Retrofit Columbus Superb 2011

Hi

I'm thinking about retro fitting a RNS510/Columbus in my Superb Greenline 2011 Elegance, to replace my current Bolero system.

I've been looking at Ebay-ads similar to this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Columbus-RNS-510-K-LED-Sat-Nav-Navigation-V12-2015-Praktik-Rapid-Superb-/281624968850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item419227fe92

It's described as : Genuine Skoda Columbus RNS 510 3T0 035 680 K

Will this fit into my car? If not, what do I need to look for to find a model that fits?

Also, is there any additional parts I need to get before I can mount this properly?

That part number is the same as mine is now after upgrading the original firmware to 5270 so it is probably a good level as my Superb Elegance Estate was built in mid November 2011.

I'll leave it to others to say if you will need any other parts (cables, etc.) or recoding.

• Like 1

Recoding with VCDS to allow Sat Nav integration (with Maxidot mostly) and remove error codes.

You'll probably need a new fascia.

GPS antenna should be supplied. I'd put it in the top left of the windscreen and run the cable down the A-pillar. Better reception there than behind the dash.

If your car have two antenna already (roof and rear windscreen pribably) you'll be OK on cables. Otherwise you'll want to consider a 1-to-2 adapter (1 male to 2 female) to remove 'open circuit' error codes. This may improve reception slightly.

Recoding with VCDS to allow Sat Nav integration (with Maxidot mostly) and remove error codes.

You'll probably need a new fascia.

GPS antenna should be supplied. I'd put it in the top left of the windscreen and run the cable down the A-pillar. Better reception there than behind the dash.

If your car have two antenna already (roof and rear windscreen pribably) you'll be OK on cables. Otherwise you'll want to consider a 1-to-2 adapter (1 male to 2 female) to remove 'open circuit' error codes. This may improve reception slightly.

I'm a total newbie on this, but what error codes might occur that needs removal? Is the VCDS-coding hard to do?

With the stereo out and swapped over you may get random error codes coming up on the next VCDS or dealer scan.

It won't be anything serious and can be easyily cleared.

One that won't be is the 'open circuit' fault if you only have one antenna in your car.

Coding in the Sat Nav is not difficult at all.

With the stereo out and swapped over you may get random error codes coming up on the next VCDS or dealer scan.

It won't be anything serious and can be easyily cleared.

One that won't be is the 'open circuit' fault if you only have one antenna in your car.

Coding in the Sat Nav is not difficult at all.

You know of any guides available for this? I need to find someone with VCDS-equipment in Sweden/Stockholm I guess.