Leaving the Yeti fold

MarieK

All the best with you new steed, you can still look in here and let us know how you are getting on with it, that 900000000000 should be sent to Bobs corner with no beer  :p  :D .

Wish you many happy miles, from another member of the Bobs corner regulars  :D.

• Like 1

Jeep are giving £1000 discount as a 'launch contribution' with 0% finance.

Also, I went through a broker as I did when buying the Yeti so got a good deal there too.

• Like 2

We will miss you MarieK, particularly your helpful Photoshops (or whatever) of what a Yeti would look like with various extras  and options - I think over the past couple of years you may have helped a few people avoid expensive / embarrassing /expensive AND embarrassing mistakes.

Enjoy the Jeep and we look forward to your return to the True Path in 12 months....

• Like 1

All the best Marie, enjoy your new purchase when it arrives. I moved on from the  Yeti 13 months ago (like you after only 14 months of ownership) and I have found the Qashqai to be a different level/class of motoring, it makes you realise just how old hat the Yeti is in every way. Even my wife has noticed and she never comments about cars

• Like 1

Sadly I, too, shall be leaving Yeti ownership in about 6 weeks; new job comes with a non-optional company car.

I've quite honestly never owned a better car than the Yeti, and only driven perhaps three I'd have instead (and one of those only on sunny days with no luggage involved).

• Like 2

As I've said above I have no complaints about my Yeti. Its a joy to drive and I have no regrets. I gave it a good wash and painstakingly removed all the tar spots yesterday. It will be a really nice secondhand car for someone when it eventually appears in a dealership in a month or so when I swap it for the Jeep.

I just hope the Jeep is as trouble free and as fun to drive.

enjoy your new toy when you get it

there will be ups and downs of it

I left for Hyundai (long story) engine is not as good as VAG units, std equip is better, etc

give us an update once you have done a 1000 miles or so on the good and bad points of both, as it is always good to see how things compare

• Like 1

I'm in the process of it looking like I shall be getting a medical redundancy package from work so have looked at various cars to replace Dewi and Ive only got 2 other vehicles in the list, a Sportage but I find the interior claustrophobic and the view out of the back abysmal or the new LR Discovery Sport, but at over £30k I cannot justify that amount.

SWMBO says she can't see why we need to do anything yet; I suspect her view will prevail!  :angel:  :sweat:  :x  :x

• Like 1

I looked at the Sportage and was impressed in many ways but agree that the view out the back was not good. Also seemed to be much bigger than the Yeti on the outside but inside very little different. Ended up buying an Octavia estate 4x4 but to be honest still miss my Yeti - if only the boot had been a wee bit bigger --.

For those willing to wait a few further months the new Tucson does sound like something relatively close to the Yeti in concept, but more up to date:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-hyundai-tucson-revealed-geneva/1332087

I read that it's longer ,wider and lower than the outgoing ix 35.

On that alone "it's a no from me"...

Hi Marie,

You must let us see some of your artistic photos with your shiny  B) new toy.

Rick.

• Like 1

I know the Yeti's been around a while now, but which areas is it lacking (out of date) compared to others?

I would say - and on the basis that I really, really love my Yeti - it's mostly that some of the engines are a bit out of date (though I know new ones are incoming), which means the Yeti has official MPG and CO2 figures that are a bit off the best. And is not as refined as some of the competition.

The infotainment thingy is also a bit clunky, with the 2000 track limit and some interface oddities. There are some other options I think would be nice too - blind spot monitoring, heated steering wheel, electric passenger seat...

Fundamentally there is still an awful lot to recommend the Yeti.

• Like 1

For those willing to wait a few further months the new Tucson does sound like something relatively close to the Yeti in concept, but more up to date:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-hyundai-tucson-revealed-geneva/1332087

It still looks just like all the other qashqai, captur, sportage etc etc types.

Nothing distinctive looking about it.

• Like 1