Not sure which common fault I have

After years of Land Rover ownership I'm well versed in everything that goes wrong being a common fault but I'm not sure where to start with this one.

Skoda Superb Mk1 2007, it has the dreaded electrical gremlins. I know water had been a problem but I've fixed the source of the leak and everything has been drying out. I took out the ECU box and checked everything there and it was all dry and undamaged

List of faults:

Boot only opens from drivers door switch or key fob.

Central locking from key fob only opens passenger doors.

Central locking button from drivers door only operates drivers door. 

Interior lights don't come on when the door is open.

Windows don't work from drivers door. 

Occasionally door drivers door shows as open when it is closed.  

Illumination on door drivers door card comes and goes, flashes on and off often when lights are on. 

I ran a diagnostic and there were various intermittent no signal from X failures so I thought this was probably a bad earth or something in the wiring loom from when it had been leaking.

Now the confusing part:

I had the drivers door card off as I had snapped the handle. It's much easier to put the door card back on with the window down so I gave it a bash and it worked with door card removed. I had sprayed all the plugs with a bit of WD40 before I plugged them back in just out of habit from owning a sieve (land rover). Everything worked as it should which was a massive surprise. Then I put it all back together and sure enough it was back to normal (not working).

So my thoughts are wiring loom or dry solder in door mechanism / faulty door switch. Or all of the above? 

Any opinions on which job to tackle first would be appreciated or anything else I haven't considered?

Also with the variety of problems is it more likely that there are many causes to the various problems?

Thanks

Door card off everything works, door card on everything fubar'd......  Is one of the door screws penetrating the wiring loom?  I don't see how a card can affect anything!

Right so it's a reasonably warm and dry day so I have it drying out. 

There's a bit of condensation and soggy soundproofing in the passenger footwell but the ECU/ comfort module is still dry and pristine looking, box was dry too. 

As all of the windows work independently but not from drivers door control, and drivers window is more likely not to be working than working. It made me wonder, does the wiring loom from the drivers door come to a plug in the passenger footwell? If so that might be the source of some of my problems, especially if that's what the water damaged. 

If this 

2j35o2w.jpg

leads to here

dzbbtl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Faulty door control module been replaced still no interior lights and vcds says ccm is single wire operation.

Boot issue was faulty microswitch. Replaced with one out of a Passat and it's working great.

My other topics have more detail. Didn't want to just have a laundry list in one thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk