3Year service plan and extended warranty

RB79

Anyone who has purchased a service plan know for sure whether the car can be serviced at any authorised dealer or if it has to be at the dealer I bought the car from.

Reading the servicing forums, the dealer I'm buying from seems to leave a lot to be desired in terms of after sales and servicing so I'd be wise to get the car serviced elsewhere.

Any recommendations on a good service garage in NW London. I've read the relevant section of the forums and 1) none of the reviews seem too inspiring 2) no recent reviews :-(

In terms of extended warranty, I'm seriously considering this as I plan to keep the car for a long time. Dealer advises I don't need to take this out right away and can get this any time before the 3 years warranty expires and in fact Skoda themselves will get in touch to offer it. However the information booklet for the extended warranty advises its only available at purchase.

Also what's the deal with the extended warranty... Is it as comprehensive as the base 3 year warranty or are there further exclusions? Dealer advised electrics aren't covered by extended warranty only mechanical failure, which sounds a bit naff. Is this true?

Is there any difference (cost and level of coverage) between extended warranty taken out at purchase and the product offered near end of standard 3year warranty?

There are already threads on this subject - a search should find you plenty of info.  Yes, there are differences between extended warranty at time of purchasing the car new and if bought later.

• Like 1

Ask the Dealer Again about ordering a new Car and taking advantage of Buying the 2 Year Extra Manufacturers Warranty,

because it is a Bargain then.

Taking a 1 or 2 Year 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty' Provided by Car Care LTD after 3 Years is not the same Warraranty as a Manufacturers Warranty.

Someone at the dealers might be giving Duff Gen.

as to the Warranty, be aware of the 6,000 mile / 6 months exclusions.

http://skoda.co.uk/sitecollectiondocuments/brochures/warranty-booklet-single.pdf

Lots of Exclusions & T&C's in a 'Skoda Approved Extended WArranty', Provided by Car Care LTD.

Anyone buying needs to read a Policy before purchasing.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Further to goneffSKi's post above which has a link to the Skoda New Car Warranty, details of the Skoda Extended Warranty (for years 4 and 5 from new) are in the first link below. The seoond is for the Skoda Approved Extended Warranty and Breakdown (Car Care Plan). I paid £630 at the time of purchase for a 2 year extension to my new Yeti's warranty. I previously paid £600 for 2 years of cover including breakdown under the Skoda Approved Extended Warranty for the Octavia II 1.8TSI 4X4 I recently sold.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/warranty

https://skoda-approvedextendedwarranty-invited.motor-admin.com/documents/skoda/policy-document.pdf

I recommend that you read the documents in the 3 relevant links and make up your own mind about what degree of cover you want. The latter warranty served me well when my Octavia needed the replacement of the complete rear transmission unit and later a front wheel bearing repair, but extending the warranty at time of purchase does give more comprehensive cover.

Thanks goneoffSKI.

Searched the forums but can't seem to find anything on the 3 year service plan. Anyone?

FYI, the Service plan I am referring to is this one...

"New car fixed-price service plan

Available from just £479"

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/

Given it's marketed by Skoda and is offered by Skoda Finance it seems reasonable that the servicing could be done at *any* authorised dealer not just the one where the service plan was purchased from, but good to make sure.

Is this one to check with Skoda customer service?

Edited by RB79

I considered this briefly but binned it. The plan is for up to 3 services - and you could get less depending on mileage and service regimen selected. You will only get dust and pollen filters 'if required' - but pay for them regardless. And I don't see where the claim that 'you won't be shocked by any unexpected bills' comes from as the scheme only covers routine servicing. If the car needs new brake discs, for example, for wear and tear reasons in the first 3 years then you will be shocked by the bill, regardless of whether you are on this scheme or not. JMTPW.

Pretty sure you can use any dealer , I had my last car serviced at a different dealer than I purchased the car from

Just entered the service deal again , good value imo but as pointed out its servicing not a full maintenance plan

You should be able to use any dealer, your purchase of the Service Plan should be inputted on to the System.

Now it likely is & properly.

Just last year there were those that found the Dealership Group were no more, the vehicles / Owners details were not added to the system, and other Dealers were not interested in covering the servicing from the plan.

Surely a one off and not something Skoda UK will allow to happen now!!!

Thanks for the clarification goneoffSKI.

Now I just need to find out which of the North West London service garage's is reliable and does a good job.

Anyone out there from the NW London area, using franchised service garage and able to recommend their garage from recent last 2-3 years good experiences? Unfortunately the threads on the individual garages don't have much recent reviews [emoji20]

Willis Motor Company looks the most promising. Any more recent experiences of this place?

Edited by RB79