Leaving the Yeti fold

MarieK

It is great to be able to read a ex owners opinion on their next car, and comparisons.

Many people only use 1 forum, and it is great that Briskoda can let people see opinions and experiences of not just Skodas or even only Yeti in the Yeti Section.

I couldn't agree more, although this is a Yeti forum it is also a motoring forum where owners of a Yeti or any other car for that matter dip in and out of to read comments and what other owners are saying. Sadly if anyone moving away from a Yeti is discouraged from posting the forum will just be a love affair with the car and no one will get the benefit of finding what other manufacturers cars are like, be it good or bad, and as the poster has said owners comments are always better than motoring press reviews.

Obviously no one who has purchased another model is going to keep coming back discussing their own new car, it is just the initial findings and reviews that are posted as Marie has been doing. I keep coming back to all the Skoda forums because I want to see what is developing in the Skoda range for when I change to the next car.

I know how Marie must feel I got slated when I sold my Yeti and said my new QQ was a far better all round car......Just saying like

• Like 2

The best way to kill a forum is to close your mind to choice.

I'd be surprised if manufacturers/marketers don't follow forums to get unedited opinions to help improve their product's desirability.

• Like 3

its happened before, web bullying so to speak with Marie the subject, by someone(in france) with very silly fixed views, resulting in his demise from the forum by the mods, hope this thread improves from said fixed yeti only contributions, CHOICE is king!

• Like 3

I totally agree, choice and freedom of speech are splendid things. But this is a Skoda Yeti forum not a general car forum, that was my point and in the past mods have moved threads elsewhere because they weren't 'Yeti enough'.

Mildly amusing and ironic though that after all the 'I have the right to write what I want' posts, as soon as someone posted a negative report of their experience of driving a Jeep they were well and truly flamed...!

• Like 1

I see post #76 if that is the one that flaming was supposed to follow, i can not see the flaming, i see further posts about the car being ugly.

Were there posts removed or is flaming an exaggeration on the posts.

It's good to see a manufacturer with the guts to go ahead with a design that has genuine character instead of following the accepted and unidentifiable blancmange recipe.

this is what I was meaning saying all the "new" models looked the same

the current yeti is obvious due to its unique front design, a little quirky but still nice

the images of the replacement I have seen has the corporate grill and no character left

?...

Mods: feel free to lock this thread, move it or delete it as appropriate.

ReneOrangeWaveJRF.gif

MarieK

I've just been reading an SAE report on the latest Honda/Borg Warner electro mechanical drive trickery.

It reports that the latest Jeep Renegade has the system in place.

When in normal driving conditions, nothing rotates in the rear drive train other than the rear wheels and axles; not the diff or prop shaft.

You should get v close to FWD economy (beyond weight and some electrical activation power)as a result of reduced rotating frictional losses.

Keep us posted.

• Like 1

MarieK

I've just been reading an SAE report on the latest Honda/Borg Warner electro mechanical drive trickery.

It reports that the latest Jeep Renegade has the system in place.

When in normal driving conditions, nothing rotates in the rear drive train other than the rear wheels and axles; not the diff or prop shaft.

You should get v close to FWD economy (beyond weight and some electrical activation power)as a result of reduced rotating frictional losses.

Keep us posted.

Mine is FWD

• Like 1

Do you remember how much more money the AWD version was?

AWD not available with 1.4 petrol manual.

It would have to be 9 speed auto petrol (£4k more) or 2L diesel engine (£3k more)

AWD not available with 1.4 petrol manual.

It would have to be 9 speed auto petrol (£4k more) or 2L diesel engine (£3k more)

and unless you drive off road why pay all that extra money? (ie same as the yeti). Glad you're enjoying the new car, mine's not here yet. Shame the summer's not arrived yet as it would be nice to get some use out of the sunroof before it goes

• Like 1

I believe I compared Marie:s new car with a multipla earlier in this thread. I saw one the other day for the first time in years. I'm sorry Marie I'd forgotten just how ugly they were. Your renegade is much much nicer. Saw one of those too, carved me up when it straight lined a roundabout. Grrrr

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk