitable for the CTHE and would need it's own bespoke map?

the tuners seem to be sticking all teh CTHE together..... they are NOT the same, the latest generation of ECU encryption has yet to be cracked.... there IS a mapped CTHE, BUT its an earlier model (the one where you cannot set the XDS to "off" likemine) there are different versions (as George knows) ....]

the later ones havent been cracked to my knowledge.

Early Skoda Fabia Mk2 CTHE might be considered from late 2012 to getting into the Summer of 2013 when Seat had released the 2013 Ibiza Cupra with the same engine but the first ones still had issues and then there was a change to the Engine Management / MAP.

If you have one of the CTHE's first sold in the 6 months after they went on sale, then maybe just let them do the 'try and see if you like it', remaps. 

What is the worst that can happen?.   There should be no problem if these well known Tuning Houses have been developing and applying MAPS to the CTHE ECU's.

It would just be nice if any of those that had done them could show if the cars were getting the 185-190 hp

on 99 ron before and it is 205 hp that Stage 1 gives.  Less than a Tuning Box on a CTHE can give.

That's the other side to all of this George, another thing that would be interesting to see is whether the EARLY CTHE's standard power figure is nearer that of the CAVE engined cars (about 180bhp) or nearer that of some of the late CTHE dyno runs we have seen that are around 195bhp standard.

When on Super Unleaded they are nearer the figures of the 1.8TSI 192 ps engines that VW now are putting in the VW Polo GTI.

Even standard CAVE's on 99 RON were commonly putting out 185hp + 2010-2012.

the 180 ps is a minimum figure and on 95 ron / octane.