Custom turbo back exhaust for Fabia II RS estate (Oz build).

What a CAVE updates before they stopped production? They never bothered with any for the cars being sold in Europe, and the same engines went in for cars going to Australia.

Edited by goneoffSKi

did you get the testpipe file ? if yes it should be around the same hp/nm as mine 

you will find that the Australian tune is a bit different to the European tune due to our fuel and air temps. APR sends out a tech from America a few times a year to do local versions of their tunes.

What a CAVE updates before they stopped production? They never bothered with any for the cars being sold in Europe, and the same engines went in for cars going to Australia.

Basically all of the things that went into the re-built CAVE motors being handed out in Europe. Things like the uprated spark plugs, pistons/rings and breather valve mod mk.2.

I decided it was better to keep the motor I knew then to receive a re-built dud from someone else's car.

Edited by mmmRacer

Sorry, still no idea what Uprated Spark Plugs were fitted, because there were none,

As to Pistons & Rings, the rebuilt engines done at Dealers did OK, before at Dealers  they started fitting Short Units then Base Engines, which then still failed in some cases.

If you have a number for the uprated plugs that were Factory Fit in 2012 for cars going to Australia, could you post what they were please.?

Edited by goneoffSKi

Sorry, still no idea what Uprated Spark Plugs were fitted, because there were none,

As to Pistons & Rings, the rebuilt engines done at Dealers did OK, before at Dealers  they started fitting Short Units then Base Engines, which then still failed in some cases.

If you have a number for the uprated plugs that were Factory Fit in 2012 for cars going to Australia, could you post what they were please.?

99% of the info I have found is from this forum. There is no real spec difference for Australia other then we don't have heated sets.

Mat:

• Like 1

Carbon fibre racing seat would be best.....hahaha. Compare to a late 90's Honda Civic with a 2.4 litre motor it is a bit behind in the power to weight figures. 

Update... did my first track event after the stage 2 tune and all I can say is wheel spin. The Federal RSR's are great for up to stage 1 but stage 2 is a bit too much for them. On a tight twisty track with mostly second gear corners with short straights it just couldn't used the power. 

However I have plans in place to fix this.... they include some 17x8 wheels, flared guards and 235/40r17 tyres.

Stay tuned I have 2 of the 3 items already.

• Like 1

Are you sure on the 235/40 R 17 tyres,  you will notice a difference in the final ratio, 

i did while trying 225/35 R 18 tyre / wheels off of as A1 Competition Sport 122 bhp car.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

The new Yokohama AD08R 235/40r17  will only be for the track (as long as they don't rub). The Federal RSR 215/40r17 on my A1 wheels are still fine on the street with traction control still on :) .

However if there was such a tyre available I would be getting 225/40r17's. Then if I was lucky they might just fit inside the guards (maybe).

Edited by mmmRacer

I am actually talking about the total diameter and the difference between 205 or 215 / 40 R 17  & 235 /40 R 17, 

not just getting them in the arches.

You will feel it in 2nd to 3rd, but maybe it will suit what you want.

Do you have the XDS at the lowest setting?

If I remember correctly there is a option to adjust the wheel diameter by +/- 5% in the MDF setting. Considering the jump from 205 to 235 is about 4% I should have an easy option to try if things start playing up.

So far I am not playing with the XDS setting as I think it would be a waste of time without a BBK fitted.

There is no adjustment for that.

That is to set your Speed Warning for Winter Tyres being Fitted.

As to the XDS Setting, the reason i mention setting that low is,

Breakages that have occured of driveshafts with more power & better traction.

Getting OEM Driveshafts / CV's is an issue, & they are not cheap,

and as for Showing on the Parts Computer, that is all a bit odd, there are cheaper than standard OEM available with a bit of a hunt.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/227295-who-needs-a-lsd

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the car with the new traction upgrade.

gallery_110457_1586_81289.jpg

Superskoda flared guards (modified), Enkei RFP-1 17x8 wheels (3.4 kg lighter then stock each) and Yokohama AD08R 235/40R17 tyres.

• Like 3

Lovely.  As they should have been offered by Skoda as an option.   People would have paid a premium.

Never seen the arches before, but look great IMO.

Been waiting for some better weather to do some nicer pics. There are a few other pics however that I added to the gallery today if you want to see. Should get some proper shots when I do the next round of the hillclimb series on the weekend.

Warning - Three things to watch out for with this setup.

- The right rear tyre rubs on the inside of the inner guards (5 minutes with a angle grinder, problem solved).

- Anything lower then the Eibach prokit springs will rub (highly recommend f+r arb as well).

- The Superskoda flares needed to be packed out an extra 10mm with double sided tape to cover the tyres.

Edited by mmmRacer

chunky!

let us know if the wheel tyre setup is better on track :)

Something to think about Dave.

I did a test fit with the 17x8 et.35 Enkei wheel and my spare 215/40r17 RS-R and they fit just inside the front guards with a mil or two to spare. Best of all they are 3.4kg lighter each then stock, come in black and made in Japan. Nice upgrade for the Phantom.

• Like 1

APR Australia had their own Stage 2+ Polo GTI that they did all the local development on themselves. The files that had been written for that car are most likely what is on my car. In general the APR tunes will be slightly different from country to country. But to answer your question my tune was an off the shelf file.

Basically all of the things that went into the re-built CAVE motors being handed out in Europe. Things like the uprated spark plugs, pistons/rings and breather valve mod mk.2.

Sorry, still no idea what Uprated Spark Plugs were fitted, because there were none.

I run NGK BKR7EIX but for those wanting to stick with stock plugs, seems there is indeed a new spark plugs code according to people that work at Skoda dealerships since smt like a year now. Here's a photo for clarification.

Untitled_zpsaurk2kdb.png

Certainly different, and they look almost same spec to NGK BKR7EIX in terms of tip size and being iridium instead of platinum.

• Like 1