Amundsen volume limiting

It's the same on Bolero (assuming you mean the way it resets to a much lower level when you next switch it on).

I've asked if this can be adjusted on the VCDS forum - so far no joy :(

It's the same on Bolero (assuming you mean the way it resets to a much lower level when you next switch it on).

It's got a number of weird volume-related quirks. I'd actually meant the artiticial overall limit to the volume. If a track starts and ends quietly and you have the volume up, it will start boosted, crush the level when the track kicks in and boost it for the gentle bit at the end. It's horrible, kind of like a cheap cassette recorder from 1982.

Other than the volume quirks it sounds fine.

Isn't the "maximum switch on volume" an option in the audio settings? I actually appreciate it, since I sometimes scared the bejesus out of myself by forgetting the volume on high in our previous car.

Isn't the "maximum switch on volume" an option in the audio settings? I actually appreciate it, since I sometimes scared the bejesus out of myself by forgetting the volume on high in our previous car.

Yes it is and a nice feature it is too.

Yes it is and a nice feature it is too.

I shall look again.  I couldn't find anything last time I looked but that doesn't mean it's not there (it's an age thing!)

It's got a number of weird volume-related quirks. I'd actually meant the artiticial overall limit to the volume. If a track starts and ends quietly and you have the volume up, it will start boosted, crush the level when the track kicks in and boost it for the gentle bit at the end. It's horrible, kind of like a cheap cassette recorder from 1982.

Other than the volume quirks it sounds fine.

+1 this annoys me so bloody much. I imagine there must be a way to code out the output protection with VCDS/VCP or something of that nature.

I tried to convince myself that turning up the Bluetooth input to Loud helped this phenomenon, but I think that was plecebo on my part.

Really irritating to have a flaw this dumb and artificially imposed on a circa £1k unit.