Water leaking into car. Help.

Car leaking from the bulk head area passenger side I think, pen is pointing to the area where leaking, also from the rear seatbelt attachment see pictures. Rear door has been sealed but leaking from bottom clip and from a rivet, think water is getting in via the rubber seals. Help.

post-95448-0-20869400-1427415651_thumb.jpg

post-95448-0-78732400-1427415711_thumb.jpg

post-95448-0-37927900-1427415758_thumb.jpg

post-95448-0-42355300-1427415829_thumb.jpg

post-95448-0-80173200-1427415862_thumb.jpg

post-95448-0-05099700-1427415906_thumb.jpg

post-95448-0-06988200-1427415938_thumb.jpg

Has it got a sunroof?

To seal Rear door's properly you need to drill out the rivets, remove the panel, clean up and reseal, then makesure you've got sealant around rivets and that the rivets are tight in the hole.

You will find the original rivets are slightly loose, which causes the leaks.

Or the other way is too cover the rivets fitted now in sealer.

Thanks for advice wino, faradaycage and coskev, coskev I don't have a sunroof, doors won't be a problem, remove and reseal, it's the leaking from the front I'm more concerned with picture 1, when I wiped the water away It just reappears from under a small gap, I've removed the plastic bungs which has an open space underneath, I thought it was running from the boot area right through to the front and soaking my carpets, also the door rubbers Ive noticed collect water in the corners aee pictures 4/5 and it then tracks into the car, it's defo doing this as I've put blue roll along the area an it was soaking yesterday. I will look later.

Wino I've checked the rear washer pipe and it's ok, coskev that's my next plan of attack remove the plastic and check behind it, coskev where the pen is pointing ie the tip, there is a gap and water runs from here, still is, thanks again for your advice.

For the one at the front take the cover off the wiper plenum and see if the plenum drains at the edges are clear. The can collect crud and then block up leading to water ingress from there

For the one at the front take the cover off the wiper plenum and see if the plenum drains at the edges are clear. The can collect crud and then block up leading to water ingress from there

Just what I suggested 5 replies ago ;)

Just what I suggested 5 replies ago ;)

You did - sorry...   must remember to read all post before wading in with a comment!   :D

• Like 1

I've scrapped some muck and old leaves out earlier ran a hosepipe all over car simulate rain and checked in the footwell nothing then put clean dry towel layer out and then put some blue roll down where I've been getting water from, Mother Nature has helped and after I parked in my street a couple of hours later wet patch again same place, I didn't remove the scuttle fully as stubborn wiper arm didn't want to be removed so lifted up and shone a torch inside scrapped and cleaned out then as above flushed water through it. The water is runnibg in via a little crease almost like a drain off on under a car, still baffling me, just wondering any Welsh fab owners having or had problems similar reading this can help out. Willing to travel to you for help.

I've scrapped dome muck and old leaves out earlier ran a hosepipe all over car simulate rain and checked in the footwell nothing then put clean dry towel layer out and then put some blue roll down where I've been getting water from, Mother Nature has helped and after I parked in my street a couple of hours later wet patch again same place, I didn't remove the scuttle fully as stubborn wiper arm didn't want to be removed so lifted up and shone a torch inside scrapped and cleaned out then as above flushed water through it. The water is runnibg in via a little crease almost like a drain off on under a car, still baffling me, just wondering any Welsh fab owners having or had problems similar reading this can help out. Willing to travel to you for help.

Edited by stuart vrs

• 4 years later...

Did someone ever find the cause of this leak in the footwell? I now have the same problem in my 2006 Fabia 6Y 1.4 16v, can't find the cause, everything seems ok in the water tray below the windscreen, no signs of water in the big bulkhead connector, i really have  no clue.

Mine went into a garage as my turbo died and I spoke to the mechanic and he said he'll have a look, he said he removed the scuttle and gave it a good blast with a jet wash. To this day i haven't had any re-occurrence of it leaking. Hope this helps FabiaFrodo.