What cooler running spark plugs can i use in my octy vrs?

I think lazer iridiums would be a good bet, upgrading to the 2.0 tfsi coil packs with spacer adapters would also be a good idea for a cooler spark.

a little search on the vag pages says try denso ik22,

are the 2.0tfsi direct fit.. i was told by a guy at creation motorsports that as my octy is a 51 plate i wouldnt need the adaptors on mine but i dont see how that would change on any of the later models..?

a little search on the vag pages says try denso ik22,

are the 2.0tfsi direct fit.. i was told by a guy at creation motorsports that as my octy is a 51 plate i wouldnt need the adaptors on mine but i dont see how that would change on any of the later models..?

Those plugs could be good yeah. As far as I knew the spacers are required, I could be wrong as I've not done it but when I looked into it at appeared to be necessary. Think its to do with the way they sit and insure they stay in place. Creations are good guys though and know their onions. I would think like yourself that 51 plate would mean mk1 in general, try a Google exploration to be sure, sorry I can't be more specific on what the reason is for the spacers, it was a while ago I looked.

DO THE LATER PACKS REALLY HELP ????????? AS LOOKED AT THESE

Don't think you'll feel a benefit in the seat of your pants but will be cooler, which will result in a more consistent and efficient spark, and generally be a bit kinder to the cylinders when heading stage 2 and above. There will be a benefit at stage 1 but becomes more of a necessity going above that I'd say.

Looks like. They often have a red top. Found a part number 06H905115B is that the same? May be a more recent revision since. Message seller to make sure.

Just came across another bit of info. Because these coils are cooler, they allow you to run a bigger gap so have a a bigger spark at the plug. Could try them at 0.8 for example.

Looks like. They often have a red top. Found a part number 06H905115B is that the same? May be a more recent revision since. Message seller to make sure.

Just came across another bit of info. Because these coils are cooler, they allow you to run a bigger gap so have a a bigger spark at the plug. Could try them at 0.8 for example.

Ive messaged the seller dont seem to be very helpful at all but i guess they are worth a try a £60.00 could always send them back if not..

also are the standard plugs not 0.8 gap anyways..?

Supposed to be 0.8 for standard, 0.7 for map but last 2 sets I've bought (platinum and lazer iridium) were both pregapped at 0.7. I'd be a little wary of non genuine coil packs though, oem ones can be bad enough. However I did have pattern ones in a Seat with not much trouble. I would have thought there is a more helpful seller out there. Try euro car parts putting in the details of a 2.0t scirocco or something. Way I see it if a seller can't be bothered to help or know what they're selling I'd rather take my business elsewhere anyway.

Just ordered some bkr7e, see what the craic is. Worth a try see if there's a difference for under a tenner.

I noticed a difference straight away over the denso plugs that were fitted and those were only 10k old. Apparently though the copper ones do last longer then 7000miles

I noticed a difference straight away over the denso plugs that were fitted and those were only 10k old. Apparently though the copper ones do last longer then 7000miles

Cool. I went from platinum which I've run in a few cars and were pretty good to lazer iridium, perhaps I went the wrong way. Be interesting anyway. To be honest I'm fully prepared to change plugs at an annual service interval which is between 6-10k for me and at £10 a pop seems reasonable. Will at least inspect plugs annually anyway.