spring assisters

I rang Skoda as I couldn't find spring assistors to fit a Superb2 and I was advised by them not to fit them as the rear suspension has sensors on for all sorts of ride settings and levelling and they claimed it could affect the car, like I said I have never found spring assistors listed for a Superb2.

I rang Skoda as I couldn't find spring assistors to fit a Superb2 and I was advised by them not to fit them as the rear suspension has sensors on for all sorts of ride settings and levelling and they claimed it could affect the car, like I said I have never found spring assistors listed for a Superb2.

thanks for that looks like i might have to remove the jockey wheel when towing as it catches on the speed bumps

I've had MAD Progressive spring assistors fitted to mine for a year or so. I had the same problem with the jockey wheel hitting the ground. They make a big difference to rear ride height when towing or with a fully loaded boot and a bike rack. No noticeable difference to the ride when not towing. I told my insurance company and they were fine with it, as they don't rate for them.

http://mad-suspension.co.uk . They were very helpful answering questions prior to ordering and afterwards for advice on fitting.

Edited by artichoke273

Just looked at the link for the mad assistors and almost fell of my chair at the price. I bought some Grayston inner spring type sprint assistors for my Octavia estate. I paid about £80 ish for the set. When I swapped the octy for my Superb estate I called Graston to ask about a set for my Superb and joy of joys the Octy set are also the same set for the Superb. A couple of hours later and they are fitted and are 'Superb' Highly recommend the Grayston set.

Ah yes, from memory most models use the HV-199515 for £123. I can't recall when the £204 set come into play. Granted they were still more than the Grayston set for £86.

I went by positive caravan site reviews and MAD seemed to have edge. No one had done a back-to-back test so it was all subjective, but it sounds like we're both happy with our choice.

Looking at the air bag versions, the difference between the two is that one type is for the lowered models such as the gremlin. Maybe as the projected sales are smaller, the price is higher?

Since it seems impossible to get nivomats (though I understand they are an option on Passatts) I may consider the air bag versions, as it does concern me how far the car sags when towing, even with a correct nose weight. I put Nivomats on my previous toucher (a Rover 75) and they mad a huge difference.

try www.factorycarparts.co.uk   I tried spring assisters in our 330d and they did not help much, the website I recommend offer heavy duty and towing spring alternatives, I have just bought a pair of heavy duty towing springs for the 3.

Website is being rebuilt so server is off line at the minute