Faboka review

Lofty

And Faboka was offered......?

£250 for a remap which as he stated above to go somewhere else who could tune to my specific needs as he wanted to do it all through a cheap £6 cable rather than me visit him which i was more than willing to do would have took him out for food and a pint but was all abit much for him

• Like 1

Cheers Lofty, was a pleasure mapping your turbo. Different then all the GTB Powered sheep I've been doing lately.

GTB sheep? :o

To summarise the GTB sheep, they pay half the price of a pd150 hybrid and get more bhp ;)

Nope I mean Ryan :)

It was the thread about darkside that Ryan posted in. It got locked.

u be ****ed aswell if ds sold you some pipes for £300 that don't fit! thur i'm taking it to a ali welder whos going to correct their mess front end off and all will be reveled with photos 

u be ****ed aswell if ds sold you some pipes for £300 that don't fit! thur i'm taking it to a ali welder whos going to correct their mess front end off and all will be reveled with photos 

The ones that don't fit cars with OEM Xenons that you purchased to fit your car with OEM Xenons?

• Like 3

TBH steveopc i can't help believe that your not telling the full story here tbh!!!

following many many post on here you have asked for endless advice been given answer to many many questions time and time again

even to the point myself have posted up links to item that you have asked about (all because you couldn't be bothered researching and finding the answers yourself)

As for John i can't fault him, more than helpful, cheap, reliable & 100% genuine

I've had 4 setups off him personally and a couple of setups i've sorted for folk who had no tools or knowledge, every single Xman setup has required tweaking and setup (and he even tells you this)

John had no issues mapping when i fitted my DSSR's injectors, did you not think he was capable of mapping race nozzles?

i can only presume you have pestered him & wanted something for nothing, to the point he doesn't want anything to do with setting up your car (i could be wrong?)

After all the issues you have had it would seem you should've just took your car to a tuner and just paid for the lot start to finish, rather than buy bits from here there and everywhere and then complain about!!!

Anyhow i hope after all the drama and issues you have had your car is what you want it to be :)

• Like 4

TBH steveopc i can't help believe that your not telling the full story here tbh!!!

following many many post on here you have asked for endless advice been given answer to many many questions time and time again

even to the point myself have posted up links to item that you have asked about (all because you couldn't be bothered researching and finding the answers yourself)

As for John i can't fault him, more than helpful, cheap, reliable & 100% genuine

I've had 4 setups off him personally and a couple of setups i've sorted for folk who had no tools or knowledge, every single Xman setup has required tweaking and setup (and he even tells you this)

John had no issues mapping when i fitted my DSSR's injectors, did you not think he was capable of mapping race nozzles?

i can only presume you have pestered him & wanted something for nothing, to the point he doesn't want anything to do with setting up your car (i could be wrong?)

After all the issues you have had it would seem you should've just took your car to a tuner and just paid for the lot start to finish, rather than buy bits from here there and everywhere and then complain about!!!

Anyhow i hope after all the drama and issues you have had your car is what you want it to be :)

whatever! he wanted to do everything with logs basically he didn't want the car in front of him and tbh with my level of tune i want a printout :) end of...

The ones that don't fit cars with OEM Xenons that you purchased to fit your car with OEM Xenons?

the ones that vibrate on the sump ect totally made wrong pictures tomorrow any how before (shocking) and after (how they should have been)

you can't knock the guy for not offering a service you want. you want a print out, which means a rolling road, if faboka doesn't have one why is this his fault.

I can't wait to get my faboka remap!

• Like 4

Id use faboka, i even messaged him about turning my eml light off and he offered to do it at a very reasonable price. I havent taken the offer yet as im skint but i will be going when ive got funds.

• Like 1

My fault entirely!!

My thoughts are.... I'm a fussy old bugger been in the car scene long enough to know the bul****ers from the decent folk. Jeez I even work in the bloody trade!

So, when I find someone who I trust with my car, and they look after me and do a good job that's worth telling folks.

You will always get folks who want something for nothing, just like you will always get customers that are like the gift that keeps giving....

• Like 4

Damn I went to the shop earlier if I knew this thread was about I would of bought popcorn for all!!

Having met John personally and had his work first hand in mapping my GTB'd car and also helping me setup my turbo correctly I think I can comment on this thread in full honesty and say that John's work, and attention to detail is to a very high standard and he is highly passionate about what he does.

Living 45mins away from John, I travelled to him to have the work carried out. I have made 3 trips to him to date with 2 of those spent as full days worth of logging and correctly setting up the actuator.

Even when the actuator was setup within his 'tolerances' he still wanted it adjusting slightly to sit it within the middle of the values just because he wanted to be truly happy.

John has since updated my map several months later on before the RR day just because he had seen some slight changes he wanted to make with the fuelling. I was also on my way to him again last saturday evening for yet ANOTHER map update, but due to my car breaking down I had to cancel on him.

I will gladly hold my hands up and say I have not been the easiest customer to work with, I have always been asking him questions and raising points about certain 'internet forum myths' and he has been more than happy to answer my questions. He has been more than accepting to me switching dates for me to visit at last minute due to my screw ups on more than on occasion haha.

I honestly can't recommend John enough, and IMHO I wouldn't want to carry out any work for yourself either Stevo

Having worked in an engine machine shop I have dealt with my fair share of customers exactly like yourself, and they are never happy with anything no matter how above and beyond or how good of a job you do for them.

• Like 4

I have nothing but praise for Faboka, every time i have emailed him he has time to answer my questions and give me advice.

He mapped my car when it had a PD150 turbo, my current GTB turbo and will be mapping my new GTB turbo.

He spent numours hours trying to figure out a problem i had.

• Like 3

i payed dna tuning £200 for a base map that run the dssr injectors until i got for my live map on the weekend costing another £300 so not free in my eyes

just so I'm clear (I'm easily confused), faboka provided you with a service for which you did not pay but you did pay another company for a separate service, which makes what you got from faboka not free? of have I got the wrong end of the stick?

• Like 1