Dsg

Johnginger

No, because the one time that I inadvertently left the car in D having parked and applied the handbrake, it was clear that the car was pulling against the handbrake.

I was assured by VW that my Tig 2.0 hdi DSG was perfectly fine to sit with it in D so long as the footbrake was applied and there would be no clutch wear as it would be fully disengaged. DGW's post about rpm in various modes seems to confirm this.

You have different DSG's,  6 Speed Dual Clurch Wet. & 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch.

As to Foot Brake, you have operating the brakes and cutting power from the engine,

you have HHC, (Hill Hold Control/ Hill Start Assist)

So power cut, Drive Disengaged & Brake system applying Brakes and taking 1-2 Seconds to release and Drive Engaged.

Smart system and operating in different ways in different situations.

Location Location Location and drivers way of using, Brake Pedal, Hand Brake, Gearstick, & throttle pedal.

It does seem strange that VW and Skoda use different DSG' s in the Tig and Yeti, in my case both 2.0 hdi 140bhp. I did notice a difference in engine revs when changing gear going from a 7 speed to a 6 speed but now I'm used to that, I find the gearbox equally as smooth.

At least I can rest easy that I can carry on driving as I did before knowing that when I apply the footbrake the drive is disengaged.

Lights that blind other drivers are illegal, and if caught/stopped by a police officer they can land you with a fine of up to £1000.

That applies if you are stationary or driving.

And the chances of this happening in this day and age is practically nil. Hardly any traffic officers about these days and those not on traffic haven't a clue.

I agree with Huskoda about lights in rain, fog etc...... Many seem to think "I have DRLs so don't need to switch my lights on"..... They don't realise that there might be some lighting at the front but not at the back of the car!

• Like 1

What we have these days are Drivers with In car Video filming others breaking the road traffic acts as they are filmed breaking the road traffic acts.

I like filming Police Vehicle contravening road traffic acts, and driving about with Only Front Drl's and no rear lighting in Poor Visibility.

Like this Winter with the Range Rovers, BMW's, Audis, Rovers, Volvos, Mitsubishi etc in Blizzards, rain Drizzle & poor Visibility in Marked & Unmarked Vehicles and just nothing to the rear. Obviously no requirement to use indicators because they are highly trained and everyone else is Derren Brown.

What is it with Police Drivers sitting in Grid Lock in the XC90, Range Rovers and the likes, (High Bright Brake Lights)

Foot on Brake Pedal for stop after stop no matter how long.

Must be the Electric Handbrake and lack of thought about the Highway codes fault.

The Cornering Fog Light issue comes to the fore on Roadworks as you drive through a single lane & Traffic Lights

& the first Vehicle waiting to come the other way turns the wheel ready to go when the lights change.

So the Dipped Beam, or Cornering Head Light & Cornering Fog is shining right at you.

Worst seams to be RR Evoque & RR due to the height of the lights.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Old mentor of Mine she had a saying:

"My Name is not Billie & I am not defanitally not Silly."

+ BBBB "Beaucratic Bull**** Baffles Brains".

Good to see nothing has changed since the late 70's.

Hopefully  my Brains are still working.

Now up to the Beach and me & the "Snowman" can enjoy "Paradise".

• 1 month later...

Hi GeoffH, re post #35My Yeti has the rear tail lights on at the same time as the front DRL's.I still switch the heads on at dusk or heavy rain.

This sounds interesting... I'll have to check it out... Thanks for the posting.

This sounds interesting... I'll have to check it out... Thanks for the posting.

Definitely check it, because I'm sure that most DRLs (including mine) are front only.

Hi GeoffH, re post #35

My Yeti has the rear tail lights on at the same time as the front DRL's.

I still switch the heads on at dusk or heavy rain.

I have checked it out and the rear lights definitely don't come on with the DRLs.... Yours must have been "sorted" so they do.

... I think these posts re DRLs should be in a different section.