Norfolk

NR31 0LN

01493 601696

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW
Details updated

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

purchased demo fabia 3 1.9 car fine sales, staff ok ,not very generous with trade in price ,did ring to say i was coming to see car,surprised it was out as courtesy car, still ordered it. no probs with car, 1st servise ok collected ,left courtesy car, £87 bill, at the moment I am happy with servise provided.

• 1 year later...

Normal excellent service bought demo yeti not over generous with regard to trade in prices

• 1 year later...

Now I'm not a local to Norfolk, but I've just placed an order for my third car from Simpsons in Gt Yarmouth.

I don't know of anywhere that would stick trade plates on a showroom floor car, open up the big doors and let me out for a test drive as their "official" demos are off being used by staff over the weekend. Not once but twice they have done this for me, which is over and above what a sales team should do as these cars were prepared and polished, one having 0 miles on a Yeti 4x4.

Trade in prices do vary from dealer to dealer, so you can play them off against each other and it can come down to who needs the sales that month to hit targets. If they have sold enough that month why should they offer you discounts. Luck does play a part when dealing,but Simpsons have always been honest on what they can and cannot do for you.

300 mile round trip in a couple of weeks to pick up car number 3 :thumbup:

Onto the servicing side of things, it's just the same. The prices are cheaper than back home, always done on time, and no hidden extra charges. The car went in for a diagnostic when a ABS light flashed up and I wasn't charged a penny !

• 1 month later...

I bought a skoda octavia Vrs in 2005 from Darren at Simpsons just as they had taken the skoda dealership on. A fantastic car never missed a beat and has pretty much just had tyres and new discs throughout its life (110,000 miles). I returned last week to have a look at a new ex demo Fabia Vrs. They had no hesitation in letting me have the car on trial for 24 hours. I have just bought the car and more than happy. Even whilst in the showroom sorting out the paperwork they fitted new coil packs to my Octavia under recall from skoda without any input from me ( Now up for sale ). Whoever said Pushy sales people try Robinsons in Norwich. They are rude. Leave you looking for ages and the showroom is a Sh## Hole. I have never had any issues with Simpsons and find them polite and courteous.

Keep up the good work Simpsons. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 3 months later...

I've now been directly responsible for the purchase of three cars from Simpsons and can not speak highly enough of the entire sales/servicing experience.

Special mention to Darren on the sales team. The guy clearly knows his stuff.

I'll certainly be buying from them again.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just wanted to say that so far my experience of Simpsons has been superb! Have been dealing with Lee, who gave me a good deal on a new Citigo and nothing is too much trouble for him :thumbup: . Just waiting for a call for a build/delivery date then i'm a happy bunny!  :rofl:

will update with my experience once the car is delivered.

• Like 1

Yes,i have to say that my experience of Simpsons was great.Had dealings with Darren,Howard and Lee who sorted out my new Citigo Sport.Very pleased with my little car and Simpsons service.

• 1 month later...

Last year I went to Simpsons, intending to buy a new Skoda. They weren't at all interested about talking through a deal, so I travelled to a dealer in Norwich, where I received a much better reception (and they received my order).

A few months later, my wife did buy a used car from Simpsons, but only because she couldn't find the specification she wanted elsewhere locally. The rear door cards had what appeared to be water stains on them, which the salesman assured her would be removed by their valeting. She believed him, but the stains reappeared as soon as the door cards dried out from the valeting. The sales manager said it would cost £600 to replace the door cards, which they were not prepared to do, but he would look out for a 'PX scrapper' with the same trim and change the door cards over. I actually cured the problem using Autoglym Black Dye spray (the cards came up good as new) for less than a tenner!

I've just now been to look at a very high-spec. used car on their forecourt. The attitude of the salesman was so 'couldn't care less' that my wife walked away. The discount offered on the windscreen price was quite derisory and the salesman actually said to me 'If it's a new car, we can give a discount. We've got no room to move on used cars'. I reminded him that I was told exactly the opposite when I wanted to order a new car from him last year. It was very much 'take it or leave it', so I left it!

It seems to me that they just want you to open your wallet and let them take out what they want, without resistance. They've had three strikes and, as far as I'm concerned, they're OUT!

• 2 years later...

Bought my Fabia a couple of months ago from Simpsons in Yarco, Darren Sansom the salesman was great, if you're thinking of buying from there then head to him, nice relaxed transaction

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Some Briskodians seem to have been unfortunate on here as my experiance was very positive to say the least .I struck up a conversation with salesman Lee and MD Andrew who we're exhibiting the Skoda range nearby.I found Lee to be very reliable and he found me a new Karoq in the spec I wanted.We were both happy on the price offered on my part exchange and the deal done and dusted.I would add that this dealership was over 100 miles from my home and despite having a another Skoda franchise on my doorstep, I was more than happy to deal with Simpsons on the trust that had been nurtured by Lee.Well done to them.