Lowered my car a little...........

Blimey, that's as low as a low thing!  I admire your commitment to the cause but being a practical sort of bloke, do you ever have to carry people around in the back?

Its on airlift v2....

I like it, my mates got airbags on his polo, had to get them as when he moved house he couldn't get on the drive. Can you get a Rizla between the sidewall and the arch?

I like it, my mates got airbags on his polo, had to get them as when he moved house he couldn't get on the drive. Can you get a Rizla between the sidewall and the arch?

No :D

Need to trim the archliners as they are sitting on the tyres so in theory it will go lower. Also needs a notch on the other side as its currently sat on the shaft!

I bet is very confortable on the back with that tyres and suspension travel  :notme:

Should be, they say with air the lower you go the more comfortable it is.

Not drove it yet as have a few things to finish off... need to get a rear box made as the current one is too big and catches the air spring

Thanks

Its almost as low as yours once was lol :D

With a notch you will definitely get lower than I was :)

but then you will then sit on the steering rack ends as mine were like bananas from rubbing on the chassis and eventually killed the rack and n/s shaft was starting to rub too but at least you can lift it to your normal driving height.

Really like how it looks and it's super clean :)

With a notch you will definitely get lower than I was :)

but then you will then sit on the steering rack ends as mine were like bananas from rubbing on the chassis and eventually killed the rack and n/s shaft was starting to rub too but at least you can lift it to your normal driving height.

Really like how it looks and it's super clean :)

Cheers Dan.

Its not super clean by any stretch of the imagination. As you well know, for some reason black looks really well in photos but in reality its aweful. Swirl marks and scratches everywhere :(

If by any slim chance I get it finished this Week I'll be at Ellescar so You'll see what I mean :D

• Like 1

Yes black looks great when it's all cleaned up :)

Mine in the early days used to look great after a machine polish but then I'd just neglect it as I always do lol

Hope you get to pop down to elsecar and if you see me come and say hello and hopefully I'll get to see your car :)

love these wheels was undecidedd but i like em more now seen em on one

Me too :)

I've had loads of wheels on this car over the years, audi rs4 reps , rs6 reps old and new, several differant TT wheels, porsche twists, just to name a few.

In the end I wanted an oe wheel in 18 inch and the 5x100 stud pattern doesn't leave you with many options...

Decided on these as I've never seen another Octavia on them. Took me ages to track a set down as they are quite rare and I ended up paying a fortune as they had just been refurbished!

When the car / wheels are clean they actually look quite good

Edited by Paul thornton
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...