Auto setting on lights - question

Picked up my Fabia a couple of days ago - SEL DSG - with no options (apart from black dash inlay and race blue paint).  The switch to turn the lights on has an auto setting, which doesn't seem to do anything apart from display an orange lit icon next to the switch (the headlights don't come on automatically at night time).

Does anyone have any idea what this setting is for?  My current thinking is that it is a standard switch, that gets installed in all cars, even those without automatic headlights, but why would Skoda bother to make the icon light up if the setting doesn't actually do anything?

Confused...

Apart from that, am loving my new Fabia.  Complements my Octavia Estate 4x4 nicely...

Thanks.

In the settings you will have two options. One is daytime running lights and the other should be there for setting the automatic lights. Can have early normal or late for the switch on.

The light assistant is standard on SEL and if it doesn't work ypull need to report to the dealer

As I thought, under Light Setup I only have options for DRLs, Convenience turn signal, Instrument/switch lighting, Coming Home and Leaving home.

As I thought, under Light Setup I only have options for DRLs, Convenience turn signal, Instrument/switch lighting, Coming Home and Leaving home.

That's all I've got too.  Is that right?  If so, what's the point of the Auto setting?  Still confused...

My auto lights work as they should. Have you spoken to your dealer?

Just been and checked - the headlights came on automatically.  Just no option to adjust them...

Just been and checked - the headlights came on automatically. Just no option to adjust them...

Glad they're working.

I'll double check mine at lunchtime, stug.

EDIT: Actually I won't as I'm in my fiancée's Alfa today. I'll check when I get home.

Edited by Prog

I've got an answer now - spoke to Skoda customer service and got conclusive answer from them - the SEL has automatic headlights as standard, but they are not adjustable.  Only adjustable with the option of auto windscreen wipers...