ABT Power Increasement for 1.4TSI 132 kw Twincharger CAVE / CTHE

the tuners seem to be sticking all teh CTHE together..... they are NOT the same, the latest generation of ECU encryption has yet to be cracked.... there IS a mapped CTHE, BUT its an earlier model (the one where you cannot set the XDS to "off" likemine) there are different versions (as George knows) ....]

the later ones havent been cracked to my knowledge.

None of the tuners I have approached  seem to be aware that there are different engine variants of the 1.4 TSI twincharger engine (CAVE & CTHE)), let alone that there are different ECU's.

I do not believe that any of them have managed or even tried to bust the encryption on the latest incarnation - why would they? It's an obsolete engine& therefore the number of people seeking a remap is small & dwindling. I believe the ECU can be remapped by removing it & the security seals & reprogramming the EEPROM directly - a labour intensive & risky business, but remapping via the OBD port, not a chance, I say & as others have said Dyno print-offs would be available if it were possible.

I have now completed my 2nd day with a TMC box (rather than the Bluespark, of which I was rather a fan). I must say first impressions, TMC is better. But that's only a subjective impression, I have nothing on paper to back it up. But I may have soon - if I can justify spending another 60 quid on another Dyno test!

• Like 3

someone on the briskoda facebook page called sandy says he has had his CTHE mapped..... I've asked him to come on here and talk about it... (by ecotune)

Thats my mate and i went with him to get it mapped....i dont think its a cthe his has, but iv been away from these for that long i cant remember when they changed them

• Like 1

It will still be a early CTHE with a CTHE ECU / Engine Management at launch,

like the ones on Jabuzuma and MilgeS's early cars that Skoda UK and Skoda Dealerships say there are no unpdates for, 

then cars built only a few months later in 2013 end up getting ECU Updates when in at Servicing and when some had issues.

I just text sandy an he says hes sure they remapped his via the OBD port...i couldny remember as the owner of ecotune had one of the coolest dogs iv seen and it would leave me alone so i spent most of the time playing about with it

I will say it was a very nippy car when we went home though

• Like 2

Only early ones are going out of warranty now (in the next 4-5 months) if anyone was waiting for that.

You could remap a Mk7 Golf R up to recently, and there are ones remapped i have been in 1, 

do you mean that has changed recently and it is not possible any more?

EDIT Friday morning, 

for sharkrider

http://evo.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/13823/oettinger-vw-golf-r

Re-maps also from REVO, APR, SHARK, SUPERCHIPS

This VIN Checker is usually correct.

But some error with the VIN Checker or the VIN Number on the Sticker in Post #28.

(i wonder if a cross over car CAVE to CTHE got the Revised engine fitted, the Dyno print out posted was poor for a CTHE engine.)

http://vindecoderz.com/EN/Skoda

http://vindecoder.eu/skoda

TMBFP65JD6D3044356

?

Could anyone who can be bothered try their own cars VIN on the Checker and see if accurate?

thanks.

EDIT.

Actually the checker is just rubbish.

Checked my 2010 1.4 TSI Petrol Dual Charger and it shows as a,

Skoda Roomster, 1.9 TDI (74kw) diesel with turbocharging, 2011 with 62,680 km

Rather than start a new ECU thread,

could i ask here anyone with a CTHE Engine vRS to post a picture of the ECU on their car and say when it was first Registered.

Or the Build Date if they know it.

As an Example these are an Early 2010 CAVE ECU.(3 pics on the left)  

& then a clean 2011 ECU.  (from 'vrspowerd's Build thread) & on the right a CTHE ECU.

post-86161-0-72829100-1441458372_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-77917500-1441458403_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-35569900-1441458427_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-24887300-1441458492_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-62288000-1441458620_thumb.jpg