Whose More Popular JC vs BBC

Supurbia

I'd miss top gear if the show hadn't disappeared up it's own arse several years ago leading to me no longer watching it. Clarkson reminds me of the kid who was kept back a year in primary school, making him bigger than the others, who now finds that he can bully everyone else in the class. Hammond is the smallest kid in the class who keeps on the bully's good side as a means of protection from lesser bullies, while May is the smart kid who stays in the group as a means of making himself a bit cool. The others allow him to stay provided they can copy his homework every morning...

• Like 3

I'd miss top gear if the show hadn't disappeared up it's own arse several years ago leading to me no longer watching it. Clarkson reminds me of the kid who was kept back a year in primary school, making him bigger than the others, who now finds that he can bully everyone else in the class. Hammond is the smallest kid in the class who keeps on the bully's good side as a means of protection from lesser bullies, while May is the smart kid who stays in the group as a means of making himself a bit cool. The others allow him to stay provided they can copy his homework every morning...

Bloody good break down there mate as it's not as good as it was, I myself was getting to the stage where I'd record and skip parts of it, especially the star in car bit unless the star was actually someone who'd be interesting for real, used to like it when Lewis Hamilton came on there as he used to get right in line with the show imo,

JC is still JC though, a Great British icon in a similar way to HRH Phillip the Greek, I think I just like straight up folks myself, bush beaters ain't for me.

In the 80's a bbc producer "bit" a colleague in an argument..... Now I know it was 30 years ago.. (jesus I'm old lol) but what did the BBC do? Suspend him.... Sack him.... No.... He's the director general.... I kid you not.... They are so out of touch.....

I'm off to re-wick my vaping atty's, I might be gone a while, lol.

What sort of perversion is that?

Anyway, back on topic, Top Gear had run it's course, it had become a parody of itself, a bit like your aged drunken maiden aunt trying to jive, embarrassing, yet funny in an unkind way. Is Clarkson bigger than the BBC, his ego probably is, but no, only to the vociferous few. The majority of the population probably couldn't give a flying one, other than to agree his behaviour was unacceptable. Unfortunately we have sections of society who think that fame or celebrity and money is to be chased and embraced no matter what. Just look at the behaviour that some footballers display and then try to get injunctions to hide behind, yet their supporters still follow them.

What sort of perversion is that?

Anyway, back on topic, Top Gear had run it's course, it had become a parody of itself, a bit like your aged drunken maiden aunt trying to jive, embarrassing, yet funny in an unkind way. Is Clarkson bigger than the BBC, his ego probably is, but no, only to the vociferous few. The majority of the population probably couldn't give a flying one, other than to agree his behaviour was unacceptable. Unfortunately we have sections of society who think that fame or celebrity and money is to be chased and embraced no matter what. Just look at the behaviour that some footballers display and then try to get injunctions to hide behind, yet their supporters still follow them.

Ecigs

2030700-4.jpg

But this man

trevor20mcdonald-2003-21-12423.png

Is bigger than ITV :notme::D

On one hand you have an institution that seems to go from one disaster to another and then there'e the BBC. But seriously I would have to chose Jezza. This week Downton Abbey and Cameron have both announced they are going and I see no million name campaign to keep either of them.  

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that the show has started to slide downhill recently and it becoming far too obvious and several times this year haven't bothered to watch the end.  The BBC does some good stuff and if it wasn't for them we would have 20mins of programming and 40 mins of adverts per hour. We'll see if the press is as harsh with JC if he joins the "other side"  as it was a good excuse to do some BBC bashing.  ( I'll note that most "stars" who have left the BBC for other channels haven't necessarily thrived.)  

• Like 2

Will I miss Top gear, No

Will I miss Clarkson, No

Clarkson, self opinionated To$$er

That is all

Disclaimer:-  Just my opinion

My opinion as well, goodbye to bad rubbish!

In a climate of conformity and predictability, I think Clarkson is a refreshing change.

The BBC had no option in dealing with him but tv will be poorer for his loss.

Vive la difference!

• Like 3

I watch very little on the BBC most of their output is just not for me, I did/do like top gear and if the current format moves to a different channel I would try to watch it. I  agree it was not a totally car show but to me was very entertaining. I hate the way we have become so PC that it is impossible to say anything that does not cause a problem. Maybe I am just getting old and come from a generation where we did not have to mind our Ps and Qs every second. However if JC did cause physical harm to someone that is a different matter and he should be punished for it.  

John

• Like 2