driveshaft too short but correct gearbox and shaft

hey recently seen my gearbox leaking oil so took apart and secured shaft to gearbox but couldnt get the hub nut on as there wasnt enough showing like the shaft was too short. bought a new shaft for my car and thats exactly the same so kinda scratching my head to why its too short. its the 1.4 mpi engine with the fnk gearbox and shafts to match. also passenger wheel seems to stick out more than drivers side. any suggestions?

had new wishbones, track rod ends and arb linkages and still have the problem. bottom balljoint looks fine. would a bent hub cause this much play. looks like i need another inch at least for hub nut to fit

hey guys managed to check the hub out and the bearing had come out with the flange and was only in the hub by about 2cm. bought new bearing and fitted it and everything went back together fine. thanks for all your help  :clap:

Thought so, seen it happen plenty of times now if the bearings have just been pushed in and the retaining clip left slightly pushed in or bouncing around the back of the hub, after a few miles they just come back out until the brake disc hits the clipper carrier.

hey guys managed to check the hub out and the bearing had come out with the flange and was only in the hub by about 2cm. bought new bearing and fitted it and everything went back together fine. thanks for all your help  :clap:

Nice one :)

The "oh my hub bearing is falling out" question has been posed quite a few times. Given the potential for disaster, has anyone made a "howto" video of the process and pitfalls? There seem to be "many" vids on youtube.... Most of which appear to be "filler". :)