New VRS owner - 2002 Black Magic

• Administrators

Love HDR shots, really makes the picture pop! New skoda badges look better and I'm rather liking that front/rear badge in black. I'm looking to add the arm rest myself but I'll be going for the original Skoda one fo everything fits correctly with the right brackets.

Just bought myself a black one, keeping it shiny is hard! Any polish/wax/other stuff you'd recommend for a black car? Planning on getting my mate to go over the whole car with his polisher and wax, but would like to upkeep the paintwork myself after that

Edited by Saints92

Love HDR shots, really makes the picture pop! New skoda badges look better and I'm rather liking that front/rear badge in black. I'm looking to add the arm rest myself but I'll be going for the original Skoda one fo everything fits correctly with the right brackets.

They aren't HDR.. just single exposure.

Cheers for the comments guys.. I do like the new style badges.. I got them from alixpress for £15 for all 6..  seem like good quality and not any different to genuine ones I had on my last superb..

Just bought myself a black one, keeping it shiny is hard! Any polish/wax/other stuff you'd recommend for a black car? Planning on getting my mate to go over the whole car with his polisher and wax, but would like to upkeep the paintwork myself after that

I haven't waxed that in a year, so it badlt needs it.. I use Colinite wax, although black hole glaze or similar are great for darker cars.. Give it a good clay first and then wax away.

• Like 1

Cheers for the comments guys.. I do like the new style badges.. I got them from alixpress for £15 for all 6..  seem like good quality and not any different to genuine ones I had on my last superb..

Bargain! Have you got a link please? I'm not sure what the correct sizes are.

• Like 1

This is what I ordered.. bit dearer now due to the £ value.. wheel centres do fit, although I put a layer of insulating tape round the edge before fitting just to make them snug.. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6Pcs-Silver-SKODA-Chrome-Car-Emblem-Front-Hood-Emblem-Auto-Badge-90mm-80mm-56mm-SKODA-Front/32640642517.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.56.ki40H3

Edited by technics100

• 1 month later...

This is what I ordered.. bit dearer now due to the £ value.. wheel centres do fit, although I put a layer of insulating tape round the edge before fitting just to make them snug.. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6Pcs-Silver-SKODA-Chrome-Car-Emblem-Front-Hood-Emblem-Auto-Badge-90mm-80mm-56mm-SKODA-Front/32640642517.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.56.ki40H3

I've been slow in getting round to this and the link is broken now - do you know which seller you bought from?

Is it 56mm for the wheel centres and 80mm for the front and rear badges?

Looks great, and the best colour, although I`m a tad biased lol I`m with you on the badges, the new style ones will look so much better :thumbup:

On black and silver: yes! But on red, white and yellow: no, the old colored will look better!

I've been slow in getting round to this and the link is broken now - do you know which seller you bought from?

Is it 56mm for the wheel centres and 80mm for the front and rear badges?

Just checked the seller and they don't have any listed at the minute.. it was 80mm, 90mm and 56mm.. not sure if that's right, but that's what I have fitted.

here's the seller anyway.. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1316367?spm=2114.13010608.0.68.O69OiD

Edited by technics100

OK thanks. I think the original front/rear badges are both 80mm but I don't suppose an extra 10mm would make it look out of place on the rear :)

I don't think so.. I'm not sure what size the originals are.. here is a link to similar ones.. can't be bad for £12

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-6-pic-Car-Front-Hood-Emblem-Head-Bonnet-Badge-Tail-Label-Wheel-hub-Cap/32622188220.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.85.oUiNTE&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_1_10057_10056_10065_10037_10055_10054_10069_301_10059_10033_10058_10032_10017_10071_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_4&btsid=1e4bb568-a2f9-40a7-b9c6-8889228968a9

Lovely example there!

Although i have to go against all of you black magic owners, Having a Black Magic Fabia Vrs (mk1) it was a real pain to keep clean. also had a red Octavia Vrs (mk1) in the past which might as well have been pink the amount the plastic panels faded.

The Wife wouldn't let us get a yellow one for some reason so i opted for Silver, boring i know, but my it does look good.... prefer the silver,  :peek:

• 1 month later...

My previous silver one look delicious after clay and Collinite. I've just acquired another silver one and it's easily the lowest maintenance colour. I also love the way the black plastic bits set it off. Only thing that I want to change is the grill surround to black like I did on my last one.

However, technics, yours is truly gorgeous. Well done.

Oi Oi Technics, small world, you bought my Bora a few years back, see you now into Skoda's, had 2 Passats since the Bora and will picking up a Superb in a few weeks.