Car park damage!

jamesbrett

Afternoon All,

I'm looking for a bit of advice / help.

Over the weekend some kind person used the side of my car as a guid to know when to stop their motor bike (Assuming, considering how low the damage is and the 2 clear dents / scratches (kick stand & foot rest) 

I've had quotes ranging from £280 (including replacement decals) to £400 (Decal not included!!) to do the repair.

Skoda can supply the sticker for £25 but I have a choice of three part numbers to pick from. Any ideas as the guy from the part shop didnt have a clue.

My citigo is a 64 reg, red with black decals.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Many thanks

James

post-121665-0-37984800-1427717095_thumb.png

It looks like the decal has just been scratched, you may be lucky and find the paint underneath is untouched, as for the part number I'm not sure, an email to Skoda Customer Services might get some answers? The sideskirt have to be replaced I take it?

• Like 1

Erm ... surely it is the parts guy job to work out which one it is? Tell him the bit that you want and let him order it; if the wrong one turns up tell him to try again!

• Like 2

Hi All,

Thank you all for you comments.

Good news is the parts guy at Skoda emailed head office who confirmed which part he needed to order, my faith in Skoda customer service remains intact, Plus you can definetly get them seperatly for £25 each.

Cars in the body shop as we speak and should be ready by tomorrow, with the sticker possibly being fitted next week.

£280 all in. All in all a very expensive shopping trip.

Heres hoping when the motor bike rider is in pain after he fell off his bike

Ever ridden a bike mate? If that was done by a footrest they would have gotten other marks all over the car with the bars at least. Also would had a nightmare getting off the bike. If it was the sidestand they wouldn't have got off the bike. You sure it wasn't a feral trolley? Looks more like the bumper bar part at ankle height hit it to me

Ever ridden a bike mate? If that was done by a footrest they would have gotten other marks all over the car with the bars at least. Also would had a nightmare getting off the bike. If it was the sidestand they wouldn't have got off the bike. You sure it wasn't a feral trolley? Looks more like the bumper bar part at ankle height hit it to me

At the end of the day it could have been anything, but I'm just going with the advice of 3 body shops, all of them said it looks like a motor bike kick stand and foot rest.

All I know is i didnt do it and its costing me £280 to get fixed. :sweat:

+1, no way a bike could have done this damage unless he'd crashed, then there would have been a lot more damage to your car.

Sorry about the damage, and the cost!

I'm semi-tempted to swap to the Monte Vinyl as I've noticed some air bubble appearing in my side vinyls a well as already having to cut several pieces of black vinyl to fill chips that have been cut into the side stripe, from stones etc. 25 per side stripe, and professional fitting would be too expensive and would replace my side stripe (which definitely even look a little tired on close inspection these days)

Sorry about the damage, and the cost!

I'm semi-tempted to swap to the Monte Vinyl as I've noticed some air bubble appearing in my side vinyls a well as already having to cut several pieces of black vinyl to fill chips that have been cut into the side stripe, from stones etc. 25 per side stripe, and professional fitting would be too expensive and would replace my side stripe (which definitely even look a little tired on close inspection these days)

What are you doing man! Aren't you selling the car soon? May as well leave it alone :(

What are you doing man! Aren't you selling the car soon? May as well leave it alone :(

I know, I know. I'm saving to hopefully swap to the Polo GTI between September/March! But because I've been saving like a nutter, I'm missing getting my mod fix... it's a burning away at me! :D 

• Like 2

I know, I know. I'm saving to hopefully swap to the Polo GTI between September/March! But because I've been saving like a nutter, I'm missing getting my mod fix... it's a burning away at me! :D

A Polo GTI would be so sweet, keep up with the saving, get the car and mod that bad boy up.

Good news, just heard from the garage and the body works fixed  :D  with the decal hopefully being delivered and fitted next week. but I can pick it up now.

• Like 2

One positive to come out of this was all 3 of body shops couldnt believe it was a Skoda and we're really impressed with the way it looked and build quality.

Was it reminiscent of the old "It's a Skoda, honest" adverts? :)
  • Like 1